Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 6/Pixel 6 Pro

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Got the €75 credit too. Pretty annoyed with Google about this. Shocking overall. There's nothing I want in the Google store TBH and I really hope they're not trying to get out of shipping a good pair of headphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭d0157063

Same here, got €75 credit today afternoon. The Track my claim date is reset to todays, so not sure more 60 days for QC45 or further surprises :)

I was also thinking of Pixel stand, but not sure.....how about video doorbell ? anyone has/had them can share exp please

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I wouldn't read too much into the last updated date being updated. I'd say they just updated some fields in their database that aren't shown on the site (voucher applied or something like that) and the last updated column auto updated. This promotion has been amateur hour so I can't imagine their software will be any different.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭DoctorStrange

I've the battery doorbell. Happy with it. Charge it up around once a month.

I got the buds. Thinks its very fair from Google.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭TheRona

I hope they are fair. People who were approved for the promotion weeks after me have been given a voucher, whereas I (and I'm sure others who are waiting even longer) haven't seen anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭mossie

I'm close to 90 days at this stage, no sign of anything voucher or otherwise. I've emailed a few times but only getting generic "we're busy" type replies. Order is showing as updated today but no reason as to why.

Is the credit added automatically or do you have to activate via a code?

You might be looking good for a voucher then. I'm at 95 days. Approved Nov 4th, last update on my claim Nov 18th.

Hopefully. Order updated today but no email or credit yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Pinapples

Got the voucher today too. No word from Google about what it's for. Switch to QC45 or an apology for being late?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Chibs

February update is out. Installing now. 27.22mb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭Screaming Monkey

Great phone pixel 6, but this headphone business is a disaster, also got the voucher today, just a random no-context email with 75euro voucher, presume still getting the headphones, no idea, but looking at claim site, still approved and was updated today,

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭DoctorStrange

Sent a code, apply at checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 seant5215

Hi All,

Does anybody have experience of using the Pixel stand with a phone cover installed?

I'm also tempted to order a stand for the voucher but wondering if it'll charge while my OtterBox SYMMETRY cover is installed on the phone? It wouldn't be worth the trouble if necessary to remove the cover.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭wassie

Yes and works without a bother. Provided its made of non-metallic materials, I dont see there being any issue.

Charger works great and is fast - I have the pixel buds and it charges the case for them also.

All 3 products play really well with each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,796 ✭✭✭micks_address

Just applied the Feb update. Interesting to see if android auto has stability. I sent them about 20 bug reports last week for random disconnects

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭Blut2

What happened to "gotta love compo culture in Ireland"? You wouldn't be hoping for a voucher now yourself would you? 🤔

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,796 ✭✭✭micks_address

High hopes dashed..drove to airport 4 disconnects in first ten minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

The doorbell has been reduced to 115 in the past. Think it was on sale at that price in Harvey Norman at Christmas

I would take one if offered. I'm not asking for one. Big difference 😘

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭tipperary

Returned the phone about two weeks ago. No update on headphones since early November but got the €75 voucher yesterday.

Was going to get the Nest Hub as it was reduced to €66.99, but the sale price doesn't apply if you use the voucher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

Another person who is now seeing a €75 voucher from Google in my mailbox! I’m well over the 90 days!

I already have the Pixel Stand 2 and happy with it. I had a pair of Bose 700 before I even ordered the Pixel 6 Pro so secretly hoping for the QC’45s then sell my 700’s! They are a great pair of headphones but not good for the gym…when I am doing certain exercises or floor work they keep slipping off my head…..maybe it’s my head!! ;-) Audio quality and noise cancellation are both fantastic!

I might buy another Pixel Stand 2 and sell it marked down a bit. Or could I return the one I already have!?

Cheers,

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭RonnieL

FFS. I was thinking I'd hold off on buying anything, and see if the doorbell gets reduced, but if the voucher won't work then that's pointless. Thanks for letting us know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

How much is the Nest Hub normally?

Thanks

I'm wondering now if I got the email in my spam and cleared it without seeing the voucher.

Has anyone with the voucher been notified that they're getting the alternative headphones yet? Apparently that's what's happening.

My order got messed up by the fact that I moved house about 70 days after being approved, and it took them over 2 weeks to actually get the necessary stuff done to change the shipping address.

Got the voucher - but no other communication at all since offer gone out. Patiently waiting since November 4th/5th - whatever day was day1 of the offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Another email. If you got the €75 voucher you'll be getting a pair of white QC45s, still no idea when. Would prefer the 45s over the 700s but not keen on white.

Actually I just checked Amazon and the only two colours available there are black and white smoke which actually looks more like silver, I'm fine with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

I just got this email from Google:

Hi,

Thanks for taking part in the Google Pixel 6 promotion.

We have some news...

Due to unprecedented demand and global supply challenges, the Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 are currently unavailable.

However, your reward will be replaced with an incredible limited-edition bundle containing a pair of white Bose QuietComfort 45 Wireless Headphones (worth €349.95) and a €75 Google Store voucher - totalling a gift value of €424.95!

We're sorry for any inconvenience caused, but we're certain you'll love your new reward.

Our team are working as fast as they can to send your Google gifts to you. As soon as your headphones are ready to dispatch, we'll let you know by email. Your Google Store voucher will be emailed to you directly.

In the meantime, we hope you're loving your new Pixel 6. Did you know you can prepare for future emergencies or important events by turning on the extreme battery saver feature in your Settings app? Discover more Pixel tips over on or our blog.

Thanks for your patience.

Google Promotional Support 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭wassie

Did the update last night and no issues. Good to see updates rolling out on time and hopefully a sign of things to come.

Tested out the live translation with a Brazilian colleague also - he said that Portuguese translation was fairly accurate for the most part. A couple of errors on his side, but he said the messaging of the conversation was maintained which is probably the most important thing. We were both speaking in an ever so slightly slower than normally conversational pace.

Looking forward to being able to use this when traveling this summer.

Advertisement