Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭russelldlee

Thanks - ye I signed up but they've got until tomorrow to sort out the charger or I'm just going to cancel using the cooling off period.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Gandalphs Brother

I was told by the installer electrician that the SmartCharger no longer needs a priority switch as it adjusts the charge level going into the car to compensate for any high loads occurring in the house (such as an electric shower).

The system was fully checked and certified when finished, in line with SEAI requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,115 ✭✭✭✭KCross

that sounds better than “don’t tell them you have an electric shower”! 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

Alright that sounds a bit better, so where was the complexity in that then the charger has power management so why the suggestion not to tell em if you have a power shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭rob808

I should have my ioniq 5 executive this week probably Friday or Monday.Im getting ESB to install my EV home charger it just that they gave me a date of the 10 of march for the install.I be using the granny charger for a few weeks not looking forward to that 😐.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Sargasso

Has anyone navigated their I5 through a flooded patch of road or come across a report/advice from someone who did?

Separately anyone get an update on delivery due into Ireland end of March/start of April?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭John arse

I was wondering about the benefits(or not) of the heat pump,saw some reviews that said it didn't make any difference?.what's the point of having it then and indeed the extra cost???

Post edited by John arse on

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭macgabhs

My premium is in transit due for delivery in mid April hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭John arse

Yeah that's fine but not what people are experiencing on here?🤔

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭rob808

I was in Halford today asking about the battery jump starters but said they only has one for diesel and petrol.I was thinking they would work on EV cars,would anyone know a brand that work on EV cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

So my first issue with the car; The charging port door randomly opening and closing and the charging port button not working at all. It only started happening this weekend. The only way to open the charging port is via the app or fob. Others have the same issue in the UK and it doesn't look like a speedy resolution 😪

I was also in Halfords today and got the same answer. They had the NOCO range of battery boosters in stock, but the smallest of these was rated at 500A which is way more power than the Ioniq 12v system needs. There are other 12v battery packs available, such as this one from Amazon - https://www.amazon.co.uk/TalentCell-Rechargeable-6000mAh-12000mAh-Lithium/dp/B0713T4XT9/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=12v+rechargeable+battery+pack&qid=1644332651&sr=8-3, but I have no idea what sort of current the Ioniq system draws. The Amazon unit can supply 12v 3A,which I would have thought should be adequate, but without being certain I wouldn't invest.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,983 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

unrelated obviously but i had the same issue with my etron (both sides) they were replaced under recall. I have to say manual covers for these things make a lot more sense to me, sure it looks cool, but not when it fails!

Sorry to have started this one running. I should have been more specific when I made the flippant comment about not telling Energia if you had a power shower.

The reason I mentioned it was that it was yet another example of Energia support people not knowing enough about the charger products they were selling. When I first called them to book my installation, they asked me loads of questions, including the one about having a power shower. When I asked the relevance of that, I was told that there were two different chargers available, a 7.2 Kw and a lower rated one (about 3Kw i think). If I had a power shower, then they would only install the lower rated unit, which wouldn't be much better than a 13a socket and a granny cable. In a subsequent conversation, they told me not to worry about power showers because they were not using the original chargers, but had switched to a new 'SmartCharger' which dealt with everything automatically. While all this was going on, a friend of mine in Dublin was also trying to get an Energia charger installed, but in addition to asking him if he had a power shower, they also said that they would need to do a full survey of his house electrics. When the electrician called and inspected his house, he told him that his earth-bonding and wiring would all have to be upgraded, at a cost of €1,800. Needless to say, he didn't take them up on the offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭PhilBky

Energia are basically useless. Before Christmas I wanted a day/night meter prior to signing up for the Energia/Hyundai charger deal, which as it turns out would have increased the cost of my electricity.

Whilst ESB networks change meters it has to be arranged through your supplier.

Calling Energia a week before Christmas I was looking for an appointment around January 10. I was told that they had received an email from ESB Networks that said no new meter appointments were to be made until after 11 January, meaning I would need to phone again on that day to get an appointment.

Being a totally untrusting soul I contacted ESB Networks who told me that if Energia contacted them immediately they would book an appointment for any date after January 4 and Energia should use the supplier contact number.

