Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Book Of Boba Fett - Disney+ (**Spoilers**)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,223 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Re the first question in your spoiler tag. I suspect that the dropped episode (should have been 8 chapters not 7) would have been the development of Boba's relationship with the beast (and the eating of the previous handler)

I thought they were trying to hint that maybe Jennifer Beales landlady character might have survived the explosion in her establishment. Apparently not. Bit of a waste of a, while not A List, pretty well known actor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I actually thought she survived as the first scene in the ruined club with Mando, Boba and Fennec, we see the back of that type of head. Just turned out to be the Mayor's assistant.

Don't think I really know the actress from anything else, but yeah a bit of a waste of her character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,510 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Probably best known for being the star of Flashdance and looking pretty good for 58.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Yeh at the start I was sure they were spending all that time with the Tuskans because they were planning on Boba calling in some favours with his Tuskan buddies and we'd see them coming to his rescue in the final confrontation . But nope, they just fridged them to make Boba sad. What a waste.

• Advertisement

In fairness I actually liked how it was using the weapon and skills he got from the Tuskans that gave him the upper hand against Cad Bane. It at least meant the Tuskan story arc had some reason for how much time it took up in the earlier episodes, more than just providing background to the Spice/Pikes and filling in the gaps of Boba surviving the Sarlaac.

Speaking of the Pikes, very disappointed that after the battle where we saw stormtroopers helmets on pikes, we didn't then also get to see Pikes on pikes. C'mon Favreau, this sh*t writes itself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

I'm at an age like many Star Wars fans where I grew up with the original trilogy and subsequent toy line.

I had Boba Fett and his Slave 1 along with Solo in carbonite! I always thought of Boba both from his appearances in the trilogy and in the many battles that happened in my garden and elsewhere in the house that he was a ruthless bad a$$, didn't talk much and would take the side of whoever paid the highest..

I was perfectly happy to have that perception of him and then came along the Book of Boba Fett...well that's that characters image for me ruined.

No menace, no ruthlessness not even an aura of danger about him.

I liked The Mandalorian and I was hoping that the Book of Boba Fett might have been a little bit darker especially as from the initial trailers where we see he is in Jabbas Palace etc

Not sure I'd be very eager to watch a Season 2 of that. Overall it was disappointing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭ChrisJ84

As a Star Wars series it was pretty good, as a Boba Fett series it was a bit of a mess. We got hints of what they were trying to do with his character (like in the heart to heart with Fennec in episode 4), but there just wasn't enough time given over to Boba to flesh it out.

And those droids clearly went to the Stormtrooper school of marksmanship 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,251 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

That was a really good last episode. I just knew when Boba sent your man out with the pad it was not to negotiate the way he thought and the bit at the end with Djin in his ship and Grugo lol. Some good fight scenes in it too.

I do not know why Din or Boba did not just get there ships do and blast the robots that's all they had to do. The bit with the Rancor and Boba was good do but you would have to wonder why choose that over your ship especially after going back there?

Sonia some warrior to keep going. I thought he was a goner when Tey bad soldiers had him pinned.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,599 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Wasn't a terrible finale - if you overlook all the stupid stuff in it, wookie cant walk, wookie can run, wookie cant walk, wookie can run

I think other characters had more screen time than Boba

Wouldn't be bothering with a second season if it ever happened

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Useless Lump

that was a tremendous bloody fun and damn exciting.

Boba’s henchmen getting ambush was very well done. A pity both Gamorreans got killed. Something should have been by Boba at the end - they were very loyal.

Boba on the rancor and it’s rampage was great stuff

I would have preferred the Boba/Bane fight to have happened after Grogu and the rancor and Mando flying away should have happened before Boba walking with Shand.

so this is the end of Cad Bane. No surprise return from that.

I’m left confused though - Boba is now the Daimyo and the people want him there and he going to protect them but is is he still going to be a crime boss ? Plenty of crime t the boss of besides Spice (obvious since the show was first announced that Boba would ban spice in his territory - a Star Wars character is not going to benefit from drug dealing)

The Mayor’s aide will be Boba’s lackey in season 2

I’m fine with Boba Fett being an “honourable, decent criminal” the earlier episodes really need to be padded with character development and world building of life in Mos Espa with the bad criminals in charge. If there is any deleted scenes like that they need to be put in.

