Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Will you be posting an update from the garden shed Cawlur 🤣

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I’ll come to your funeral caller.

Joe will come too, as it’s a funeral of course, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Poor Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

1916 committee facebuke glowing tributes to Joe....NOT!

Any links and pics caller for those of us who don’t do the bookface?

• Advertisement

Surely that has to be a classic oxymoron🤔

"Poor Joe" 🤔

But of course one could twist the wordle oxymoron to come up an apt description of our Host , Poxymoran , so to speak

😁

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Lol, Malachy Steenson commented (rightly) about Joe having no issue with the damage done to the Sean Russell statue 🤣

Post edited by ButtersSuki on

• Registered Users Posts: 39,527 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I must admit, I was taken aback at the decision to include names of British soldiers on the memorial. It struck me as particularly tone deaf and arrogant at the time. If no British soldiers names had been included from the start, I doubt anyone would have proposed that they be there.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Two friends of the show celebrating their birthdays tomorrow:

Mick "Arse in the Bacon Slicer" McCarthy of Saipan fame.

Gareth Brukes turns 60.

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,568 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I saw in LIDL they are selling Val An Toyne's Day roses 12 for €9.99, de Liveline will be busy with the annual moanage from the florists.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Red Fred

I wonder will this hot topic make it onto the show this week. Although given that it's outside The Pale, maybe not.

https://www.rte.ie/news/munster/2022/0206/1278169-shandon-cork/

St Anne's Church at Shandon, with its famous bells, is Cork city's most famous landmark but mystery surrounds when the historic church was built and officially opened.

Today, the Church of Ireland Bishop of Cork, the Right Reverend Dr Paul Colton, launched a public appeal to help track down and solve the 300-year-old mystery.

I’m not sure the time frame involved (at just 300 years) will satisfy Joe’s requirements for being modrin and up to date and dat.

Then again, if de phone is ringing off the hook so to speak (with 1 call) he might cover it…..

Or if some local hotel like the Kingsley maybe offer to host Joe and pals for a FunnyFryday then maybe it would be covered.

I was flicking through the stations yesterday afternoon and briefly landed on horse racing on RTÉ. The male commentator came out with

“….she’s a fine girl….or young woman…..or whatever you call them now”

Someone wants to be cancelled. 🤣

Thankfully I’d say no-one watches RTÉ so he’ll prob be alright.

Discussion about the gap in prize money in golf for male and female tournaments on Morning Ireland now……ignoring of course the astonishing gap in viewership and therefore ad revenue which funds the prize money …..🙄

I'm sure I've heard mention of Rachel Blackmore having a great Ride , Cawlur 😁

Can you say Dat 🤔

Can you sat Dat 😳

To late 😏

You said Dat 🤭

I said it and I stand by it. You’re not comparing like with like. It has nothing to do with sexism.

Yesterday on the rugby on RTÉ you had two out of 4 of the panel who were women. No disrespect, but they couldn’t possibly know what it’s like that play men’s international rugby….because they’re women.

Let’s have 2 men on a panel of 4 talk about breastfeeding or the menopause or pregnancy or something only females can do and see how that goes down.

And don’t say they’re (male and female elite sports) are the same. They are not. And that’s an opinion, that’s scientific fact,

I'm actually not comparing anything , merely stating we dare not say such things , so to speak, so on and so forth as it where, so to to speak

( it's just occurred to me, so to speak, how mind numbingly frustrating it must be to have a direct coherent conversation with Joe Duffy, it would be utterly bamboozling as it were) ...... so to speak 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• J-O-E

EIR tweets their award… last week. No judging panel. Will Eir apologise?

Will Joe apologise?

Will pigs fly?

Loads won de award, only doze who paid to win.

Decision of Glasnevin to get rid of necrology award.

Write to nooorsing homes without a stamp, send a parcel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Joe today!

EIR again! Joe understands how the commercial award ceremony circuit works! Will he change his tune if NK gets him a gig hosting a ceremony?

Joe with no sense irony is worried about the tax payer in all this!

Supposedly we will find our more later, or almost certainly we won't.

Glasnevin cemetery issue with 5050 callers. Will the issue be discussed in a fair and balanced manner? Not on your nelly.

Something about an post.

Bit of banter at the end. Joe thinks the typical 1kg bag of sugar weights about 2kg.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,128 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

On todays's episode the Oirish Liveline....

• A fresh topic. Eir won an award last week from Public Sector Magazine but apparently they didn't win it as they buyed ad ad in the mag. Will dey apologise for all of dis?
    • A recording of Alice from last week.
    • And now while he thinks of it, it's a waste of taxpayers munny!
    • Another fresh topic; the Necromanic wall is being barred. Or something. Joe chews on this bone once more.
    • Stamps? Will dey being going up for Nursing Homes? No is the answer but shure we will discuss it anyway.

All this and a bag of 2KG old munny sugar from 1:45. Should be interesting 🧐

i mentioned this last week but found some more info., I assume Joseph will be all over it given his new-found interest in rigged competitions? From the RTÉ Guide, May 2020:

Celebrity Dad of the Year 2020 competition

Win a 2 night break at Castleknock Hotel with dinner one night, spa treatment for Dad (or guest of your choice) and golf for 2 people.

To enter: send your choice of celebrity Dad of the year. Choose from the following: Ryan Tubridy, Joe Duffy, Baz Ashmawy, Martin King, Donncha O'Callaghan.

Send your entry to rteguide@rte.ieputting "Celebrity Dad of the Year 2020" in the subject box. Nominate your celebrity Dad of the year and include your contact details.

GUESS WHO REPRESENTS ALL OF THE CONTESTANTS? NK Management.

I wonder what Joe has to say about this, seeing as he’s one of the nominees?????

Sure get Noel on after 2 Joe and get to the bottom of it so to speak.

Whaaat 😳

No mention on Da cost of living crisis 🤔

No mention another filty Solicitor in court this morning on fraud charges 🤔

Alarmingly No mention of da new fetching Garda uniform 🤔

Instead more Shyte about a wall and Eir's paid for award 😳

• Advertisement

Reno 911, a “criminally” under-rated comedy so to speak.

Advertisement