Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,768 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Holding a country the size of the Ukraine is more than Russia could manage.

It'll take it in no time though.

Russia is only a pale imitation of the power that was the Soviet Union.

Globally significant but not a global power.

They are not going to try take it all though. The Russian majority South West at the most I'd say. They have fought enough wars in the last 20 years to know their capability.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭BurgerFace

Ive seen the losses that America has suffered. Bombers, jets, aircraft carriers, tanks, MRAPs, MOABS, and still crushed by peasants in flip flops with an AK.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

What aircraft carriers have the lost ????

Bomber's???

Tanks ???

Are you watching knock off movies 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 12,571 ✭✭✭✭Sand

If thats the case,why are all the Baltic states,Poland,Hungary,Romania,Norway all NATO members or EU members?And why are Finland and Sweden considering NATO membership?Is it because half of them dont want to join?

Maybe you know Prigozhin to well and get paychecks from him to admit it

• Advertisement

No its common sense,something you obviously lack

NATOs airforce alone would level Russia if they have to

Do you think casualty numbers determine victory? The US are still sobbing about 50,000 nobody grunts that died in Vietnam.. Meanwhile they murdered over 2 million little "gooks".

If war to you is a numbers game then I suggest you sign up

Yes invading and holding is two different things

• Registered Users Posts: 9,755 ✭✭✭buried

You are making no sense now and quite frankly talking complete wollix. We are supposed to be talking about the Ukraine, y'know, the country and divided nation of the actual current realm of discussion and the actual current realm that the hawks of war want to create conflict within? Nobody here is talking about Poland, Hungary Romania, Scotland, The Aran Islands or whatever else you are having yourself in order to deflect the actual discussion of the divisive geopolitical history of the Ukraine. The actual place we are talking about. If you don't want to talk about it, or even were aware of it, well that's fine.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

Maybe you should wave the white flag and start a new woodstock instead

• Advertisement

We are talking about Russias neigbours that used to be former soviet states alot of them and are in Russias sphere of influence like i mentioned 5 times before.

Can you read English,or do they dont teach you that in the IRA office in Lahkta 2 in St.Petersburg

Retired Russian Colonel General Leonid Ivashov, acting as chairman of the All-Russian Officers' Assembly, issued an appeal against Russia's war with Ukraine. He accused the leadership of Russia and President Vladimir Putin, whom he called on to resign, of preparing such a war, svoboda.org reports.

According to Ivashov, "previously, Russia (USSR) waged forced (just) wars, and, as a rule, when there was no other way out, when the vital interests of the state and society were under threat." However, now, as the general writes, the only threat to the existence of Russia is the degradation of its internal life. External threats "are not currently critical." "On the whole, strategic stability is maintained, nuclear weapons are under reliable control, NATO forces are not building up, and they are not showing threatening activity," Ivashov writes.

https://charter97.org/en/news/2022/2/6/453725/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,755 ✭✭✭buried

Well, obviously I can read English Sailorman because that's what I've been typing the last 10 posts in our discussion, but I've also obviously upset you a great deal, so I'll just leave you alone now and you can relax again.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

But in the last 20 years of intense daily combat they lost less soldiers and tanks than the Russians in eastern Ukraine

• Registered Users Posts: 8,433 ✭✭✭jmreire

Estimated total killed in both Chechen wars is 300'000 Civilians plus Military. Grozny was full of UXO's, and booby traps. It was littered with Tanks, APC's, etc. and not just in Grozny, but all over Chechnya. In one incident there was a Russian tank / heavy armour convoy trravelling up a road that was cut out of the hillside, with the other side dropping down into a lake. The Chechens , from the far side of the lake, waited until the last tank had started the uphill climb, and then hit it. Then they hit the 1st one, trapping the the remainder between the two disabled tanks. Then the slaughter started ( same as had happened in the streets of Grozny.) and the still movable tanks / APC's had to push the damaged tanks ahead of them off the road and into the lake, even with injured but still alive crews inside them. They used a special code Nr on trucks loaded with bodies being transferred back to Moscow, and in one incident, a load of rebels travelled from Dagestan through Chechenya to attack a russian base, and despite many checkpoints, they were not stopped once because they used a Death Truck .They lost a lot of heavy armour there in Chechnya, and the same in Afghanistan. To the present day, you can find loads of rusting tanks and APC's dotting the Afghan countryside. Heavy armour is no use against a hidden enemy, armed with tank busting weapons. This is not a reflection on the Russian troops, considering most of them were young conscripts, they were brave and very brave.It was said that no one survived either the Chechen or Afghan wars.. the ones that did return home to Russia had been changed forever. Now if an invasion goes ahead, I'm pretty sure that Putin will face a major backlash from the Russian Population, something he is well aware of, but as Khodorkovsky says, he is presently unpredictable.

Thats right,Chechen RPG teams,alot of them veterans from the russian army and Afghanistan,knew where to hit the T72,T80s,BMPs and caused havoc,and also the reason why Russias military have moderised their military and armoured vehicles from lessons learned in Chechnya with more protection,ERA and APS systems.

The Dagestan massacre comes to mind

• Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Good to see someone accepting their limitations. A man's gotta know em.

