Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

That was absolutely mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I've felt that about our Host for quite some time 😏

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

J: People want talk bout the wall.. its gone de necrology wall in Glasnevin cemetery to list ahh to it began obviously 1916 and every every one killed in 1916 the majority as you know were civilaions civil war more again (basic guff talk) what they a;; had in common they were dead. Chris what is your point?

C: dia guite corra glair shear con to everyone listeningagus me fein to fein no ah I had a maternal grandfather that was killed in the first world warnov 1917 and I had a paternal grandfather who fought in war of indepence

J: yeah ok ( bored waiting for jag now)

C: I think you have to differnciate between the people that joined the British army the 225,000 redmondites who joined the british army in 2004….. oh sorry 1914 to defend small countries that’s what they were told Belgium had been overran

J: By Germany yeah

C: prusssians the precosar to the 40s and all that second version of the Prussians so you have to differiante between the two

J: (getting narky) so so stuck for that one of your grandfathers well but first world war not on thr wall anyways (sigh) but if now if your grandfather had died in 1916 wearing a uk army outfit he died in France wearing de uniform he shouldny be on the wall but the other grandfqather should

C: well ahh I listened to the two donavans or Donahue from cork made a good point ah…. Father iggy shot my fox.. that is like a lot of fellas

J: takes joe about ten seconds to process it Hang on hang on fr iggy did what??

C: he shot my fox

J: wat does dat mean?

C: a lot of fellas like tom barry came back to cork

J: father iggy shot my fox x2

C: that’s a joke yeah if you don’t wait for someone to make their point before you make your point areu not aware of that cliché

J: yeah ok… (this guff I want my jag)

C: im sorry could youlet me speak its suppoased to be a balanced public sector broadcast… anyway they went over in 1915 trained came back to irish war of independence flying colum days barry have you read it?

J: (cross) course I read it

J: vuts audio a min past three joe mangles end mixes up a few bits 

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭notwhoyouthink

OMG Joe is trending on the Twitter

Amazing. Just amazing.

I'm going to put it out there - Nobel Peace Price!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,527 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Because history is continually being re-written / revised / blanked by the powerful classes over there, and a huge proportion of the populace dumbly accept it - many of them even identifying with their overlords. It's fecking tragic. Always has been and always will be.

Sheeit., just look at the fustercluck of BeWrecks It.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

I've heard it a few times as "X-person shot the fox".

Embarrassing nonsense, note Joe's only focus (no pun intended) is making sure the photographer gets a good shot of him and ridiculous framed crap.

Ludicrous, Buffoon 🙄

On a more urgent matter. I need to list to today's full show, but the one marked for Monday is actually last Tuesday's????

Where can I get the full show today?

If not can somebody please tel me which clip first which second etc.

It is imperative I listen today.

I suspect Joe will mysteriously vanish for a few weeks over summer, as it's about time he went under the surgeon's knife again.

40 pounds of useless blubber lighter, he will re-appear.

• Advertisement

Joe, stop embarrassing yourself ,

surely you can get onto your producer or perhaps check the replay on

www.absoluteshyte.com/buffoon 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

They put a double episode up today so you can marvel at Joe's broadcasting abilities

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

To see him posing in the background for the photographer - he’s so brazenly shameless; carrying a copy of his death buke with him for many of the photos too.

His logic is so child-like and infantile, and that he fails to see let alone understand whoy people would object to it is testament to his complete and utter stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,013 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Excuse yourself cawlur ......Joe has de exact same edumacation as MO'L

And it would seem, similar Brass Necks Cawlur, albeit MOL far more entertaining, so to speak 😊

Classic Duffy-logic:

Duffy said to O’Leary that day that ”I have de same education as you”, as they both went to Trinity.

By that logic, someone who did Arts has “the same education” as someone who did Medicine; or someone who does Religion or say a Diploma in Acting and Theatre has the same education as someone with a PhD in Astrophysics.

Duffy’s degree is in Social Care/Social Work. I’m open to correction on this but I don’t think that course even exists anymore. Even if it does, the curriculum will have changed so much as to be utterly unrecognizable from the course Duffy did. I’d also wager that unlike Joseph Mr. O’Leary engaged in some form of continuous education or further study/training after he graduated with his degree.

To say they have the same education is laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Never sleep it out with the Malachy Steenson Alarm Clock.

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

I cud be wrong I cud be , but I believe MOL went from Trinity to run a newsagents Cawlur, then became PA to da late Tony Ryan (Same Job Dennis O Brien held also) , but one does agree that in every sense of the Wordle, MOL far more educated both academickably but in life generally, so on so forth, so to speak 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Fadder Iggy is delighted that the St Patricks Day Parade is making a comeback.

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

I have a feeling Joe got a bit of a reality check last friday and over the weekend, from what I've seen on any online post on various platforms there has been minimal support from ordinary punters for this wall of death that was foisted on the public with very little debate as to its merits, it was obvious to anyone with a brain outside the echo chamber some of these guys inhabit that it was going to be subjected to vandalism, but I guarantee it wont be the likes of Duffy who will be picking up the tab for such naive nonsense when the bill arrives.. The wall of death should have been an idea that remained an idea inside someones naive head and never seen the light of day

I believe that most Irish people would have an issue with the names of Black & Tans and British soldiers being on this wall alongside their victims. It’s bizarre that Duffy cannot join the dots here, he wrote a death buke talking about the forgotten chislers of de rising, talks frequently about the forgotten wimin; yet wants to indirectly celebrate their killers/murderers by placing their names alongside those of the victims? The thinking is truly bizarre. It’s like he’s trying to be so woke and right-on that he’s forgotten the core issue here…..that innocent irish men, women, and children were murdered by a foreign army and a terrorist organization - yet wants them all to be remembered equally.

”Bonkers” as Tubs would say.

• He wants to be Inclusive President of a United Oireland

• Registered Users Posts: 13,128 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

On Liveline today, a fresh list of calls....

• More on Eir and Public Sector magazine and awards and all that. 
    • Even RTÉ news got an ad on, but they deserved it so that's no Cod.....
    • Fuel prices are up everywhere except France, because dey is nuclear.
    • The Corrib Gas field, whatever happened to it? Joe tries get a statement from the presenter of Reeling In The Year
    • Nobody seems to get it. Whatever it is.

Be here for 1:45; bring a gas mask and not just for Joe.....

“I’d be humbled and honoured and dat to serve as yisser alls President and dat as I’ve always believed in public service so to speak. Sadly I cannot accept de job at dis time as de hours and lack of holidays don’t suit me, and I couldn’t afford such a gargantuan pay cut so to speak. Now if yisser all want to revisit de remuneration package so to speak and pony up for my many talents and skills sez I, Id happily reconsider so to speak.”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Did anyone see the short video of Joe at the wall arguing with yer man, Joe backing away saying don't you shout at me .... Yer man wasn't shouting 🤔🤔😊

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

• Look at him drawing attention to his buke his buke his buke his buke his buke

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭KevRossi

You mean this? He can't debate a basic point when put toe to toe with someone. Can't shout over a microphone to them.

I said it before; he's never on any panel at any conference of any merit, he simply doesn't have the intellectual ability to debate something serious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

The last 3 mins yesterday was beautiful - Joe already had steam coming out of his ears from the previous callers, wants an easy way to ride out to 3pm, instead gets an old waffler, Joe gets tetchy when the waffler starts droning on, waffler gets tetchy for not being allowed hog the airwaves even though it's passed 3pm....line cut without the point of the conversation ever being made!

Advertisement