Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you be taking a booster?

Options
1626364656668»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭deirdremf

9 days since the last post here. It looks as if people have lost interest in being vaxxed/boosted.

No news on the radio/tv anymore. The whole Covid thing has disappeared without trace.

What a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,570 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Or maybe it’s because most people are vaccinated at this stage and the current predominant strain isn’t as dangerous as the delta variant. What hasn’t disappeared is misinformation and stupidity, that lingers unabated apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,716 ✭✭✭Allinall

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭deirdremf

I'm not disappointed at all. I'm relieved.

But after two years of catastrophic news reports for something to disappear apparently without trace is strange to say the least, don't you think?

It was the first item on the news for so long, and often the only item on the news. And then - GONE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,570 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

You think it’s gone? 11k new cases today, over 600 in hospital, 64 in ICU. Good job so many are vaccinated and the current predominant strain is milder. Hence why the news isn’t as grim as it used to be.

Besides which, the economic affects of the pandemic are now coming to the fore in news, Covid and it’s affects will be here for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭thefallingman

So I’m double vaccinated since August and I’m not getting a booster for now , thought long and hard about it and will wait till at least 12 months before I even decide what to do,that’s what usual vaccines take

• Registered Users Posts: 9,380 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I know several people who are double vaccinated since last summer and also picked up Omicron around Xmas. They all said they have no intention of getting the booster when they become eligible in 3 months. They have strong protection with a hybrid immunity (vaccine + natural) but I think some might reconsider a booster as we enter Winter 2022. Hard to say.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

People will have no great issue with a COVID/flu jab being available annually but it certainly won't be these versions of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭hkjohn

Quick query re second booster jabs.

From talking to other people, I am pretty sure I had a mild dose of COVID just after St Patrick's Day.

Not 100% certain as antigen tests are notoriously fiddly and not totally reliable and the two I took at the time came back negative.

While HSE says you should wait four months for a second booster it says nothing about my sort of case on their website.

Anyone had a similar experience or got any advice?

Thanks in advance for your help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭Doc07

I’m not giving you individual medical advice but in general NIAC recommend that if someone (who is eligible for a 2nd booster) had a Covid infection since their first booster, they should wait 6 months after the infection before getting 2nd booster . That can be shortened to 4months by HSE for operational reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭hkjohn

Cheers for your thoughts

Advertisement