Also episode 5 and all the events on Luke’s planet in episode 6 need to be removed and edited into a Mandalorian special episode

I thought the person in the bacta rank would be the Tusken kid (even though that makes no sense), Bane (even less sense) or Omega - then I saw the white hair and beard and I thought it was Rex :p

had to rewind to see it was the Marshal.

The final scene has me wondering if Boba and Fennec are going to leave Mos Espa in the care of the Mods and find another purpose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Probably going against the grain here, and maybe its because I've not watched the cartoons, but I thought the Cad Bane character was a bit ridiculous ... in between speeder bikes and naboo star-fighters, there's a alien Lee van Cleef type strolling around the galaxy with his 6-shooter..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,979 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Yeah, hes quick on the draw like, and blue, but thats about it?

He's better written in the cartoon.

I thought they did a good job of showing him as someone to be feared by his reputation and experience. He's not flashy, he's not gimmicky for the sake of it. He's just one of the most dangerous and lethal hired guns/bounty hunters in the galaxy.

As someone with no knowledge of him before this show, I thought he helped elevate the show in the last two episodes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,055 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Overall the series was ok, but was disappointed. Mando/Grogu saved it for me, the Boba Fett cameo on episode 6 was a big surprise, the flashbacks in the first few episodes I found dragged a bit and the flow and some of the dialogue was a bit clunky.

I thought Ming-Na Wen was wasted as Fennec.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,639 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

I thought it was Clint Eastwood with his talking through clenched teeth the whole time !!

"Go ahead make my day , Boba"

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

The spin annoyed me too, but I read online that he was meant to be avoiding a blaster shot, but the cgi for the blaster shot was way off.

But definitely made me hate all the mods even more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,277 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

The whole mods thing was bizarre, its tatooine a wasteland covered in dust and poverty and here are these flashy shiny scooter bikes flown by these stylish punk kids.

Yes he is Lee Van Cleef/Eastwood etc.

Westerns are just one of many influences on Star Wars

so I don’t see how gunslingers are ridiculous - Fett and Mando are also gunslingers

• Advertisement

What annoyed me about the Mods was that there was backstory to the characters or background to the Mid culture (like why do it) and I did think the bikes were too shiny.

however I never thought about how they afforded it all as it is stated in the show that the modifications are expensive and that these kids are poor and unemployed

Just occurred to me that we were also not shown if Drash’s cybernetic arm is stronger that a human arm or if the black guy’s eye can do anything special - do they just do it for the sensation of having cyborgs parts?

there was also enough of them that some could have been killed in place of the Gamorreans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Feels like I'm about to start this off with "not to defend Hitler but".

There's plenty of people in reality living in poverty in the third world who follow weird expensive fashion trends, the Congolese sapeurs for example and a bunch in different parts of Asia in deprived areas who do have modded out mopeds. People who've little and then spend a months salary on fancy shoes or another bit of chrome for their bike.

Also a good point on that topic

I don’t get the Hitler thing though

Post edited by Useless Lump on

That's fine. But this wasn't simply "different", it looked wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Yes, but they are not exactly dressed like something out of Bonanza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

They clearly made their money trading NFTs out of their parents basement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,909 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Also someone here who was around the time of the original SW films.

This series was a massive disappointment for me. Far too many awful elements to have been saved by the appearance of Luke and Grogu. And the image I had of Fett through all the SW films etc, has now been ruined. He ain't what we thought he was all along, and the comical way he got hit by accident in the original films and ended up flying into the sarlaac doesn't seem so silly now.

Also think the Mando series is seem by many with rose tinted glasses too. When it was out I thought it was good, but not great. A lot of filler in that too, and they kinda saved it with series 2. But compared to this Fett series it's on a different level of action and writing.

But I basically posted this because there is one main thing. A man in his 50s isn't the target market for these shows. And that why it's not surprising the older generation aren't mad on them. My Kids loved them. They loved the biker gang. They don't notice the terrible writing, the plot holes, the ropey acting etc.

I think they should ditch any more Fett series, but I know they won't as enough people will have watched it to justify a 2nd series. I'll probably watch a 2nd series if it arrives, simply as I grew up with the SW universe. But I hope it's not as bad as that one .

• Advertisement

TBH my kids complain more about them than I do.

They are used to high quality shows. They are comparing it against those not my memory from x number of years ago.

TBH I'm happy with a far lower standard of CGI, acting etc. than they are.

Advertisement