Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Book Of Boba Fett - Disney+ (**Spoilers**)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,930 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

I'm glad we have you to speak for "all the fans" 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If Filoni wanted nothing to do with the sequel trilogy, maybe he shouldn't have made Star Wars Resistance, which took place during the trilogy's events and had characters from the trilogy show up.

Of course, maybe he was told to do it and he did so reluctantly in order to get his other series made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

There's no way they just panicked halfway through BOBF and started making it into the Mandalorian. It's not like they were shooting it every week! The whole series would've been completed and delivered to Disney. What we're seeing is what they originally set out to do.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Why? Showrunners watch the footage coming in and see the rough cuts, they know what’s working and what isn’t, and adapt their scripts to match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,930 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Because that's not how shows are made.

They don't shoot episode by episode and analyze each as they come in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,223 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I wouldn't say it's what was "originally" set out. I mean it got reduced from 8 to 7 episodes because of Covid restrictions, but I do agree that it wasn't a case of "Boba Fett isn't working, Quick throw on an episode of The Mandalorian!!!"

I'm not a fan of this approach if I'm honest. Generally when you borrow a character from a shared universe show (Buffy and Angel, The Doctor and Sarah Jane Smith, those Arrowverse shows etc) you tend to put them back the way you found them. Those that gave up on Boba Fett after 3 episodes are coming back to the Mandalorian with Din flying a new ship, his spear now a coat of mithril Beskar for Grogu who may or may not be back with him, he's cast out of his Guild and another Mandolorian wants to kill him to get the dark sabre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

They could have just called it the Book of Star Wars and had a different episode/chapter about a different character or group and linked the episodes/chapters together to tell this story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think it was definitely always the intention to have Mando in TBOBF. I'd say it would have been better and not as jarring if his scenes had been more spread out through earlier episodes, but I think they wanted that reveal of Fennec saying they needed muscle and then Mando's theme playing to end an episode and hint at his arrival.

I think it's just a case of balance and pacing. They might have been better incorporating some of Mando's scenes into earlier episodes and group some of the flashback/Tuskan stuff together into one episode on its own. I fundamentally disagree that they course corrected while editing episodes and just brought some of the Mando Season 3 stuff into it though. The work involved in that, not least the Luke CGI, bringing Rosario Dawson back for an episode etc, I think it's extremely unlikely.

I must be mistaken then apologies as your posting style and phrasing are reminiscent of another poster who posted in this thread and had previously posted on boards so again apologies if i am mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Useless Lump

I’m not speaking for all the fans.

I stated quite clearly “nobody who matters”

• Advertisement

I didn’t know I had a style.

You are indeed mistaken but it is odd that you take notice of something random like that.

Based on what I saw of it there was very little Filoni involvement.

many, many people believed it was indeed something he was told to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Filoni recently got promoted to executive creative director of Lucas Film, whatever that means. Does anyone know if he was promoted by Disney or Kennedy ?

I would like to point out - AGAIN - that it is something that I had been wondering about because the switch to an episode of Mando is just so strange.

I also didn’t say they changed anything during filming. I suggested the idea that someone panicked because of how the show was received and they pulled in episodes of the always popular Mando to replace the Boba story.

I didn’t claim this is true nor did I say I believed - it is just a thought that occured ti me because they did in fact drop in an episode of Mando.

Are you sure of that?

because I’m pretty sure TV Shows are shot episode by episode.

It is possible that the Luke scenes were meant for Mando season 3 and finished early to show the head honchos why the money spent was worth it.

Just saying it is possible.

to be honest, I’m just trying to wrap my head around what was going through Favereau and Filoni’s mind with giving Mando so much screen time and sidelining Fett for two whole episodes.

You suggested spreading out Mando scenes earlier in the Fett series. I disagree.

A Mando crossover should have been kept for season 2 and season 1 have Fett recruit new muscle or bounty hunters we know but haven’t had anything to do on screen so for. - like Bossk.

I say again - the Mando, Grogu Luke stuff should have been edited in a movie and dropped on the service as Christmas special in advance of Book of Fett

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I enjoyed the latest episode and it doesn't really bother me that it's another one that's Mando focused. What does bother me is how seeing Grogu again cheapens the end of season 2. It was so heartbreaking and we all assumed that was Grogu being out of Mandos life, but here he is again seeing him very shortly afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,491 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

That's why the whole mess is even more astonishing.

Or they could have just called it 'The Mandalorian" S03, with the first few episodes devoted to The Return of Boba Fett.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Homelander

It's funny that the best episode of Boba Fett was the one in which he is entirely absent. Integrating them makes sense for Disney though as Boba Fett becomes a "must see" even for those who have no interest in Boba Fett.

I like the show though don't think Temuera Morrison is great and the return of the Mandalorian just made that even more evident.

And good lord what were they thinking with the hipsters on their mopeds.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Honestly, I think the last bit is just the latest in a long line of the middle-aged (and older) trying to figure out and write "cool kids" despite a spectacular deafness for what kids want, appreciate or respect. I think once you're more than 2 generations removed from a demographic, you should stay away from trying to write for them. The body mod thing was an interesting and unique idea to Star Wars - with lots of social and cultural pathways - but píssed it up against the wall of having some Cool Kids woth distinct Poochie energy.

I honestly have no idea who those hover vespa riding "Mods" were supposed to be appealing to. Most younger folk would be meh about it and the older folk who got the (incredibly piss poor joke) would have just rolled their eyes.

Abolutely astonishing that something that cack handed could have made it past the ideas stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,223 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I heard it was supposed to be a nod towards an earlier George Lucas project.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I think the concept of the biker gang was fine and the type of thing Lucas would have done as well, but the execution was terrible. I'm somewhat inclined to blame Rodriguez who I think was injecting some Spy Kids into the mix and shouldn't have been trusted with this series.

I would expect those bikes to be in the next round of toys released.

Judging from the majority response to them, they'll end up remaining on the shelf I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Do people really want them to elaborate on those though? Sequel trilogy is annoying not just to the fans - but they wrote them into the hell hole that I dont see how any competent writer wants to go near that pile of sh!te. Well the actual problem is that the Kathleen Kennedy KK gang doesn't see/admit that the sequel trilogy is f*cked so now who ever works on post-sequel will need to work on that - they will need to reference to the sh!te or ignoring the sh!te...either way is not good.

Gone through some comments in the last few pages lol - i stopped after epi2 so indeed epi5/6 exploded - when I think that i need to get through epi3/4 (high potential they will hurt me brain) to get to the 'good stuff' - the thought is taunting lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,006 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I honestly don't get the hate for how this has run. I've enjoyed the slower pace of Boba and as much as I loved the Mandalorian, found it odd that he was so prominent in some of the episodes with Fett completely out of the picture.

Post edited by Kintarō Hattori on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

I have been informed from a source within the Star Wars production team that’s a fully restored Bobba Fett will personally rack up a body count of over 10,000 in the upcoming episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Advertisement