At least you've risen to king of the naives now. Celebrate with a vodka and nice long sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Harryd225

• Registered Users Posts: 12,571 ✭✭✭✭Sand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Harryd225

The reason for that is that the situation is far more complex to how it is being portrayed by the US and UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,433 ✭✭✭jmreire

Yes, that they have. But its like the tit for tat scheme, better protection evolves, them more powerfull weapons to defeat it. If you can disable a tank, hitting one of the tracks for example, then it literally is not going anywhere, even if its still a formidable weapon. And so on.

But like that they lost more than enough tanks in Syria and ukraine compared to elsewhere,

The Russians have modernised but that modernisation only made to to 80,000 men ,who Will be the vanguard of any expansion of territory , with the bulk of less equipped and less effective forces ,for some reason people on boards seem to think that when the Russians start rolling out of their borders everyone is suddenly going to surrender to them because they are afraid of Russians capability ,

It's more than likely Putin has miscalculated this whole situation ,Nato are standing firm , ukraine are standing firm ,

So what's left either putin invades and we go to war or putin walks away having gained nothing which leads to further humiliation in the future if ukraine and NATO don't fold

What would you do if your adversary might have aerial superiority?

Someone here yapped about a coaliti0on of 30 countries. That could be 60 countries or 100. It doesn't matter. How many were in the "Coalition of the willing" against 1 country, i.e. Iraq. A country that didn't have a submarine or ICBM to it's name.?

How many missiles had the US/NATO over Iraq or Afghanistan? and still lost?

I'm no military expert but I know how to fight and I know how to find weaknesses in an opponent.. The very first is morale. Ypou think America has an endless supply of tanks and bombers and troops and food that they can just park in Europe and defeat the Russians in a few days? First thing...cut off energy supplies to the smallest of your 30 strong armada and this is before a shot is fired. Belgium, Holland, Luxembourg Denmark plunged into darkness. Can't wait for the riots before the Yanks arrive along with Richard Gere and Tom Hanks.

American generals have studied and stated that the US would be hammered in a ground war against Russia....So go and tell them that they are deluded, not me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,768 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Russia's problem is that its economy is very small in comparison to America or even Western Europe.

So why are US generals stating that The US would be hammered by Russia? I don't know. Another thing that baffles me. We are led to believe that Russia has 100,000 troops amassed on the Ukrainian border. The Ukrainian - Russian border is 2000km long. That means 50 soldiers every kilometre or basically 2-3 from the start of a hundred metre dash to the finish....for 2000 km. Difficult to keep them all fed and supplied in such sparse numbers unless they are so elite that they can just live off the land for the last few weeks. Looking at "No Comment" on EuroNews there was footage of two Ukrainian dude opening doors to some rusty old bunker and then walking along some barber wire fence. Supposedly the fence was the border. Beyond the fence was nothing..NADA. Just snow. Maybe those 100,000 are so sophisticated that they can just blend in. But then if they are so skilled they would have lost 50,000 in Ukraine according to our resident liar.

Macron is now stating that a peaceful resolution is possible. You're damn right it is because you would last a second in a fight.

Zelenskky is calling the West the provocateurs.

The US / NATO started this crap....and were found out when the Russians said "bring it on". So now they are sloping back, egg on face, tail between legs. Another American premature ejaculation.

They are Tatars, not Taters.

And if Russia wanted to take over Georgia then why haven't they? As for your question about voting with a gun to your head...you haven't answered my question. If Crimeans were occupied against their will then why bother having a referendum? Why not just march in and save money on polling booths? On top of that why are the Crimeans who have been occupied against their will not lifting a finger to resist? Very simple question. If you go online you will see people in holiday resorts all over Crimea seemingly having a great time. Now maybe you will say that there are little green men in the backgrowund with guns trained on the girls in their bikinis but surely if that was the case then we would have undercover press going in and exposing the horrors of Crimea and how they are suffering under foreign rule.

How many Tatars were shot during the Crimean return to Russia in 2014?

I also notice that people not dissimilar to yourself call for a war on terror loosely cloaked in a struggle against Islam. Was that not what the Russians were fighting against in Chechnya. Were they not attempting to thwart an Islamic terrorist movement?

It's OK for the US to attack Afghanistan for no reason other than to establish a military presence on China's doorstep and to use the excuse of fighting "Islamofascism" as the proviso...but Russia does the same thing in Chechnya and they are tyrants?

Gun to your head. Don't make me laugh.

You yap about so many examples of supposed Russian aggression. Do you oppose aggression and bullying and illegal invasions and war crimes and torture and all kinds of other atrocities across the board or just when Russia might do such things but nobody else should be admonished?

Just asking.

Finally...sanity. Russia are not a threat so why is everyone worried about them.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭animalinside

Putin not going to improve his reputation among some as being an archetypal supervillain with a table that long. 😋

Yes that right,but in Grozny the tanks lit up like candles,thats why both protection and tactics was changed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭patnor1011

Meh. If they go for a shorter table he would be immediately accused of endangering Macron because something, something, covid...

92 pages of outright craziness where call of duty enthusiasts and amateur political analysts still go strong

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement