Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Poor table manners, especially knife lickers. Makes my skin shiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,828 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Used to work with a fella that was a knife licker. We'd always take turns bringing something in like biscuits,tarts etc so one break time I brought in a cake, we all cut and take a piece then the last fella cuts a piece, licks the knife then puts it back on the tray to be used again

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Use by. Was stored in the fridge, but I’m not going to chance it.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭NedsNotDead

Not having anything to be trivially annoyed by

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,828 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

He was told if he didn't stop licking the knife it would be sticking out of his neck

• Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Salt and vinegar crisps that aren't nearly vinegary enough. Your eyes should water when you open the packet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Customer service in general sucks in Ireland !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Of course you should!

In relation to that, my mother and brother trivially annoy me regularly by dumping (or wanting to dump) perfectly good food because of the date on it. Even 'Best before' dates. If it doesn't have mould on it and doesn't smell funny, you're usually safe enough. 😉

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

A friend of mine used to dump fruit, e.g. perfectly good apples, no blemishes or anything on them, because the label on the tray had a "best before" and it was two days ago... She'd have probably thrown out salt for the same reason... This was a good few years back, mind you. I could not get my head around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

you wouldn't want to risk poisoning yourself with 250 million year old salt that has just gone out of date.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

😱😱😱💀☠

• Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

We had a power outage of about two hours a few years back and my next door neighbour was complaining about having to throw everything in her freezer out. I was like "Please tell me you didn't actually do that???"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Not even out of bed yet and I've had to metaphorically hand over almost 400e to buy a not available anywhere else service!

Ta I'm not wealthy enough(or at all) to spend the rest of the day in bed spending my money on non essential things.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

The school is having a car free day tomorrow. They do this every few months. Good stuff, but I walk with my kids every day anyway.

They also have a "walking school bus" thing organised every morning from a car park about a kilometer from the school, where parents have plenty of space to park up and the kids are supervised in walking the last leg. Great stuff too - exercise for the kids, no parking hassle for the parents coming from afar, less traffic madness for the residents near the school. Doesn't suit me, because the drop-off place is even further from my house than the school is, but like I say we walk anyway, and it suits others. So nothing but support for that too.

What's annoying me is that for tomorrow, they've told all the kids that they have to join the "walking school bus", because there's going to be a couple of politicians going on it. So my two come home telling me that I have to drive them all the way across town to drop them off so that they can walk back in to school... instead of just walking to school.

I say, nope, makes no sense, a totally unnecessary car journey is against the spirit and reason of a car free day. Wife is like "No, we have to bring them on it. It'll look bad if there's a low turn-out for the politicians!". FFS! 🤬

I was supposed to be visited by a TV licence inspector today. They never turned up. I had all my screen shots of my direct debits to show him , indignantly 🤬 that I have a licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,309 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

We exist to make companies money, we should be quiet and give it to them, apparently…

i badly require a haircut…. I was waiting until now to go as it’s always quiet, they open till 6… but I’m comfy, uninterested in going but I’m looking rather shaggy so, fûck it… I’m gone…

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I would be very happy to give Vodafone quite a chunk of money but their systems are so **** they won't let me.

Avoid Tayto like the plague then. They skimp on both salt and especially vinegar.

• Advertisement

I went to leave out my bins , only to find they're already out , plus my back door was open. ! Wtf ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

You’ve had visits from the Bin Fairy and the Easter Bunny (it was him that left open Jesus’ tomb, allowing him to escape) in one sitting. Watch out for Salad Claus, who leaves cold, healthy food in your bed, later on. These things come in threes.

He'll be out of a job soon as ìm applying for the assisted bin lift. If I ever find the form that is !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Guy from Talk Talk calls to discuss getting a new amazing super high speed broadband line into the house for only £5 extra a month. Fine, says I, just email me the details and I'll have a think about it.

No way, they apparently don't email customers these days (huh?), he wants me to sign up there and then on the phone. When I said I'm not going to do that, he gets all snippy and ends the call. Soznotsoz about your lost commission there. I didn't need to take your call in the first place.

Ah, but of course. He must've thought you had come down in the last shower. Was he a Nigerian prince, too, by chance?

My neighbour to the right of me said hello Cj. I've never met him and don't know his name. I'll have to ask my other neighbour his name. Maybe I have but my short term memory is shot. 😡 I'm just back from the local shop, and as soon as I walk through the doors my mind goes blank

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I find the tesco brand ones to the best around at the moment.

my TA: some person in the apartment directly above work accidentally left a tap on in their kitchen, and subsequently caused a flood that leaked into our place. The amount of water that spread from a drip in the ceiling was ridiculous- I was like Jesus walking on water trying to mop it up. The most annoying thing though, when I was trying to close to the public so as to get everything right (and adhere to health and safety), there just had to be a few people wandering around for AGES. When you have nothing to do, you'd never get a visitor.

Touch pads on laptops. I'm useless and awkward at using. Yet my teenage daughter can navigate it like a star fighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,309 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

King are 10000 times nicer…totally more flavourful.

im not happy… I’m pretty sick of, ok…. not Groundhog Day but groundhog weeks and people, in general…. I’d like a week away, on my own, marching to my own timetable, own whims… beat of my own drum, just disappear for a bit..a hotel, three stories up, overlooking some quiet alcove of the French or Italian Riviera, with small relaxingly run restaurants, and the people try to accommodate your needs as opposed to what’s going on now here… a fûcking chorus and cacophony of ‘ok you need to do …’ which is really boiling my piss….

unfortunately when people get accustomed to ‘extra’ you reset that ‘extra’ as the standard and people want it… routinely from you, and fûck your wellbeing, “you did it before for us so why not now ?”….

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

At least you have benevolent helpers (or maybe binevolent). Malevolent little elves may have been at work with my Fantasy football team. I just checked it, expecting a decent enough score from my captain (Jarrod Bowen, who I had just bought). He got 11 points, which is good, but it should have been doubled. Instead, my captain somehow was Martinelli from Arsenal who got red-carded last night. I've never had him as captain so I don't know what happened. But I know that 0 X 2 = 0. ☹️

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement