Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rowdy Ronda Rousey Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,558 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

With one tweet Ronda has more people talking about her than every other entertainer within the WWE.

Ronda just gets pro wrestling better than the majority entertainers within the WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

With one tweet Ronda has more people talking about her than every other entertainer within the WWE.

Ronda just gets pro wrestling better than the majority entertainers within the WWE.

Getting heat by saying wrestling is fake seems like the lowest hanging fruit to me. Don't know why people are treating it like a master stroke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭mcdaids69

she has too many people that are convinced shes a wwe nut 24/7 and will play the heel games they want.shes not shes a UFC star who punchs for real in her spare time!:eek: probaly heat cos of shayna and becky feud,and we saw how lana got treated...some of wwe fans expect heel 24/7..ronda wont lose her name in ufc over some wwe fans.

edit: im thinking if fourhorse women go ahead they will want ronda as face not heel,shes doing the wwe a favour by looks of it as well

J. Marston wrote: »
    Getting heat by saying wrestling is fake seems like the lowest hanging fruit to me. Don't know why people are treating it like a master stroke.
    It doesn't mean that she intentionally went out to draw heat with the wrestling is fake talk. She could have, and I assume was, just giving her honest opinion. Lesnar has said the same in the past.

Wrestling fans seem to have this odd notion that they've somehow rattled her.

Vinny Mc has been doing that from the day he said it was predetermined on RAW and called it Entertainment.

The Ronda that left after a year in the WWE was better than 90% of wrestlers on that roster as an all rounder.

• Advertisement

Vinny Mc has been doing that from the day he said it was predetermined on RAW and called it Entertainment.

The Ronda that left after a year in the WWE was better than 90% of wrestlers on that roster as an all rounder.

There's a difference between Vince dancing around it and calling it entertainment and Ronda saying "Lol it's fake, marks".

I wouldn't say she was an all rounder either. In the ring she outshone almost everyone because she was so fast and powerful but she was rattled every time she had to do a promo in front of a crowd.

i remember talks about heyman becoming her manager over her stage/promos..if he did what would raw be?his changes even tho show are working.ronda is making more now cos she stuck to her guns and probaly said she didnt need help from heyman,as said earlier her youtube vids are making huge numbers,dana always said she knew her stuff wen it came to background stuff.and as from earlier about her having kids,she has two step kids already,she is starting her family.shes open to more kids is what was more less said.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,874 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I don't know the answer to this but maybe someone else does. Was there any talk of her coming back to WWE in the short to medium term ? Okay she's said it's a work but it's a bad work IMO as if she isn't coming back soon or full time as she said then what was the point of it ? I mean brock lesnar(who's taken a similar path to ronda) has it down to an art. He isn't full time and isn't on twitter at all and doesn't talk much and yet any time he's appeared on WWE TV I’ve wanted to watch him.

Her basically quoting hogans tweet about working the marks which wouldn’t be who I’d quote to clarify a point.

Also, I know we can’t know this given he’s dead but I wonder how rowdy piper who she got his blessing to use his gimmick and jacket would feel about ronda calling something he was very good at fake ?

There's a difference between Vince dancing around it and calling it entertainment and Ronda saying "Lol it's fake, marks".

I wouldn't say she was an all rounder either. In the ring she outshone almost everyone because she was so fast and powerful but she was rattled every time she had to do a promo in front of a crowd.

The Queen the golden girl the second generation superstar gets rattled in the ring and hurts people when the set routines she knows get knocked off course that is a lot more dangerous than Ronda freezing with a live promo.

Ronda is a hell of a lot more entertaining than 99% of that roster and even her tweets winding up fans are brilliant Ronda is money and she knows it now people will pay to see her lose on her big comeback.

I should add I don't like Ronda the person however Ronda the pro wrestler is awesome.

She's off James E. Cornette's Christmas list haha.

• Advertisement

Oh **** it's Mondays so there's a new drive thru out today. I completely forgot. So corny didn't see the funny side then ? I'll have to go listen now.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Oh **** it's Mondays so there's a new drive thru out today. I completely forgot. So corny didn't see the funny side then ? I'll have to go listen now.

His "arsehole bleeds for her" haha.

its clearly a work for shana after raw tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Well Jimmy summed it up, it's the wrong and unwanted type of heat but one or two in here will tell you there's no such thing as bad or go away heat these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/04/ronda-rousey-on-who-she-wants-to-face-in-wwe-possible-wwe-return/

One person that I’m capable of doing the most with is Nia [Jax] because she’s really really strong. I don’t have to worry about hurting her. I feel like I’ve had some great matches with her. My first singles was with her. We’ve also gone through that storyline already. We’ve done all that we could. I really like having someone really strong that I can work with that I can use as a base but can also base of me. I would really love to work with Rhea Ripley.

“Whenever I work with somebody, I think, what is it that I could do only with them and they can do only with me. I think of one thing that we can do that is entirely unique in our match that only we can do, which there’s a lot of things I can think of for me and Rhea. Bianca [Belair] too, honestly. They’re both really really strong chicks that I feel like I can lift as well. I think I have the most options with them, and I’m just so glad that there’s some new faces and blood coming into the division as well.”

• Registered Users Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

It's great that Bianca and Rhea are on top now but I look at all the potential challengers and I can't help but be indifferent. Ronda hounding for a feud with Nia Jax sums up the problem in the division; so many stars lost in the shuffle while the most bland of people are positioned front and centre.

Ronda never mentions Becky who she should have a one on one match with so perhaps jealous of how over Becky was

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Vince will ban his talent from getting pregnant. It's bad for business.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Pentecost wrote: »
    Vince will ban his talent from getting pregnant. It's bad for business.

If anything I wouldn't be shocked if this speeds up her return as weird as that might sound. IIrc her reason for leaving was an "Impregnation vacation", so maybe the sooner she had a baby, the sooner she might return. However her then being a mom and all the stories since she left to me would suggest that she may return as a part time worker ala Brock and how people originally thought she would be. TBH I was quite surprised when she was doing the 100% full time, house show included schedule first time round and fair play to her for doing so. Might make her feel like she has earned her stripes now though, plus there aren't house shows anymore anyway.

"She was very very bitter coming back, and I think that was not a good attitude to have, especially considering shes being portrayed as a babyface”

- Dave Meltzer on Ronda Rousey

(via WOR)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I think Big Dave meltzy is bitter she didn't sign for AEW.

He's such a bullshítter.

"She was very bitter coming back." She had a baby less than 6 months ago and is rich. You think she'd do wrestling if she didn't enjoy it? We're supposed to believe she's like "Ugh, fine..."

Meltzer throws out what the plebs who believe him want to hear.

Talk on line of Paige coming back as her manager mouthpiece

WWE is no longer advertising Ronda Rousey for the RAW 30th Anniversary (PWInsider)

Apparently on line talk she is leaving after Summerslam, her 2nd run has been very meh, no Becky match but hopefully she puts Shayna over on her way out, the biggest memory for this run was pinned 3 times by Liv I guess

I won’t miss her if she’s done after summerslam. As you say her second run was rubbish.

Ronda Rousey has officially announced her retirement from WWE and MMA

• Advertisement

Advertisement