Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭facehugger99

10 minutes to go.

1-0 lead

Sounds like a Jimmy Milner situation to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭ArtyM

This Diaz fella, I like the look of his jib.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭tomglsn

That referee is a shambles. Clear penalty for Salah. Scissor tackle from behind. Var deemed it ok too. Awful decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

On the not penalty that was the overcorrection of var for the Jota penalty that was given.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,393 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Almost from Diaz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Thiago has been spectacular this half.

I'm glad we're not sitting back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Robbo has been quietly outstanding tonight, if you’ll excuse the contradiction there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Goallllllllllllll

JOEL ASSIST!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I love this team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

What a pass by Matip. Great goal. We are brilliant.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Sweet assist!

I love Joel Matip 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Lovely from Joel, what a baller. And Jota does what he does.

He’s like an elongated Messi is our Joel.

A cross between Bilbo Baggins and a giraffe when he goes on one of his mazy runs 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭ArtyM

Jota, Wonderful signing but Liverpool recruitment team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Matip has been excellent and caps it off with an assist, I wonder was his last one in the CL final.

I look the cut of his jib.

Joel Matip and Harry Maguire, which one would you think cost £80m?

• Advertisement

So much to love about this team.

A joy and a privilege to watch.

That was a thoroughly enjoyable evening. You just cannot beat a midweek game under the lights at Anfield.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

A very comfortable victory. Ali a bit of a spectator in fairness. Some lovely passing and pressure throughout.

Leicester players will have a few bruises on their bodies from all their falling down.

Diaz will gel very nicely into the team.

The squad is looking stronger than ever, plenty of options available.

So many reasons to be optimistic about the rest of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Solid debut for Diaz.

Jota, Thiago, Robbo, Matip and VVD all stood out also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Another totally dominant performance. Cruised to victory. Jurgen Klopp’s red & white army.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭hadepsx

Loving the bite and bit of niggle in Diaz.

If you threw Tielmans/Bellingham and a back up RB into the squad it'd be unbelievable.

I don’t want to do it to myself as the league title staying in Manchester is almost inevitable, but….

If City lose once more before we play them and we keep winning, it’s in our own hands assuming we win the goal difference battle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Wrong thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

BT's coverage is so poor at times... the lads talking about how you know once Liverpool go one up that they're not gonna let it go - when our trademark this season has been not closing out games! Today was a welcome change in maintaining control.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

The next few months are going to be fantastic, team coming into form and fitness to make a run at all of the competitions. The league obviously the toughest but if we can at a minimum match them until we play them in two months that's a huge game.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Infoseeker1975

Great team performance and fantastic to see Diaz look like he has played with us for years, love that he has a bit of edge, movement is so good off the ball, he will get 10 goals/assists over a season. After City play Norwich, they have a tough run of games, we just need to keep the pressure on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Thaigo is unbelievable at football, What a player to have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭patsy sally

Just in the door didn't get chance to see any of the game,Diaz played very well looking at comments on here..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭jones

We really are a different team when Thiago and Fab are in midfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

My MOTM tonight, just kept everything ticking over nicely, a few good interceptions as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Did'nt want to jinx it earlier! by i'll say it, i think we might win the league, i just have a feeling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

;) It's great to see him get a good run of games and see him in full flight because he gives that different play of coming out from the back with ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Second half much much better. Especially when Elliot came on and the midfield switched with Thiago a bit deeper and on the left side and Elliot higher & wider.

The Fabinho-Thiago midfield partnership is so strong. Rarely concede and seem to score 2 or 3 every game. They can control games with ease. A big dynamic to have back in play now.

Elliot & Jones play somewhat similar roles, on opposite sides of the midfield. Elliot can release the ball that bit quicker tho, which makes a big different. Both are confident in their ball retention qualities, which are an asset. Our midfielders are told to keep the ball a lot. They are both being told to keep the ball, but Jones takes that too literal at some times.

Nice win. Momentum keeps on going. And some key players to return.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭ratracer

Whoa, whoa, whoa……… those two names don’t belong in the same division, let alone the same sentence 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

Elliot Fabinho Thiago is our best midfield

Salah, Jota, Diaz potentially our best front 3 (sorry sadio mane)

Diaz doing nicely for his third season in the team.*

*feels like it. No gentle intro for Diaz... off you go. Loving his attitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

There is something wonderfully old fashioned about jota. Poacher, great in the air, I haven't seen a player like him lately. I was happy when we got him from wolves but I never ever thought he could be this good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭tanko

Hopefully he can stay fit for a while this time.

I'd imagine he might drop back to the bench now when Mane is back and be eased in then over the next few weeks to build up his confidence and movement in the system.

He's looked comfortable so far though. Could well turn out to be an excellent signing.

Was very happy with Elliots performance when he came on. Picked up some great positions and moved the ball on very quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

While we know Klopp likes his players to learn the system, this is not necessarily the case for attackers. Neither Mane or Salah were left waiting on the sidelines serving any type of apprenticeship, and Jota was quickly introduced to action too unlike players further back the field. Diaz could see quite a bit of action between now and the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Burnley away next, they really are the draw experts, there is a team in top 4 that have lost the same amount of games as Burnley. They maybe be bottom, but dam they are hard to beat.

Post edited by BorneTobyWilde on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Remember when new signings just disappointed us?

now they be good. Amazing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

How can he get away with it with VAR. While Salah was hacked down and no pen was given. Sterling just forgot the ball, as he was like, don't need its time to dive, Brentford player made ZERO contact, and it's not a yellow for Sterling, it's a pen. WTF

• Advertisement
Advertisement