Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Not doing this TBS match any favours having to follow that

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Well that was pointless

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I think it will lead to shidas return so I'm OK with it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Hell of a main event. Excellent show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Had a feeling the Switchblade would show up, love that! Expect G.O.D to follow.

Keith Lee looked great, excellent addition to the roster.

Really enjoyed the Death match, Page's title defences always hit right. The tag match and MJF's celebration were very good too.

Lineup for Rampage looking sweet as well, delighted we're getting the Bucks/Vice match too.

No doubt you'll have the usual suspects complaining about the debuts but they're only looking for something to give out about. Just another cracking episode of pro-wrestling from AEW!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Was the first time I stayed awake for dynamite and was definitely worth it. Agreed I thought the rivalry between page and archer wasn't great but really enjoyed the death match.

I don't know much about switchblade but it's definitely building towards some sort of split in the elite leading to an Omega return, actually where are reDragon?

Keith Lee is just fantastic and has it in every shape and form.

Even enjoyed the inner circle as I can see Jericho turning heel or going away for awhile because I think fozzys next tour starts next month. Its definitely well over due for the IC to split plus I'm bored of Jericho now

MJF is the perfect heel and really looking forward to Wardlows break away, punk/mox vs ftr was great

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

If Jericho could take Sammy with him that would be great. I know he's good in the ring and everything but I can't take to him. I hate his stupid cue cards segments too.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I proper LOL'd at the MJF carboard cutouts of him beating Punk twice in the ring at the start, fantastic heel move.

Great wrestling on display again, Tag Match and AEW World title match were both fantastic.

What was Tony Khan's huge announcement?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I like the fact they packed in all of must see segments during first hour of show.

It really does make staying up on a work night very rewarding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Delighted to see Jay finally. He is amongst the best for me right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭Cotts72

If we could get Finn and the GOD in AEW theyd have all the tools for a bullet club feud or Just a dominant stable throughout

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

White's one of the best around no doubt. Gedo ruined him for a while with his shi*ty WWE style overbooking and overly long matches, doubt TK makes the same mistake. Returning face Omega vs Heel Jay writes itself.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I really know nothing about Jay White. It seems those that do think he's a great signing, but I've got zero experience of him, so that debut fell a bit flat for me. Penta Black is in that camp too (though the video was creepy and cool).

Lee is a proper unit, and I think a massive missed opportunity for WWE. He's something badly needed in AEW's upper card imo. They don't have many "giants", which makes him stand out a bit. I also think they don't have much diversity in that area too. So he's a big get for them.

Mox being Punk's partner gives Punk an entry route into the Bryan recruitment story as well. I reckon we see Punk/Bryan building the younger stable up shortly, and they use that as a Punk heel turn. Mox wearing the Shield pants, and Punk wearing gear he fought the Shield in apparently feels a nice touch to the animosity there though, long term.

Archer was a fine transitional opponent to Page. I've not got a mad attachment to either really though. Twas a solid match though, but I think I'll get more millage out of Page vs Cole.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

White, couldn't care less.

Lee is alright and a much-needed big boy. I'd like to see him ragdoll Cole or Punk around the place. Shame they couldn't get his old theme off CFOS or something, one of the best themes of the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Superb show, it was like a PPV.

Best 5 euro I've ever spent on Wrestling each month, thank you FITE

That was an atrocious introduction of Jay White.

I honestly don't think it could have been much worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,003 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Looks like Jay White was a late addition as Tony went a bit too overboard wIth the hype. He got Jay White on Sunday. He's still with NJPW so I can't see him doing many matches here. I'd love to see him Vs Hangman again but that isn't happening. It'll be him and Elite against Best Friends/Chaos if we get him in some matches.

Keith Lee is great too but he looked a bit out of condition. Started to sweat a lot and thought he looked a bit tired towards the end. Still a great get but got to hope he gets into some better shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,384 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

HHH must be upset as a lot of his NXT finds are in AEW now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Yeah, that was a cracking Dynamite.

Keith Lee looked a million bucks on his debut.

Nice change-up with an opening promo leading to a match later - wouldn't want that every week but nice very now and again.

The main event was very good and Cole/Page should be a great feud.

Will we get a three-way for the TNT championship at Revolution - Darby/Andrade/Sammy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

Great show.

If I had a quibble it's that I'm not sure Jay White's introduction, as much as it was great to have him was the most exciting reveal going. Hope he sticks around for a while though and this isn't just a quick detour. Him taking on a returning Omega writes itself.

Glad Keith Lee is in AEW, as someone else said, they have no one like him on the roster and there's a lot of great matches possible with him in the company (hopefully Mia follows him over). Not sure what the forbidden door stuff they were teasing with his debut was about but all the same, glad he is with the company. Also shout out to Isiah Kassidy (and Marq Quen) for making him look an absolute beast. Also shout out to Matt Hardy doing a Jeff and hopping the barricade and leavingmid-match 🤣.

Can't wait for the Wardlow turn, the crowd are salivating for it. Amazingly executed angle by AEW. Punk/Mox VS FTR was excellent. That main event was sick, very violent but looks amazing and just a real solid showing. I really hope the give Archer a programme now, they have a habit of bringing him out for the big match and then having him lose. Would love to see him get some wins and a good story, he delivers whenever they need him to. Also Cole/Page, hook it to my veins. Especially as a lot of people have speculated that had Cole stuck with the Elite he'd be very much in the Hangman role.

Awesome show overall. Excited for the build to Revolution in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,598 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Shows like that remind me why i love prowrestling.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

White's been on Impact fairly often the last while so that doesn't interest me at all.

Keith Lee though is a good addition, something different.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

It is disappointing that both Impact and AEW didn't exactly give White an intro befitting of his talent. I get what AEW were probably trying to do though here, with Switchblade's arrival being the opposite of the pomp of someone like Cole's debut.

There is something very alpha about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Is there any kind of survey or something online of overlap of NJPW/Impact/WWE/AEW and others fans?

Like I watch Impact, WWE and AEW but only an occasional NJPW event. So I'm familiar with the likes of White but wouldn't be thinking him a huge get, especially as said above, he's been on Impact recently and didn't really seem a big deal there.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I thought it was an excellent intro, walk into frame on Cole's cue, linger on the back of the jacket,back of the head, attack an already wounded Trent Barretta, reveal, snarky comment about Nick's earrings. Walk away.

Simple, but effective.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Just watching it in full now. Very good show but Jesus what the hell was that Sammy segment? Was he ripping off Love Actually or something, it was the absolute drizzling ****!!

Keith Lee is going to be a great get for AEW. Whatever went on with WWE they really missed out on something special there. First things first, book him to win the ladder match and then absolutely steamroll Sammy and hopefully shove those cue cards up his hole.

Enjoyed the tag match, proper brawl that, always been a fan of FTR anyways and Punk/Moxley worked well.

Hoping Page/Cole will be a better feud than what he's done so far with the strap, it's always difficult for face champs after the chase is over though.

Tbh though just give MJF the belt and let him have it for as long as possible. Absolutely printing money there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I don't see where the confusion over White's intro is coming from. The casual viewer doesn't know who he is, yet at least. They do know who Keith Lee is.

If they had White come out and wreck the place with Tony screaming "IT'S SWITCHBLADE!' everyone would say they overdid it first of all and secondly you couldn't then give Keith Lee the big hyped entrance minutes later...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

That Keith Lee throw of Isiah blew me away

I thought he was going to be thrown out of the ring at one point lol

Advertisement