Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gig Regrets

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Even though it is/was good you could argue that Axl Rose reuniting with Duff and Slash was way better prospect on paper then it's actually turned out to be.

The Smiths getting back together might be of similar opinions and could turn out to be a little embarrassing. I'm guessing that question will never be answered

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭black & white

Loads of chances to see Rory Gallagher, always put it off until the next time, until there was no next time. Regularly kick myself over that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

jaysus. That was Noels first ever solo gig. Tickets were going for around 300 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

The smiths will never get back together, I’m talking about gigs over 35 years ago though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭supersaint3

Had a chance to see Planxty when they reformed in 2004 and passed it over... I regret it quite often and heavily:

I was at that '11 Noel gig and it was premium

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Yeah he called it the ray cellar. Friend went still raves about it..i was like, thats too much but then went to see Prince for about the price.

Not quite missed, but Bowie having to pull out of oxegen in 04 still lingers. He never toured again for his own health and I missed tickets for his point show.

All my friends watched Pearl jam in Belgium in 2010 while I watched Booka Shade, whom I prefer, but saw them again a few weeks later.7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭maddness

As uncool as this may be, just before Edel became huge she played in the Olympia and I had planned to buy tickets but never got round to it. Heard she was brilliant.

Another one was Faithless in the Olympia, I couldn’t go so gave away my ticket and they were awesome apparently! I saw them a few years later in Dublin castle and they were great but…

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I got tickets for Incubus in Birmingham in September. They're also playing Manchester and London but I've been to both before. Never been to Birmingham before so I'll make a break out of it. I also got tickets for The Cure later this year so that's 2 of my gig regrets sorted. If only I could fix the Tom Petty one!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Everyone reading this who doesn't go to Sparks tonight in Vicar St. Add it to your list.

Or get a ticket. It's Sparks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭3102derek

FooFighters - raging I never got to see them. Especially now Taylor has passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭3102derek

Seen Motorhead in The Point around 06 i think. Dont remember much about the gig. Went to way to many around the time. Just remember something about a birthday celebration on stage.

Man I wished I could remember more about it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Guns N Roses Slane 2017. Had a ticket. But was unfortunately on-call in my job and actually got a call. The call ran for hours and hours and hours and was an absolute comedy of errors that did not involve me but I could provide assistance.

As the call was ongoing I told myself "Ah, G N' R are so hit and miss. I bet Axyl will turn up late again and throw a strop and they'll be shyte"

Apparently they played a blinder!!!

That and I regret never seeing Nirvana and Daft Punk. But in those cases I never had tickets so...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭emo72

Had tickets for nirvana in some place off Grafton street. They cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

McGonagles, December 1991.

They had played in August '91 with Sonic Youth in the Top Hat just before Nevermind / ..Teen Spirit was released. By the time of the December gig they had gotten huge so the gig was cancelled and they rescheduled for the Point in June '92 with Teenage Fanclub (who had also cancelled a December date in McGonagles) and The Breeders (then with Tanya Donnelly in the lineup).

To be fair, those with McGonagles tickets could use them for the Point gig, which was grand as the original date cost £8.50 and the latter one was £16. Nirvana weren't great that night tbh and anyone who claims they blew SY off the stage in the Top Hat is lying. I remember multiple stoppages and technical failures. SY were excellent (still have the handwritten setlist complete with the gaffer tape used to stick it to the stage!).

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Did SY do Death Valley 69, one of my favourites by them.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭emo72

I knew someone would remember the logistics of it. I didn't go to the point gig, I gave my tickets to my brother because I was away on holiday. I hate the point anyway. Would have liked to see them before they went mental. I thought I was lucky when I nabbed the tickets for mcgonagles, got in before they went global, to see them in an intimate venue would have been fab. Feck them for cancelling that tour.

Seen Sparks this week though! 2 lads in their 70s still doing it good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Nick Cave and Warren Ellis in Amsterdam last October

Had been planning a trip to Amsterdam for October or November and saw that they were playing two nights on the 16th and 17th of October. Decided to go the first week in November instead as the flights were cheaper. I've since got into their album Carnage in a big way and have watched a lot of videos of their recent tour which I think looks brilliant.

Kicking myself now that I didn't go

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

With Alter Bridge now playing the 3Arena, A regret i have is not going to see them when they played the Olympia. Possibly too bust at the time but ya know

• Advertisement
Advertisement