Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 6/Pixel 6 Pro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Craazysteve

Yup, same email for me, White QC45's is what will eventually be shipped to me. I'd have preferred Black, but I already have Sony XM's that I'm happy to stick with, so these will probably be re-homed unless my wife takes a shine to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

Just checked my mail and got the same. I would have preferred the 700's but the 45's were a very good alternative, although I'm disappointed to see that they are only shipping white. I'd say Adverts.ie will be flooded with them in the next month or so.

Edit: Just checked online and the Smokey White ones are an off-white or cream colour. Very feminine so not impressed at all.

Post edited by Phat Cat on

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Uhar14

Ah god, I don't think I'd have got this phone if I knew it was white headphones (that was genuinely the deciding factor for me picking the pixel). That has really annoyed me. I don't think I've ever seen such poor customer service from a company. I think I'm on day 95, and this is the first email I've got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭mossie

I'd prefer black too but at this stage I'd settle for anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Got the shipping notification email/text there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

After reading this I’ll be selling my Bose 700’s once the QC 45’s arrive - https://www.whathifi.com/advice/bose-quietcomfort-45-vs-bose-700

The white colour doesn’t bother me at all.

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,784 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

The 700's seem to be the better headphones according to that, and anywhere else I've read. The sound is where it's at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭breeno

February update seems to have really improved my camera performance in lower light. Much more detail in people's faces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Guys,

Trying to solve my issue with mobile data in my p6p and the 3 network. Hit a dead end with them saying all tech settings are ok and the p6p isn't a support device.

Can I get an e-sim from Vodafone and use that purely for my data connectivity sticking with my number and calls / WhatsApp all associated with my 3 number? This would be purely for a month to identify/troubleshoot issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭wassie

You can select preferences for each SIM for the following items: Calls, SMS, Mobile data

As for the VF sim - no porblem but it wouldnt be a data only plan, but a calling plan that included data.

You would just select the 3 SIM for your calling & SMS preferences and VF for data.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭d0157063

so nest hub is now reduced to 66 from 99. with voucher, either stand or hub - any thoughts or 3rd options please?

@wassie

Thanks for that I just wanted to confirm that it could be done to that granular a level

The Pixel Buds are down to €89 so I decided to just go with them... back up to €99 when you use your €75 credit. Assholes.

on a lighter note :) - system validation preventing you to buy another pair of earphones !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭amargar

Has anybody got their phone from sellers in Adverts ie? I see they have them for around 500 for the non-pro. Is there anything I should know before going ahead?

Just an update on this and thanks to @wassie for the additional info.

Popped into Vodafone, created my account and got my e-sim, Using it for my data only, while calls/sms preference is 3 and its already like the difference between night and day.

The Google Pixel Stand that I ordered with the €75 voucher arrived today, I didn't really need it but I'll still get use out of it. It's definitely not worth €80 though.

Post edited by Phat Cat on

The difference between Three and Vodafone is night and day? How much are you paying for a data eSIM if I may be so bold?

Thanks,

M

30quid unlimited 5g data.

I was using an S8 on 3. All seemed relatively ok. Upgraded to P6P and I'd no end of troubles with data....browsing sessions timing out, having to refresh many times, even during testing ssh sessions from the phone dropped. All of these tests worked ok with s8.

3 response was here are your network settings but other than that phone is not supported.

Vodafone e-sim in now and all functioning without issue or drop

• Advertisement

€30 is not bad at all at all for unlimited 5G!

finally got the message - I dont mind white at all, so all in all - 649 - 424 = 225E for new pixel 6 ---not a bad deal at all I would say (minus the s/w glitches).......never got any new phone that cheap.....cheers for now !!

Great news!

Your reward is on its way to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭pandabat

Yeah just got message this arvo too so hopefully some movement for everyone waiting on the headphones at last

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭TheRona

It's that kind of mental gymnastics that Google want you to use 😁

You've almost forgotten that you paid €650 to them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I was looking at it for something for the desk in work, but was only going to buy it if I got the voucher.

Ended up being sent the 700's so got no voucher, but yeah it's probably not worth €80 at all 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭1jcdub

test

Worth a shot.........

Good Morning,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, we are not able to change the colour of the headphones. As per the terms and conditions, Rewards are non-transferrable, and non-refundable and have no cash alternative.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,

Google Promotional Support Team

how are you finding it, i know still initial days, additional adaptor is also included. Google is not going to launch anything major between now and end of April (voucher expiry) - means limited options to fruitfully utilize 75E. Few options as asked earlier were video doorbell, nest, ???

Can the voucher be ‘sold’ on somewhere like Adverts.ie for example? I’ve seen JustEat vouchers and what not up there a number of times! Now you might have to accept less in cash for example, €65 but at least you wouldn’t then be forced to use it to buy something you don’t really want!

M

• Advertisement

Nobody got €430 off this phone. Take whatever you could sell the QC45s and whatever you can get with your €75 voucher for and that's your deduction. More like €200 or so I'd guess.

Had a look at adverts there, someone advertising a pair of QC45s for €340 🙄They're €250 on amazon.de

Advertisement