Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is it really like to live in Newbridge?

Options
  • 06-02-2022 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Myself and partner are looking to buy in Newbridge, specifically Morristown. What is the area like? What are the people in Newbridge like? Is there a high crime rate or anti social behavior? Any honest feedback is much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Good morning

Having lived here the past 15.5 years, I can honestly say we love it here. Almost everything one could wish for is near at hand.

Personally, we have never suffered from antisocial behaviour. I am not denying there are issues but in all honesty, what town/city is problem free?

I know my feedback k is very broad and not covering great detail, but any questions, feel free to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cebyrne1234

Thank you! Would you be familiar with Morristown estate? Do you know what the area is like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

I don’t live far from Morristown ( I’m in Roseberry Hill ). Saying that I don’t know much about Morristown. But like I said before I have never heard much about anti social behaviour in the Town.

You are within walking distance of the train station and about a Km from Tesco, Dunnes, McDonald’s if that’s your thing.

I honestly find it hard to say anything negative about our Town.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Damien360

Morristown estate is grand. There are just 2 houses (one in construction) that you don’t want to be neighbours with. I’m hearing stories of threats to their neighbours due to objections.

If you are moving with kids in tow, expect it to be difficult to get school places. The lack of places is chronic and only getting worse with more new estates coming.

Traffic can be heavy and your exit in the morning will be busy with school traffic. After that it’s no bother. There is a school to the left, and another round the corner at the lights.

The local politicians are next to useless for the area. But that’s probably the same everywhere.

Ok thanks. Do you know why the neighbours are rejecting planning permission?

• Advertisement

It has permission to demolish end of terrace and build a much larger house on grounds. But that leaves the home that was attached “unfinished”. And that’s the crux of the issue. Direct relation to guys across the junction who own the caravan sales house.

Ok and they're threatening people who reject the planning permission? Are they a rough family/crowd?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

There's one on myhome and it would not be a property I would be too keen on.

Property looks fab, but when you look at a Google satellite image, the next door "garden" is not enticing.

If that house was a few doors away, it would be at least €30k more.

I suspect the reason for selling is in a post above.

That’s actually the house in question. They are quite literally being forced away. And yes that family is huge, all over the town and rough. Google images are out of date for that site.

I was under the impression the house was being sold as the owner had past away recently, not because they were being driven away...but yes doesnt sound very attractive after all this feedback! Thanks for your help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

But the Google images will give you an idea of what the neighbours are like.

They might give a deal on tarmac or guttering!!

Advertisement