Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky sports fantasy football 21/22 race to 50k.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

I think Pope to Sa is the way to go. More upside to Sa than Kilman. It's United that is bothering me mainly. I don't have any United coverage as it stands. Doesn't look right. Fixtures aren't bad up to City.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Yeah I’m planning on going without united and hope that Webster (plus the extra budget used elsewhere) will cover it

I think the latest discussion floating around twitter is putting Walker in as he is suspended from Europe. That should mean he plays the next few league matches. Not sure if people are putting him in instead of other City defenders or TAA or VVD.

I think I’d still prefer Cancelo and Laporte over Walker-unless people are tripling up with City at the back

It's an option because of their first 2 matches back I guess plus it gives extra security if one of the other City defenders gets rested. If you go 3 City at the back it means you would only have 1 Liverpool if you wanted Webster. I guess it's all the one cos City and Liverpool play the same amount of matches over the next while.

• Advertisement

Yeah if I was to compare VVD versus Walker over the next month or two, I’d favour VVD just on the starts alone

Might be a fair bit of movement on Salah now he is in the AFCON final.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

I’m on the Walker bandwagon feel he is a good place holder until Rudiger Is back. Come April will slowly start moving off city assets.

I am coming around to Walker too because he has to be starting league matches while he is suspended. Saving a bit of money too. It's who I am not selecting at the back I have to work out. That podcast last night gave a lot of food for thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

Yea be very surprised if he gets dropped for any PL games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

All ready to go I think. 5-3-2 in both teams. Fingers crossed no injury scares before deadline tomorrow 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I've slipped back to 1.4k now after a couple of bad rounds and forgetting to pick a captain twice. I'm glad I opened the thread as I thought the next round was Tuesday not tomorrow!

I haven't done any research so I'm guessing my team will be a bit different. It's mainly based on my fpl team as usual.

Pope

TAA Laporte Walker

De Bruyne Ramsey Bowen Gallagher

Salah Kane Edouard

I think I’m going to stick with my original plan-just the 2 city defenders and no United. Great insight in the 3 for 1 pod but the only caveat is pretty much everyone in the top 100 is also watching it. So a lot will will follow the guidance there

Even though Ronaldo missed the penalty last night I will stick with him. Barring injuries I will only have to make a couple of transfers between now and when Chelsea play Newcastle. Team very template but in my position it suits me I think.

Just try and have as many captaincy days covered to save transfers. What's the thinking behind 2 Palace?

I like Edoaurds short term fixtures. I'm struggling to see a better option but there's probably a defender or midfielder that would give me better captain coverage.

I noticed a Wolves player is needed so added Kilman in for Eduoard.

I like the KDB pick. You could get a lot of points from him. The only thing you are missing is United vs Brighton coverage I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Relieved that's over with

Pope

Cancelo Laporte Robertson Kilman Gabriel

Bowen Gallagher Bruno

Salah Son

Solid start out of the block with Pope 🤜

Yea good start for us Pope owners. Also Ramsey got a goal today in a friendly and Kane got 2 in the cup so very happy with my selections now.

• Advertisement

Moved up 20 places to 184th with my 2nd team just by having Pope as captain so obviously a few people around that ranking either had no captain or went with Cornet or Weghorst. Just shows the gains that can be made very quickly. Not much happening at the top, we all did Pope I guess. Calm before the storm 🙂

Bowen captain tonight, dream start for my overhaul team with 48 points from 2 players.

I think nearly everyone captained Bowen, certainly where I am. 2nd team moved up one place to 183rd. Think tonight is where we might see some divergence from the template.

Yea looks like it, I thought some people with Fernandes might have picked him but I guess not many did.

Also on 48-dropped 8 places last night presumably against those who had DDG. I don’t think we will see much movement in the leagues/leaderboard until next month with the fixture swings

Might have been Weghorst too though, he got man of the match. At least Ronaldo got his rest and the rest of the team didn't do much without him. Will be happy when that Brighton match is played.

I would have picked Bruno if we had 5-4-1. Not sure why we can't have that formation. Anyway can't see me bothering with United past their game with Brighton. They were terrible last night.

I missed the United match, did Weghorst look like a goal threat or did he get MOTM for his hold up play? I read he got a good assist last night but he seemed more like a target man against Watford on Saturday than a guy who was gonna get goals.

It's hard to judge him from last night. I only really saw the last 20 minutes of it. He was putting himself about but to be honest neither team could hold onto to the ball for any length of time near the end so it is hard to say. Ashley Barnes came on late on so I imagine maybe Dyche would be looking for Weghorst to form the same kind of partnership that Barnes had with Wood. Will be interesting to see how they get on against Liverpool.

• Advertisement

De Bruyne with a very lucky goal tonight as captain. Ramsey is the real hero though, what a great little player he is.

Advertisement