Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Google Pixel 6/Pixel 6 Pro

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,675 ✭✭✭wassie

Android Central published an article last week about how Samsung are really the only manufacturer to have managed Android 12 update well.

Google are clearly not alone in this regard (but the network connectivity issue was a major fail).

A lot of posters posters here raving about how stable their previous OnePlus was, however it appears they were not immune either as there has been serious issues with their flagship after having to suspend their Android 12 rollout in Dec for the OnePlus 9 & 9 Pro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,676 ✭✭✭mondeo

You would think Google the inventers of Android could create a flawless experience.. seems not.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭d0157063

Very helpful response received today

=====================================

Good Morning,

Thank you for your email.

Due to the high volume of interest in this promotion we are currently experiencing slight delays in the processing of these rewards.

However, our fulfillment team is working hard to ensure that all outstanding rewards are dispatched as soon as possible.

Once dispatched, the courier should contact you directly to provide the tracking information so please keep an eye on your emails and spam folders.

We are unfortunately unable to give you an estimated date of delivery or offer any compensation for the delay.

Regarding the network signal issues, we would kindly ask that you contact Google Support directly about this.

https://support.google.com/pixelphone/?hl=en-GB#topic=7078250

We sincerely apologise for this delay and thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,

Cathrine @ Google Promotional Support Team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭TheRona

I've never owned a phone that doesn't have bugs. The only 'bug' I can think of that I've experienced with my Pixel 6 is that it sometimes asks for my fingerprint even though I have smart lock on, but that has been the case for every Android I've owned.

I'm actually surprised by the number of bugs people are reporting on here. I'd be interested to know if they still had a lot of them after doing a complete clean install and ran their phone for a day or two without installing any apps. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of bugs are related to restoring apps when setting up the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭newaccount2017

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

Hi all,

I want and use screen rotation but when I'm on the home screen/main launcher, not the app drawer, I don't want it to rotate. I'm almost sure I selected this somewhere months ago to turn it on but I'd like to have it off now. Please tell me this is possible?

Many thanks,

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭Liamalone

As fed up as I am reading about 'when am i getting ma headphones', I do feel for ye.

Jeez, they are some headphones though lol.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Anyone had any issues with Google Assistant routines on alarms?

Mine was working until this week, now the routines simply don't fire when you dismiss the alarm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,523 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Press and hold on home screen, tap home screen settings and there's an option in there for allowing home screen rotation.

The website only opened for applications on November 1st. Duh indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

You are a star......so annoying trying to figure out where to go to turn that off! And of course Google was useless!

M ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭pandabat

Always bear in mind that if you go to the Settings screen, there is a search function there. In this case, typing "rotat" would give you all rotate/rotation settings without having to go manually searching through the settings hierarchy

Post edited by pandabat on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,819 ✭✭✭lertsnim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

Im still waiting for my Bose phones, I emailed Google about it last week and I heard back from them today:

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your email.

We have noticed that your claim has been and still is in fulfilment, however your reward is processing therefore it should be with you soon.

Sadly, we can not give specific shipping and delivery dates until the reward is with the courier.

Please keep checking your emails for any further updates on this.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,

Olivia @ Google Promotional Support Team

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭DoctorStrange

Waiting nearly 90 days on my headphones.

Got on to Google customer support. They were apologising but sending me on to the promotional company. I complained a bit.

Didn't get on to the promotional company yet. I'll probably just wait until they arrive.

Just got a voucher from the Google Store today 🤔

Anyone else get a voucher / store credit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭MickH503

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,175 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Just got a €75 voucher but it has to be used by the end of April, before the rumoured launch of the Pixel watch in May. Still no sign of the headphones, my claim status still says approved and you should get them within 60 days (lol) but the last updated date is today.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

I just received a €75 Google store voucher also. My wait time for the headphones will be 90 days this Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭kilsmum

So did l. Still waiting on the headphones though 😕

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭dec2000

Same here, got store credit today. Does this mean we're getting the 35s?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Got the voucher there as well. Will probably order the stand. I wonder if this means we're getting the QC45 headphones now? Hopefully this won't reset the 60 days to today

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭grennscreener

I just got the €75 voucher as well, whats that mean? we're getting cheaper headphones or is it a fast one where we use the voucher and that's all we get?

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

I have a feeling anyone that received the voucher will be getting the QC45 headphones instead of the 700's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭cython

Likewise got an email with a €75 voucher, will likely use it for the pixel stand like many others here. I had sent an email querying the delay and got the same cookie cutter response about it being processed, etc.

Will wait and see what headphones turn up/get dispatched, but I don't see myself wasting any time on using the voucher lest they change their mind, or the stand sell out, given the short life of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Craazysteve

Jumping into this thread as I'm in the same boat, 90 days since claim was approved. I contacted the promo company through the form a number of times and never got a reply, I rang once a couple of weeks back and they basically could tell me no more and to keep waiting. I also just got the €75 store credit voucher today, so I'm guessing it'll be QC45's whenever they eventually (hopefully) arrive. No email explaining anything like that of course.

By the way, I've had no major issues with my Pixel6, from skimming the thread just now I see lots of complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭SW98

I also got the €75 voucher today with no explanation as to why. I did eventually get a reply from Pixel-Offers last week, saying that the are still processing the Bose Headphones claims due to a large volume of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

I also got an email today with a 75 Google Store promotional code

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭grennscreener

Same here - I did have the issue with the mobile signal after the dec update, but aside from that (and even then it didn't bother me) the thing has been solid, takes amazing pictures, never runs out of battery and feels as solid as a soviet car battery.

I'd actually rather the QC45s as well, the 700s look like they'd be pretty fragile. They seem to be roughly the same price, so with the 75 voucher thrown in, I'm happy with that deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭mossie

Still waiting for anything re headphones or credit here

• Advertisement

Struggling to find anything on the Google store worth buying. I've no interest in an upright wireless charger for €79. The Pixel buds for €99 are probably the best option but I've a pair of Sennheiser buds that aren't even a year old so really don't need new ones. I might be interested in the Pixel watch or even buying the 6a for someone else but the credit expires by the end of April so it's no good there.

Post edited by Royale with Cheese on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Got the €75 credit too. Pretty annoyed with Google about this. Shocking overall. There's nothing I want in the Google store TBH and I really hope they're not trying to get out of shipping a good pair of headphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭d0157063

Same here, got €75 credit today afternoon. The Track my claim date is reset to todays, so not sure more 60 days for QC45 or further surprises :)

I was also thinking of Pixel stand, but not sure.....how about video doorbell ? anyone has/had them can share exp please

thanks

I wouldn't read too much into the last updated date being updated. I'd say they just updated some fields in their database that aren't shown on the site (voucher applied or something like that) and the last updated column auto updated. This promotion has been amateur hour so I can't imagine their software will be any different.

I've the battery doorbell. Happy with it. Charge it up around once a month.

I got the buds. Thinks its very fair from Google.

I hope they are fair. People who were approved for the promotion weeks after me have been given a voucher, whereas I (and I'm sure others who are waiting even longer) haven't seen anything.

• Advertisement

I'm close to 90 days at this stage, no sign of anything voucher or otherwise. I've emailed a few times but only getting generic "we're busy" type replies. Order is showing as updated today but no reason as to why.

Is the credit added automatically or do you have to activate via a code?

You might be looking good for a voucher then. I'm at 95 days. Approved Nov 4th, last update on my claim Nov 18th.

Hopefully. Order updated today but no email or credit yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Pinapples

Got the voucher today too. No word from Google about what it's for. Switch to QC45 or an apology for being late?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Chibs

February update is out. Installing now. 27.22mb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭Screaming Monkey

Great phone pixel 6, but this headphone business is a disaster, also got the voucher today, just a random no-context email with 75euro voucher, presume still getting the headphones, no idea, but looking at claim site, still approved and was updated today,

Sent a code, apply at checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 seant5215

Hi All,

Does anybody have experience of using the Pixel stand with a phone cover installed?

I'm also tempted to order a stand for the voucher but wondering if it'll charge while my OtterBox SYMMETRY cover is installed on the phone? It wouldn't be worth the trouble if necessary to remove the cover.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,675 ✭✭✭wassie

Yes and works without a bother. Provided its made of non-metallic materials, I dont see there being any issue.

Charger works great and is fast - I have the pixel buds and it charges the case for them also.

All 3 products play really well with each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,841 ✭✭✭micks_address

Just applied the Feb update. Interesting to see if android auto has stability. I sent them about 20 bug reports last week for random disconnects

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Blut2

What happened to "gotta love compo culture in Ireland"? You wouldn't be hoping for a voucher now yourself would you? 🤔

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,841 ✭✭✭micks_address

High hopes dashed..drove to airport 4 disconnects in first ten minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

The doorbell has been reduced to 115 in the past. Think it was on sale at that price in Harvey Norman at Christmas

I would take one if offered. I'm not asking for one. Big difference 😘

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭tipperary

Returned the phone about two weeks ago. No update on headphones since early November but got the €75 voucher yesterday.

Was going to get the Nest Hub as it was reduced to €66.99, but the sale price doesn't apply if you use the voucher.

• Advertisement
Advertisement