Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extra chlorine in the water this weekend?

• 07-02-2022 11:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭

Has anyone noticed heavier than usual amounts of chlorine in the domestic water over the weekend?

I'm in the Caherdavin area and I noticed the taste of chlorine in the water was stronger than usual on Sunday and again this morning. Even a cup of tea tasted like swimming pool water.

I had to go out and buy bottled water this morning. Even after letting a few jugs of water stand overnight, the smell and taste was still to strong for drinking.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Brian Lighthouse

Prompted by your comment I poured myself a glass of Limerick's finest eau de tap just now (1431hrs, there were no replies to the OP) and it was at the usual excellent quality.

So to report back to you, no issues here in Thomondgate city.

Anything from your neighbours?

From Irish Water - should you wish to proceed further and complain.

https://www.water.ie/help/water-quality/results/

"If the taste or smell becomes significantly more noticeable than what you are used to, please contact us on 1800 278 278 and we will ensure it is promptly investigated."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭Comhrá

I tasted it again just now and I can still taste and smell the chlorine. I'll wait till tomorrow and if it hasn't improved, I'll give them a call. By the way the water is as clear as a bell so no complaints in that respect.

Advertisement