Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Not context. Disinformation. An attempt to pretend there are 60,000 migrants a year into Ireland who are non Irish nationals.

So in 2021

35,000 non Irish nationals emigrated inwards and 31,200 emigrated outwards. So a net inward migration of 3,800.

It really does goto show all the hysteria on this site that we have mass immigration is nonsense.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

A good point.

We are the opposite of racist.

We welcome all sorts of non-EU races into the country, even though many are bogus asylum-seekers.

If they commit crimes, we don't deport them.

Now, we are offering thousands of immigrants, of many races, who have overstayed their visas, official residency.

We plan to go further. O'Gorman plans to make illegal immigrants a priority over Irish people, and to guarantee them housing within a few months.

Our colleges offer scholarships to bogus asylum-seekers!!!

We are unbelievably welcoming.

I wonder does Japan or China offer scholarships and permanent housing to bogus asylum-seekers from Africa?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Immigration of non-EU people, year ending April:

2015 = 35,700

2016 = 37,500

2017 = 38.500

2018 = 44,400

2019 = 45,800

2020 = 47,600

2021 = 31,500

https://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublications/ep/p-pme/populationandmigrationestimatesapril2021/mainresults/

What are the emigration figures for the same years?

Snipped. Actually, I can't be bothered. Ignore.

• Advertisement

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Indeed. Going by the figures provided by OEJ Net Inward migration of non Irish nationals would be only 3500.

Terry Pratchet

Oh. Right. OEJ was correct. Although it wasn't misinformation (your claim), it was simply a mistake. That does happen sometimes.

To correct my mistake:

Other main features of the 2020 figures are: 

• Of the 85,400 people who immigrated to Ireland in the year to April 2020, 28,900 (33.8%) were estimated to be Irish nationals. This is an increase of 2,000 (7.4%) on the year to April 2019 when 26,900 Irish nationals returned from abroad.  See table 2.
    • Of the 56,500 people who emigrated from Ireland in the year to April 2020, 28,300 (50.1%) are estimated to be Irish nationals. This represents a decrease of 700 (2.4%) on the year to April 2019 when 29,000 Irish nationals emigrated abroad.  See table 2.
    • Non-Irish nationals from outside the EU continued to display strong migration flows, accounting for 30,400 (35.6%) of total immigrants and 11,400 (20.4%) of total emigrants. See table 2.
    • In April 2020, there were 720,100 resident persons estimated to be aged 65 years and over, reflecting an increase of 90,200 persons (+14.3%), in this age group since April 2016. See table 7.
    • The population of Dublin in April 2020 was estimated to be almost 1.42 million persons, 28.5% of the total population. See table 8.
    • In April 2020, there were an estimated 644,400 non-Irish nationals resident in Ireland accounting for 12.9% of the total population. See table 9.

https://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublications/er/pme/populationandmigrationestimatesapril2020/

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭rgossip30

I remember seeing trucks go into the town center where I live and blocking traffic it was comical . Drivers with almost no English asking for directions .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭rgossip30

To Bubblypop. What is the allocation of new pps numbers to non nationals?

Post edited by rgossip30 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭enricoh

Another day another young one sexually assaulted in broad daylight, second one in a few months in fermoy. First incident a Moldovan, last week's polish.

no doubt a hape of journalists will give us the details about how long paddy has been paying this scumbags rent and disability n any previous.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/man-34-appears-in-court-charged-with-sexual-assault-of-girl-16-in-fermoy-on-monday-afternoon-41328772.html

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40741983.html

• Registered Users Posts: 19,404 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Ireland is like a beacon for all these scumbags. And with a welfare system like ours why wouldn’t it be. These attacks are only going to go one way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Also note the lessened outrage on these cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭foxsake

They are as irish as bacon and cabbage those lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

After hearing of these earlier I was tempted to post a comment about the culprits being visitors to our island, I knew it would probably be not received well when mentioning this but you can nearly bet on it now. Multiculturalism at its best, and its only going to get worse.

Its mad how all these folk going on about "protect our wimmin" werent particularly hopping up and down to the same extent about crimes by Irish men like Joe O’Reilly, Graham Dwyer, Larry Murphy, etc. The problem is not multiculturalism or immigration, it’s violent men.

Terry Pratchet

We are well on the way to becoming like Sweden , with an explosion of sexual crime. Even the lefty bbc is reporting 59% of rapists in Sweden are foreign born. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45269764.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Freight bandit

I think I just overdosed on wokeness...RTE have hit a doublee whammy in diversity

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2022/0209/1278728-age-is-no-barrier-for-love-in-generation-dating/

Hey,hold on a minute. I have stated numerous times on here that we have enough scumbags of our own who commit these crimes but why are we so intent on adding more scumbags to the problem. Some people like to mention our own homegrown offenders as some kind of excuse for all the others we seem to have no control of letting in.

Actually, it's violent people that are the problem... since women (both Irish and foreign) have killed/murdered others in Ireland over the years, but I guess the females who do that don't matter to you.

Just as I'm sure you've gone through all the threads on boards relating to murder/crime, and compared the posters talking on them to the ones here? Yeah.. I didn't think so.

The manner and numbers of crime in Ireland has shifted quite a bit over the last few decades, and while all of it can't be laid at the door of either multiculturalism/immigration, they do take some of the blame for that shift in violence.

But yeah, I'm not a big fan of this desire to blame migrants on violence.. but then, I don't like this desire to blame "men" or "women" (as a collective group, ignoring everyone else) either. Go figure.

• Advertisement

I don't see the problem myself. There's far worse crap on RTE. This isn't exactly an issue with multiculturalism.

Folks, can we stop with the links/articles of foreign men doing bad things in Ireland?

The vast majority of migrants are not involved in crime, of any sort. TBH all you're doing is making it easier for people to dismiss any argument you have about multiculturalism (although I haven't seen any such arguments for a while, just foreigner bashing).

You're going to get the thread shut down with all this rubbish, because its not directly related to the topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Freight bandit

It's an issue with our media,any chance they get they shoehorn in diversity ...all a bit too forced

"As well as representing the gay community, Isabel also feels she is providing a platform for Irish people with a similar background to hers.

"And also, on the other side of that, there’s me being mixed-race," sh says. "I don’t think there’s enough representation. So to take the two elements and put it out there, make people more aware."

More aware of what? That gay,mixed race people exist? Shocker!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭MarkEadie

Well at least we can count on this thread to be regularly updated with random crimes committed by non white people! A nice balance!

I suppose they were classed as random in Sweden at the start.

Aw well it's done now and no one can say they weren't told.

But some still might say 59% is random.

see quoted 19.2% of Swedes are foreign born. I don't think the ethnic Finns are the problem

Another massive problem were going to have in this country is that we have a police force that is under resourced, under manned and especially in rural areas non existent.

Opening up our country to a massive influx of people who we haven't a clue about their backgrounds is a recipe for mayhem.

Do you think that UK and EU citizens living here should have to register their domicile somewhere? Like the local council office or something like that?

Seriously think we need to have a working system to know who and what records of convictions people who are entering the country have. Don't know why you mentioned UK and EU because there is a massive influx of non EU or UK migrants entering. I just wouldn't trust our government of seriously even being bothered about who is entering the country.

• Advertisement

I mentioned UK and EU citizens because they are the ones living here that we know nothing about!

Advertisement