Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

Bit harsh kicking them out of the Eurovision song contest...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,433 ✭✭✭jmreire

WOW, where did the usual calm in complete control Mr. Putin go???? Obviously not his usual stage managed question and answer session, for sure. Are we seeing, for the first time the real Vladimir Putin???..jumping ahead into a future scenario, that just will not happen but he is preempting to justify a nuclear attack??? Seriously, whoever is advising him, needs to have a long hard chat with him. World wide, you can almost hear the Silo's being checked....his new found friends in China ( and elsewhere ) must be having serious second thoughts. Destroying Europe, and America Comrade? Da, Spassiba, but the rest of the planet??? NYET !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ahherelads2022

Maybe read what Putin says before you comment. He's not talking about an invasion, he's talking about Nato encroachment on the Russian border. The US is the one stoking this, they want Nord stream stopped at all costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,892 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Ok comrade. This is an insightful take. Can you tell us more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Actually, the US has been warning that if ND is out into operation,much of Europe will be beholden to Putin. And their warnings are coming to fruition now

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭paul71

Repeat. NATOs border with Russia is 400km longer than the Northern Ireland border. Encroachment my Arse.

Ah yes, Ahherelads... and another "its all the fault of the US " poster. Carry on, we've heard that one before...... lots of times !!!.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I can't remember ever seeing this side of putin , normally he sits there with a sly smile on his face, he's seems to have let the mask slip during that outburst ,

What's the movie saying the devils greatest trick was convincing the world he didn't exist ..

I don't get where he's going with nato putting nukes in Ukraine , ukraine gave it it's nuclear weapons to Russia ,so what makes anyone think Nato want nuclear weapons in every country

• Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Not at all. They're not even Europeans, unlike the Australians and the Israelis.

To Siberia with them.

Basically nothing will happen. You don't need to stay in mom's basement. Once the oil flows pockets grow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Kicking them out of the Eurovision is surely a step too far?

Edit...can't delete. I see post was done already.

Yes. The people of Russia will miss the sausage women and all the rainbow flags.

If kilometres of sub-sea fibre optic cable can go missing, I don't see why an undersea pipeline - not currently in use - can't go missing either. Even noisily... Those delinquent whales at it again 🙄

Same can be said for the pipelines on East Ukraine.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,150 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

@agoodpunt do not post in this thread again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Didn't Biden day during the week that if Russia invades, it would be the end of NS2.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

Europe shouldn't be buying anything from Putin, comrades should be more concerned about the pipelines in Western Ukraine.

Think so, Scholz will come under incredible pressure from allies to stop it. Still think it'd be safer to put several large holes in it, just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭circadian

I often reference this. Some things have already appeared to have happened on this manifesto.

"The United Kingdom, merely described as an "extraterritorial floating base of the U.S.", should be cut off from Europe."

"Ukraine should be annexed by Russia because "Ukraine as a state has no geopolitical meaning, no particular cultural import or universal significance, no geographic uniqueness, no ethnic exclusiveness, its certain territorial ambitions represents an enormous danger for all of Eurasia and, without resolving the Ukrainian problem, it is in general senseless to speak about continental politics". Ukraine should not be allowed to remain independent, unless it is cordon sanitaire, which would be inadmissible."

"Georgia should be dismembered. Abkhazia and "United Ossetia" (which includes Georgia's South Ossetia) will be incorporated into Russia. Georgia's independent policies are unacceptable."

Georgia is currently proposing trying for EU membership within the next year or so. I'd say that's a big no-no from the Russian perspective.

"Russia should "introduce geopolitical disorder into internal American activity, encouraging all kinds of separatism and ethnic, social and racial conflicts, actively supporting all dissident movements – extremist, racist, and sectarian groups, thus destabilizing internal political processes in the U.S. It would also make sense simultaneously to support isolationist tendencies in American politics"."

Sure, some of the stuff in this book is so off the wall it won't happen but there is definitely an ideology in play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Like agreements can only be written and signed..

