Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

As much as I liked Shaq, he will retire with a mightily impressive medal cabinet, without ever being anything more than a bit part player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

With a doubt over hendo's fitness for tomorrow night I wonder could we see a midfield of Fab,thiago and Elliot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I hope Elliott and Salah can find the chemistry they were having before Elliott's injury.

Phil ripping Leeds to shreds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Coutinho has been a revelation for Villa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

2 assists and a goal for Coutinho in a first half display for Villa.

Cracking match.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Sign how bananas a club Barca are when thay couldn't get a tune out of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Emile Smith Rowe has a Gerrard vibe to him, and see's himself in central midfield going forward. We do need a new Gerrard, a new Henderson. Something about him that is Gerrard like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I think Leicester will try to shut up shop again tonight and play on the break. I think it's a game for the technical players to start in.

Henderson is a doubt too. No Mane & I think Salah should be rested.

I'd go with something like this

Alisson

Trent Matip VVD Robbo

Thiago Fabinho Keita

X Bobby Jota

It's that RW slot I'm unsure about. Is Diaz ready to start? Switch Jota over to RW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Are Leicester missing anyone or are they back to full strength

Sounds like the Leicester team will be

Kasper, Justin, Amartey, Ndidi, Thomas, KDH, Soumare, Maddison, Albrighton, Daka, Lookman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

I agree, ball retention will be important. Is Ox back tonight, we could see Mo back and let him get it out of his system and pull him after an hour. Problem with that is he just hates coming off, he'll have a sulky ould puss on him if he's taken off 😂

Oh yes, forgot about Ox. He was in fine goalscoring form too before the mini break. I know he had COVID in-between so it's hard to know what sort of shape he is in.

• Advertisement

Salah will want to play, but for his own reasons, but the Golden Boob race is one he is leading easily, so no need to start him. We have enough cover to see how game plays out, bring him on if needed, but would like to put this game to bed in first half, and rest Salah until the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭passatman86

Very telling predictive text there toby ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

He's not in the running, thankfully he won't have to swear on his children's life that he touched a football he was no where near.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

He is 6 clear at the moment

• Advertisement

No chance he'll be caught, going for the hat trick of awards. Terry Henry leads the pack, with a total of 4. Something for Salah to aim for

No Salah in the starting line up.

Which I think is the correct call.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Infoseeker1975

Jones in midfield with Fab & Thiago, Diaz starting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Our squad depth suddenly looks very healthy. If, big if, they all stay fit we can a have a right go at four trophies this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Nice to see Diaz starting and Elliott is being eased back in surprise Salah is on the bench though himself and Mane be given until Sunday

Not a huge fan of Jones, all very relaxed on & off the ball, does not press as aggressively as others, obviously has lots of talent. Even though Keita has had a stop stop start stop career with us, he is a top player and if Atkinson had given the blatant penalty to him v Leicester at home a few seasons back when we lost the league by a point, then Klopp might have had 2 titles.

Great to see Diaz starting as usually Klopp introduces players really slowly so must be impressive in training.

Think if the crowd are really up for this and we get an early goal, we will win easily - going for 4-0 and fingers crossed the start of a great run till the next international break in March.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Damien360

Is the game on tv anywhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Full lineup anyway is;

Bench really is looking so strong these days, and that's without Hendo, Gomez, Mane, and Divock in the squad too!

For Jones, I think a huge amount of his performances come down to who's sharing midfield with him. He's not great if given too much proper centre midfield duty, but always find him better with Thiago in the team giving him more license to make runs and move around creating space for others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Very strong team. Very strong bench. Cmon the mighty reds.

Two games in hand on Man City, win them both and we're only six points behind.

I think we'll win well tonight.

I don't care as long as it's a win. Keep that momentum going and see where we are in a few weeks in terms of gap to the top. The players have to make amends for that bad result at Christmas time against Leicester

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I'm feeling strangely confident of a convincing win tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I’ve a very good feeling about the match tonight as well, glad to see so much shared optimism here for a change.

Cue the 0-1 defeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

Fab looks well up for it tonight. Diaz involved early

Maddison posing for a photo

Diaz looking lively so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

That is a high foot should have been the other way

Bobby and Diaz seem to be on the same wavelength

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Jones is not having a great game

Robbo knocked himself out hitting the post.

Edit no he hit his back not his head luckily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Sore one for Robbo

Hit the post, getting closer .

• Advertisement

That looks a sore one for Robbo

Think our bench will do the trick after the hour mark with Elliott on for Jones & also Salah for Firmino to allow Jota move to the centre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Been fine I think... one poor pass, but otherwise picking up plenty of ball and keeping things moving around the edge of their box. Some lovely dribbling to get out of trouble and recycle possession.

On Diaz, he's almost working too hard, getting back into Robbo's area more than he needs. I'd say he's just full of adrenaline to impress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

The player hitting the post doesn't count Toby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

We've been very disjointed

Hota on the right doesn't work, Jones isnt good enough

• Advertisement
Advertisement