Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,892 ✭✭✭✭listermint

The long and short of it is. You won't stop these people. When this current news moves forward to the next legitimate concern they will downplay that too. They have been conditioned by constant daily barrage of nonsense to their phones. But they feel they have the 'inside scoop' it's actually quite communal I suppose if you look at it. Makes them feel they have the upper hand on other people. Smarter if you will, 'because everyone else is just sheep'. If it's Russia, Covid or climate change they don't seem to realise they are playing the part of handy pawn. Disseminating the stuff that comes to them for free. Always...

At some point they might, and i say might realise what's going on. And find an outside hobby.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,892 ✭✭✭✭listermint

From 60 to 80 battalions now. But sure its all for the crack....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭MFPM

Well of course if US intelligence says it, it must be true, I mean they're never wrong and never lie!

I see now that if one raises questions about the likelihood of an invasion of Ukraine by Russia; correctly places the Ukraine issue in a broader global context about the weakening status of US imperialism and the rise of other powers to varying degrees; points out accurate critique of the role of US imperialism and their faux concern about human rights and democracy illustrated by current (and historic) actions then apparently one is a 'pawn' and allegedly a climate change doubter and some kind of covid denier. Lazy sweeping generalisations and no evidence to back it up, just another day at boards as the 'experts' with their insight and knowledge gained from Twitter and for some a bit of travel to the East seek to ridicule any opposing view of their narrative!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭zv2

What on earth possessed you to put 'U.S.' and 'lie' in the same sentence?

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

• Advertisement

• More bad news for all the warhawks in here...

Chance of diplomatic solution 'higher' than invasion, says Ukraine

Ukraine's presidency has insisted the chance of resolving soaring tensions with Russia through diplomacy remains greater than that of an attack, as the US warned Moscow was stepping up preparations for an invasion.

"An honest assessment of the situation suggests that the chance of finding a diplomatic solution for de-escalation is still substantially higher than the threat of further escalation," said presidency advisor Mykhailo Podolyak in a statement.

But...but...but...invasion!

Could our Russian experts on boards be really wrong??

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

According to one person ,

According to the same person Russia was planning to invade ...

Darn it !

Lol hello2dpersonbelow

Damn, it doesn't suit the narrative so dismiss it!

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭animalinside

Well, keep in mind there could be actual Russian experts here (ie. against the Russia hysteria). Probably unlikely given the quality of this thread but one can always hope.

The US and Ukraine are going on so much about this "false flag" stuff and Putin's invasion imminent (DM was even claiming yesterday Putin would be putting Ukrainians in "internment camps" meant to evoke images of concentration camps lol, as if there would be any possible logistical way anything like that could ever occur). https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10479699/Ukrainians-rounded-internment-camps-Putins-invasion-plan.html

but they are pushing the idea so much either one of two things will likely happen:

1) Literally nothing. As has been the case about twenty times before with a very similar sort of hysteria that Putin was about to move. They will frame it as Ukraine being a good guy and bitterly conceding unfair demands to avoid bloodshed which they will use as leverage for future propaganda.

2) There could be a false "false flag" and then America and Ukraine will say "SEE, we TOLD YOU there would be a false flag!!!". In reality it will be an actual Ukrainian attack on Russia designed to look like a false flag. Obviously the US won't likely have direct knowledge of it themselves as it would be too dirty for even them, but it is being repeatedly told to them by the Ukrainians with a wink and a nod that a "false flag" operation is under way by the Russians so that's what they're going with. Then the Ukrainians will show the "evidence" of the false flag.

Other possibilities are they might lie and say Russia attacked first when they didn't or something like that. Putin isn't attacking anyone first, he is lining his troops up as part of normal military exercises and to protest against NATO expansion.

• Advertisement

@animalinside protest against NATO expansion.

What nato expansion..

Like any quality posts can't find any from the pro putin types going back nearly 10 years

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Bizarre that posters would dismiss the idea of Russian IO efforts and false flag incidents, when that was part of their initial invasion of Crimea.

Who knew Russia cared so much for the opinions of Irish folks on the internet to foster so many posters on this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭Polar101

If the Ukranians say "attack is imminent!", that just means widespread panic, stopping of all foreign investments, and general instability. So obviously they're going to play it cool, while they prepare for the possible invasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Snooker Loopy

Presumably all the pro-Russia posters gaslighting and shouting "nothing to see here" also spent the entire winter of 2002/03 ridiculing the prospect of a US invasion of Iraq, and ridiculing the people who protested on the streets against such.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

You've gotta laugh at a government that speaks of security and fairness, while at the same time poisoning and murdering people throughout neighbouring countries. Then tries to paint an invasion of a soverign state as a coup instigated by a country half way across the planet.

People who swallow this rubbish are off their head.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

I never said the Russians were above criticism. But drawing lines between the various camps (NATO, Russia etc) and imagining good guys are on one side and bad guys are on the other, is simplistic. There are good and bad people in all these camps and we should hope that sane people will prevail in all camps. There are wicked people in all these camps who would set the world alight. Let's hope they won't prevail. The real dividing line between good and bad is a cross-section across all camps, not between camps.

Please tell me who in the 'western side' in this would like to set the world alight?

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

Who are the good guys?

i) A country which wants to live in peace and be left to decide its own destiny

or

ii) a fascist kleptocratic mafia state run by a dictator, who says their neighbours have no right to exist, already illegally occupies part of their neighbours' land (as well as the land of several other countries) and has mounted 130k troops and counting on its border, ready to unleash war on those same neighbours if they don't do as the dictator wants?

I'd say there's a very easy answer there as to who are the good guys and who are the bad guys. Wouldn't you?

There's that lazy, simplistic and binary narrative once more.

• Advertisement

I agree with you, it's entirely nauseating listening to Biden and Johnson lecture anyone on human rights, democracy and sovereignty...you can only imagine what Palestinians, many in Yemen and the population of any number of Latin American countries are thinking watching the guff from the two lads!

If it's as lazy as you claim, you should be able to pick it apart no problem.

You didn't bother doing so, preferring a glib, sarky, one line answer that offered precisely nothing. Now that's lazy.

What about what I wrote is incorrect?

You're fooling nobody.

What you really find nauseating is the thought of Ukraine being able to govern itself in a functioning democracy and being allowed to live in peace, free from Russian colonial interference.

Isn't it?

Somehow you sound like you are state controlled as well

What have Biden and Johnson got to do with Russia massing troops on ukraines borders? Tell me what they have done. Also what has Palestine, Yemen and Latin america got to do with it?

SFA, as everybody knows. They're just the bait and switch buzzwords of posters who cannot debate the issue because they're shameless propagandists for the criminal, kleptocratic, fascist mafia regime of Putin.

What about Guantanamo and the prisons of Basra? Are the Americans good guys? And like Filatov said in his opening statement, America and EU interfered with a Ukrainian government that was in no way pro Russian:

"We can’t but recall a pivotal moment in the modern Ukrainian history – February 2014, when the US and the EU provoked and supported a bloody unconstitutional coup in Kiev against legitimate government that was, by the way, not even close to being “pro-Russian”. As a result radical nationalist forces came to power in Kiev. It is they who started a military conflict – essentially, civil war – in the Eastern regions of Ukraine,"

Go figure.

(Here's the full text in case you haven't read it 2022-02-02_opening-statement-his-excellency-mr-yuriy-filatov-ambassador-of-russia-to-ireland-russian-embassy-to-ireland_en.pdf (oireachtas.ie))

• Advertisement

If you read any of my posts you'd note I'm not one of the alleged 'Pro Russian' posters you're excoriating, I don't support Putin or his government, Ukraine has every right to exist as an independent state. I can understand the fear in Russia about Ukraine joining Nato but thats not going to happen any time soon. There's no doubt though that Ukraine could become a base for future Western Military intervention against Russia so from Putin and Russia's perspective I can understand the concern.

As I've stated earlier you want to take a simplistic, binary approach here, this is not about good and bad, as I've stated the Western imperialists you seem to side with are dripping in hypocrisy here, nauseating lectures on democracy and human rights when they spend so much time underming both , either directly or by proxy.

Lastly as you raised it I was on the marches against the illegal invasion of Iraq, that invasion was never in doubt, it had been 13 years in the planning, once the neo fascist, neo cons came to power they set about implementing their project and 9/11 gave them the opportunity to unleash their war machine, and they did with some relish...the legacy and reality persists today not least in the form of Gitmo - human rights my ar$e!

This 'invasion' is far from certain and in my view and I've been consistent on this, it's not going to happen and was never going to happen...time will tell who's right .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement