Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir - Unwarranted Direct Debits

Options
  • 31-01-2022 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

Just checking to see if anyone else has encountered this before.

I used to be with Eir (for broadband) but left them in 2018 and terminated my account.

Last week I was randomly checking my balance online with AIB and noticed 2 "D/D Eir" debits on my account, amounting to over €200! When I rang AIB they told me it was definitely coming from Eir and I was advised to call Eir. When I rang Eir, they seemed to be very surprised and convinced that they wouldn't be suddenly debiting my account and that their system indicated no recent transactions on my old account.

I've raised this with the Payments team in Eir, and still waiting for a response, but am shocked that anything like this could happen. But I have heard a few negative reports about Eir continuing to take payments from people leaving the company.

Comments

Advertisement