I got back to Energia. They denied any contact umber existed and insisted that Networks were not booking appointments for any supplier until 11 January.

Between the devil and the deep blue I rang Networks again and recorded the call where, again, they said that Energia should use the contact number.

I rang Energia again and eventually was put through to someone who claimed to be a manager and played him the recording. He denied there was a supplier contact number, refused point blank to help and said what the Networks operative had said was irrelevant- it was up to him if appointments could be made and he wasn’t going to make one.

Pretty much standard service from Energia. It’s a pity Hyundai teamed up with them. I ditched the idea of the Energia charger deal given their attitude about changing the meter. Obviously when my contract expires I won’t be renewing and I had ESB fit my charger which KN did efficiently and very neatly.

For anyone that's interested, Energia won't provide a pedestal and weren't able to help in confirming what I would need to do to pick up a pedestal. Absolute time wasters!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭crisco10

Had a few minutes waiting in car outside kiddy activities today so got android auto screen mirroring setup, so can watch YouTube etc on the main display. Handy for the odd occasion I suppose.

Netflix seemed a little smarter, didn't seem to allow mirroring.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

not sure about that and to he cost and r we wiring needs of you friend, I think they just need to run a 32amp line and add additional fuse box.

But saying I'm no expert, and I got my setup put in with solar panel so all that might have part of it but the didn't do anything else to existing wiring bar solar inverter additional line for the charger and additional fuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭allinthehead

If an electrician is making alterations to a consumer unit they must first check a number of things. They must check the bonding, earth rod, test all rcd's, and check the incoming supply cable. It must be safe to make these alterations. They should not proceed with the work if an issue is found and should either agree to fix the problems in advance of completing the works or issue a notice of potential hazard and walk away.

All this information should be recorded on the test record sheet issued along with the cert.

Your friend should really take the advice of what sounds like a thorough and competent electrician, get a few quotes for the remedial work though.

☀️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭ongarite

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭mrm

I notice that the white paint colour is listed as 'solid', with the other colours listed as 'metallic' or 'pearl'. Is the white colour any different/ lesser specification of paint? Does it require any additional protection or treatment than the other colours. It is also a cheaper option on the English websites than the other colours - is this the same with the Irish dealers? It looks lovely with the black body mouldings.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭thelikelylad

I bought the NOCO GB40 1000A for my EV6. It's 1000A 'peak' so while it's overkill I don't foresee any problems. Plenty of reports of people using it on Kona's, Leaf's etc.

Here's someone talking about using it on a Model 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQKN0fdGXBw

Worst case scenario you have the extra Amps to help an ICE out should you want/need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭PhilBky

The other colours are either metallic or matte. The difference between a solid colour and metallic is, as in any type of car, that metallics contain aluminium powder which reflect light in a different way and they have more coats of paint and a lacquer top coat to achieve the effect. They are, however more expensive than solid finishes and more expensive to repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭hooch-85

How did you do this? Does it involve some sort of hack?

Not really a hack per se, just install an App called AAAD, then use that to get AA mirror app. This appears in the Android Auto selection in the head unit then.

I think some of the apps (e.g. Netflix) would need you to root your mobile device to get them to work. Not worth it for me if so.

Instructions here:

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭PenguinForce

Anyone taxed the car recently?

I taxed mine last week on Tuesday after picking up the car and it still has not arrived. Does it usually take this long?

Hi all

Is anyone getting the Tow Bar done? Just got a quote of 1100 EUR Inc VAT?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ptltd

I'm trying to get one, however dealer has said some cars don't come with the pre-installed wiring loom, into which the standard Hyundai loom extension (7 or 13 pin) and towbar then fits.

Did this get explained to yourself? I'm not convinced...

edit - you can see the prices for the standard loom and bar under Transport, click on the image..

https://www.hyundai.ie/owning/accessories/

• Advertisement

Taxed/Collected last Wednesday. Got the disc on Monday, Logbook today.

I too was told (more at casual conversation during sales stage) that Tow bars aren't compatible with my (exec) Ioniq 5. Wasn't a big deal for me, so didn't dig any deeper.

Advertisement