Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2022 - Here we go again! - **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,548 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I don't see Snore Patrol on any festival lineups either, so perhaps we'll loose them this year too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Why no posts today?

All these lineups posted from the different festivals, discuss the acts please don't let the thread go empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,408 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

3 years without a picnic, you'd think the organisers would throw us a frickin' bone and announce a little early

True, its this cold evening that's making me anxious for festival chat, usually B&S festival announce around this time of the year which for me is the first proper sign for spring and summer coming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,596 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

To be fair we've probably already identified all the major acts who'll play and I can't see many surprises at the top of the bill. Mainly Irish and UK acts this year with the odd long-distance arrival (Rage, Tame Impala).

I'd like some older post-punk acts lower on the bill - Skids, SLF, Wire, Bauhaus, Buzzcocks, Undertones (again), Pop Group, etc. These guys have all been playing over the past five years and Jerry Fish would happily give them a home. We've had The Fall (twice), Magazine, Gang of Four and others over the years.

I'm expecting a half-decent lineup with a fair few poor acts but I don't care. There'll easily be 15/20 acts I'll enjoy seeing and, most importantly, I'll finally be back in Stradbally.

True Seath I wouldn't mind seeing some of the post punk older acts as well and maybe some different electronic acts, you'll know who I'm talking about there. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,408 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I'll put aside the need for a stellar line up if I get an early announcement. It's a fair trade I reckon!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

There are 203 sleeps.

Was looking at the old RockNess 2010 festival threads in the Efestival archive, I was at this event and for the last two days have been revisiting the announcements, the build up to the event and the reviews, it was such a buzz. Sadly there is hardly any Scottish camping music festivals left, RockNess finished in 2013, T in the Park in 2015 and Wickerman (modelled on the film set of the original film and Scotland's answer to Body&Soul festival). Also can anyone help me find an old festival buddy, he used to post on Efestivals and the original Electric Picnic forum. He went by the username Window Licker and was from Dublin. I met him first at RockNess through the Efestivals meet up and then at Electric Picnic 2010 and the following year at Forbidden Fruit for Aphex Twin day, I stayed at his gaff in Dublin over the weekend. I think his proper name was Collie or Colum. Does he still post I wonder on Efestivals as I only frequent it every now and then.

• Advertisement

I've never seen that username here but I generally just stick to the Picnic and Leeds United threads though it's soon time to get onto the Glasto one.

That's a fair bit of info on the guy (rough idea of name, Rockness, Aphex, EP) but easier found on social media if you ask friends to post. I will if you send me a FB message next week. Relatively few people camp at festivals and he may be known to friends of friends. I've got two dozen pals who regularly go to Irish festivals. They'll each have at least ten different pals who do the same and then the pals of pals, etc. Good luck.

Thanks Seath I checked his profile and posts in Efestivals and it seems he hasn't posted there since Jan 30th 2012 so more than ten years. I know he was posting in the EP forum, the forum attached to the EP website up to about 2014 anyway as I remember him and me talking on an Aphex Twin thread there when Aphex released the blimp over London advertising the release launch of the Syro album.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭rubick

Button Factory for Dry Cleaning tomorrow evening, who's heading?

Heard a buzz that the Button Factory will be changing its name to 'Centre Point' (ugh) soon. Doesn't quite have the same ring to it, although closer to the older name I understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Yeah, I'm in for that Rubick. Really looking forward to it.

Fair chance I'm there too. SO and kids flying to Slovakia on Wed morning so I'm in town that evening and will try to get away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Fleet Foxes playing Dublin the Sunday before the picnic, so that probably rules them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Feckin' adult responsibilities mean I won't make it tomorrow unfortunately. Anyone need a ticket at cost price pm me if you like. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭fafy

Hows an extension to 4 days going to work ? Are they going to issue 1 day tickets for Thursday, or, just extra Early Entry tickets ?

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40807056.html

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

I don't think there is any real change there.

I'm fairly sure I read it before that the 4th day is just the early entry tickets and there is a limit on the amount of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,248 ✭✭✭nc6000

I read that earlier and thought the Thursday would be just early entry with maybe some food and drink places open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

Went to see Bob Log III on Saturday night. 1st gig in a long time. Everyone was so happy to be there.

Wonderfully mad as usual. He would be well suited to a late night slot at The Salty Dog or Trailer Park

The licence has always included Thursday since Early Opening began (2016/17?) as they have had some bands on Salty Dog and Comedy acts in the Woods since then. Mad how busier it is on the Thursday since then, was a bizarre sight to see the Hendrix/Warhol camping virtually empty before the masses arrived on Friday morning. Hopefully they'll add more entertainment on the Thursday from this year. It's been a great addition for us as we can leave Antrim at a reasonable hour on the Thursday morning and still make the queue for entry at 4pm instead of a 6am start on the Friday morning. If you're thinking of heading on the Thursday I'd grab an Early Entry pass whilst they are still available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭fafy

Have always gone with Early Entry, on 3 previous EP’s,1st time was 2010, (but in campervan)but no music or comedy on back then, there was in 2019, doing it again this year, got a tip off about it years ago, and its great advice, its a nice chilled evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I think it's capped at 10,000 early entry tickets.

I keep forgetting that we haven't experienced the 70,000 capacity yet, 2020 was to be the first. Going to be a different ball game this time out lads.

Some acts in Y Not festival at end of July.

Yard Act, Manics and Sleaford Mods off that and that's about it.

EDIT: Holy ****, The Levellers. Sneaking in under that woeful top tier. Just as they'd want it too.

I'm presuming "Y not" is a rhetorical question there?

• Advertisement

Astonishing that The Levellers once headlined Glasto. A couple of tunes I could handle, no more. And spot on re the three acts from YNot. I've no worries about EP's lineup not being vastly superior to that.

Advertisement