Verbal agreements is a thing

• Advertisement

No, its very strange. And if I was China's Xi Jinping or North Korea's Kim Jong-un ( or indeed anyone else at that level world wide ) listening to that, then I'd be getting seriously worried about Mr. Putin's behavior, as I'm sure that his close circle of friends in the Kremlin are. ( unless of course it's all part of the script??? ) But to anyone else, it reads like (1) a threat, Give me what I want, or I'll pull the plug. (2) If you do not give me what I want, then what happens is all your fault. Chess??? But I will say this, there's a part of me hoping and praying that all of "invasion talk is Bullshit" posters are right.... and I'm wrong. Worrying times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Here was me being made to believe that propaganda only came from the bogey man's side of this.

War machine person giving lead role in an article to push for war.. well I never, the western powers would never look to fool their people into a war

Iraq

• Registered Users Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The United States is not the one who has put over 130,000 troops as well as 1000's of tons of tanks/equipment as well as nuclear capable Iskander missiles on the borders surrounding a sovereign country in recent weeks on three sides, is it?

The cyberwar is as it as ever been in full flight. Between useful idiots and actual accounts designed to mimic local parlence an automated waffle spreader that reacts to response is incredibly simple to construct folks would be amazed what can come out when you plug one into multiple language library sources.

Coupled with the consitent and increased threat of cyber attacks through mail intrusion. Like our own HSE. My own place has experienced an absolutely weird uplift in really poor and really sophisticated malware attempts over the last two weeks. Having had nothing of note for years.

These things don't occur in isolation. Even on this platform.

• You've been banging the American drum for over a year now. There has been no invasion.

Thankfully nobody important takes you seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Shao Kahn

No, you're quite right on that score Kermit.

It has actually taken the US and NATO many decades to get their weapons of war closer to the border of a sovereign state - something they agreed not to do btw.

But hey, if the west does it, it must be to keep the peace, right? Because we all know the western powers have been great at "keeping the peace"... just look at how peaceful the world has been the last 20 years! They even co-opted the "religion of peace" into their world peace efforts. Bravo west, great job!

Deliberately stepping on the toes of powerful nations like Russia and China, is not an effort towards keeping peace. This is an American led western power grab. Nations like Russia cannot be allowed to get too powerful, as they pose a threat to American and western hegemony. This isn't about Russia's threat to the world or their neighboring countries, this is about keeping Russia from challenging for global leadership.

It's not going to work, though. American dominance is fading every decade, and Putin can see the giant cracks opening up. China can too. Another war will not solve America's problems as an ailing super power. It won't even help to distract or cover them up. And I think Putin is far too clever to give them what they're looking for anyway. He'll keep playing the long game. We're facing into a cold war 2.0 - Russia's chance to rectify some historical mistakes they made in the soviet era.

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives, and it puts itself into our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." (John Wayne)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

Nope, your comparing Crimea to NI doesn't work.

Look at the demographics of Crimea:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Crimea

It's overwhelming Russian.

People commented back when the USSR collapsed that Crimea looked like an anomaly that it would find itself part of a nation state called Ukraine and not Russia. And guess what? Lines on maps change because the people within those regions decide to change them.

Seems like you are doing a great job representing Tsar Putin as well,Comrade

Are you on Prigozhins payroll maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭jolivmmx

I was speaking to an Irish Trump supporter in real life. He was so convinced that the Biden regimen is truly evil. He has much more faith in the Russians. Despite my attempts to point out some basic facts, it was impossible to have any form of meaningful discussion with him. In the US, it is now so polarised with right and left. People have been fooled into thinking that they have more in common with the outside people rather than those with “crazy, liberal” values. Divide and conquer

• Advertisement

Were back to putins awesome again.... What did I mention above...

Two things.

1. Putin isn't going to hug you for defending him on random Irish forum.

2. It's quite possible for America to be wrong.... And wait for it.... Russia to also be wrong.

In this current scenario a dictator who murders his opponents at home and abroad and steals billions from his citizens is being lauded by odd thinking people. He's attacking a neighbour who wanted to join an economic market to better its economy and thus its own citizens quality of life. How very noble and how very noble of you to defend these actions. Must feel reeeeal powerful.

Or contrary for the sake of it..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement