Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Fights **Mod note: Keep discussion to fight night threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Saunders all the way!

I'd even be cheering Eubank on though 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 56,239 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Saunders on form should win a decision, unless he quits again!

Eubank just doesn't seem to have enough going on.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,851 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Sorry I must have misinterpreted you I thought you were suggesting that Eubank would win that. Two wa*kers. Never thought I’d say this but I’d be more bothered about Brook and Kahn!

I have an awful feeling that I’ll be coughing up for the two conmen February 19😖

You’re reading my mind! There’d wanna be F all else on the agenda… Think Armagh play Monaghan so that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

Come on now, we know we will try and stay away but most people here will watch Khan v Brook, myself included.

Pure suckers 😁

You took Armagh getting robbed against Tyrone even worse than I did buddy!

I do like that HW fight. I think Yoka needs to very convincingly win that if he’s to be taken seriously. I’d say he will win it but not sure I take him seriously 🤩

02 yea. What a day! We were written off too at half time.

and anyhow you saw Usyk crying when he beat Joshua not a thing wrong with it!!

• Advertisement

Sissies…

or am I allowed say that these days?!

Hahahahaha im Thick skinned enough to live with you saying that. Things have gone mad

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭megadodge

You can.... if you're talking about soccer.

Fairy ball.

Fight of the century on tomorrow, boys.

well, if you’re following DAZNs plugging, it is!

The sensational Jon Ryder faces the HOF shoo-in, Danny Jacobs!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭Morrison J

DAZN don't help themselves putting white collar boxing as a co-main at 10pm do they.

Ryder ranked 5 Ring Magazine at SMW has to be the most patheic ranking across all divisions...

Go on Ryder. Turning the tide here brilliantly.

Bit harsh. He's past his best now but gave GGG and Canelo good fights and has some solid wins. Never an easy out.

Close fight tonight but 7-5 Jacobs felt about right. Chuffed for Ryder and he deserves a bit of luck with scorecards but the predictable nature of those cards leaves a very sour taste. You don't travel to the UK and win close fights anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Rolling Stone

Jacobs can feel hard done by IMO. I just can’t see how Ryder won that fight 7-5. Not quite as bad as the Campbell Hatton decision but fighters may think twice about travelling to the UK if these kind of results continue.

Talk of Ryder challenging Canelo now ….

• Advertisement

I have no problem Ryder wining. Jacobs died a death last 5 rds. Useless. Looked spent.

Ryder -Canelo: be like Campbell Hatton getting a crack at Gervonta Davis.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Brook v Khan lads.. how do ye see it going?

I'll go Brook within 6.

The con is on:

I bought it. Dislike both. Hoping Brook knocks Khan out. But I think Brook might be a step too slow everywhere, and doesn’t have one punch fight changing power here. Khan could eek out a close points win. Real 50/50

How much was it to buy? I see the bookies are going with Brook. As I thought about it I was swaying towards Kahn. Think both are shot but I can see him having a bit more speed than Brook. I’m not so sure either of them has 12 rounds in them at much pace but Kahn might try to stay away and grab rounds. If it does go the distance then I’d expect Kahn to be ahead 116-112 give or take. A few digs at those eyes and Brook won’t be too keen. Then again, Brook may not have one shot power but it would hardly take that to have Kahn doing river dance. God they are both hard to suffer, quite the battle of twits. The nicknames and talking about themselves in the 3rd person is cringe of the highest order. Kahn talking about all of Bud’s mates being ‘fans’… sure big guy.

25 euro to be robbed.....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I think Khan stops him by the end of the 5th latest ,

Brook will give in

Brook is the bookies favorite

I wonder how much the weight cut will affect both, more so Brook....

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭arthursway

Will be a long 12 rounds for khan hiding that chin trying to stay on the outside.

Brook does good work on the inside with uppercuts and if GGG acknowledged them early in their fight then khan will be out.

If the weight cut went well for brook and he keeps his head then be should catch khan and finish it in my eyes.

Brook ko/tko for me.

• Advertisement

I keep swinging on this fight. The most appealing thing about it is that they have both declined and it’s a pick em. Awful pity they didn’t fight as champions. A thought I’ve had today, if Brook had fought GGG and Spence in the opposite order would he have fared better? Up and down in weight was a disaster for him. In the Spence fight he was well in it until the 9th (I think) he wasn’t outclassed. Comparing how they both did against Bud is pointless because he coughed at them and they were out and neither had any fight in them. I think if Kahn has the reflexes and hand speed he wins but that is the first thing to go so the later fight suits Brook from that point of view, while the weight cut clearly favours Kahn who wanted it lighter. A stoppage loss destroys either of them unless very late on in an exciting both down fight. I think if either goes down they get stopped. It actually does have the makings of a good contest as long as one doesn’t insult us all by pulling out with a sore foot or shoulder… could well happen.

Anyhow I think Brook’s punch resistance is gone more than Kahn’s hand speed so I have Kahn but when bookies favour Brook that suggests they might know something. Kahn has had 2-3 surgeries on his hands and he didn’t hit the pads in the public workout session.

Jesus I could have just written if and maybe at the top of this post and left it at that. Armagh Monaghan is a much more important issue anyway.

Advertisement