Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭MFPM

No they don't. They will base their questions on what you've submitted. However the interview is competency based, they will want quite specific examples of how you have demonstrated the competencies in your work life, you can use any example you want irrespective of it being part of something you mentioned on the form. Use 'I' alot, get to the point quickly, if they interrupt you and move on then you're likely doing well, if they keep asking for more information on each example then it's likely you're not giving them what they want. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 LISAMC38

Post edited by LISAMC38 on

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭EO2019

• Registered Users Posts: 8 BallyA

Does the interdepartmental batch refer to just the department you’re currently in at the moment or all civil service batches across the board?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 odracir

Thank you for the tips!

I have an interview for Dublin at the end of the month.

Any other interview tips are welcomed!! 😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭blondie007

Interdepartmental means you can be offered any dept in the Civil Service, but you can ask to be kept in your current dept if they have any vacancies. It's usually your AP who would request that from PAS so if you're eager to stay on where you are then say it to your EO/HEO. It's not guaranteed but always worth a shot.

The competitions run by each dept are called Internal Competitions & are advertised inhouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 BallyA

Thanks a lot for your response, very helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Jassgal

Just got an email this morning inviting me to to stage 2 etray, can anyone tell me how long you were waiting for an interview after completing the etray?

I'm conscious that the panel is likely to end in the summer and wondering if I have any chance at all of been called for an interview this late into the competition

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭CiboC

I got my e-tray invite on 2nd December, got results on 1st February and invite to interview on 4th February.

Invite to interview I assume was based on what your revised OOM is, and AFAIK the results were delayed due to Christmas...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Cormy12

Hi Ciboc could i ask what OOM you were around? Just wondering how long it'll be before they call another batch

• Advertisement

I am OOM 48 for Dublin, didn't get any update for 2nd choice location (Wicklow).

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Catalan69

Got etray invite for wexford this morning, doesn't say if its inter or open

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zambrotta11

Got called for the e tray but I am currently on a career break for another few years. Can you get a promotion to eo, finish your career break, then come back as an eo?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

I've never seen it happen. When you have an appointment, it's to fill a vacancy

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bilbobilbo

Does anyone know when the next Open Competition launch for Executive Officer is expected?

Also, is there any possibility to get part-time work via the Open Competition route? Is this something you can request?

Thank you 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭skidmarkoner

Hi can I ask what you OOM was for Wexford?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 SkyBlue21

Any idea where they're at in Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

Hi Folks – I have been invited to do my eTray The testing window is from Wednesday 16th, until midnight on Wednesday 23rd February 2022. It is a good long period.

For those who done their eTray –

·      Are you monitored/video?

·      How long did it take you to do the eTray?

·      Any hints or tips you can pass on?

Thank you 

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

Hey Castle_lover

Can you please repost/share the practice link for the etray?

Thank you.

Tiggs

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Catalan69

Low 180s open and low 80s open

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Linking123!

Just wondering, are the internal competitions same as external ones questionnaire/ etray/interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭cvb03

Internal seems to be application form and interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭laoisgem

Yeah no e-tray, just competency based plus PMDS approved

I don't think you are monitored.

The test is about how you allocate your time and prioritise tasks, so you will use the full time allowed - events happen during the test that you have to react to.

Make sure you do the practise session so you are familiar with the layout of the screen and how to use the various functions. Read through the background material carefully - In my case the background material was very close to that of the real test (although I don't know if this is the case all the time).

Far less happens in the practise session than in the real one, so don't be lulled into complacency by that!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lunaLG

In terms of the e-tray.... In the practice exercise, one of the things required was to send an email to an unhappy client. It says you can use bullet points. Do you know how detailed or how long this email would need to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Moomooland

Thanks for this I am considering going for The next EO competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Moomooland

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dubjane

Just got an interview date for the 28th! Trying to get into my application on PJ'S and can't access it, is anyone else having problems accessing theirs?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Linking123!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭furrybones

Performance Management and Development System. It's the civil service performance record. You set goals at the start of each year, review them mid-year, and complete it at year end. Manager signs off on each stage and then gives a review comment in the year-end one.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

Advertisement