Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung S22 Launch Feb '22

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Maxxey

Anyone know if this is Exynos or SD? Is it single sim or dual sim for Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Which version (memory) and how long is the contract?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

They're nearly always dual sims so I'd be surprised if it was a single sim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭dan786

The Graphite colour looks the best to me but only available in UK.

Also crappy offer with Buds Pro, they can be got for around 100e from Amazon EU sites and will be flogged off for below that after people get these. Gone are the days where they use to give a Watch and Buds fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Agreed with you regarding the Buds Pro offer.No interest in them.

Id be delighted to get €100 for them when I sell them.More likely to have people making complete bs offers in adverts/done deal.

Anyone have a spare 10% code that they are not using?

Was not going to get one but going to go for it and get rid of my Fold 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

I asked about dual sim earlier but no definite answer. This is what Samsung.com says: *Availability of dual SIM may vary depending on country or carrier.

No SD card option either so onboard storage is even more critical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,132 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Not really good enough answer is it. If your spending this much on a phone direct from Samsung. You'd want to know what the model has on it.

But if you order from Samsung the model is marked as S908BDRGEUB which UK sites spec as having dual sim.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

The Fold prelaunch came with a crappy cover, pen and charger, the Buds Pro are a massive step up on that in my opinion, about 3 months after launch they gave the watch with them, they'll probably do the same again this time, they know people will go for the prelaunch option anyway so no point in throwing money away. There hasn't been a decent prelaunch bonus in years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,839 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Anyone got discount code please?

I have Samsung account but didn't get any code.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭Tony H

Really tempted ,€700 trading in 21 ultra 256GB inc 10% discount , main reason I love 21 ultra is the camera and no real camera upgrade with the 22 ,I'll probably suffer on with the 21 ultra ,maybe the wife will get it for my birthday .

The camera on the Fold is a major step back so that's another reason for my changing over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Any word on when they'll be shipping?

Any chance you will share the code if not ordering yourself?

25th is release date for Ultra

• Advertisement

Launchis the 25th, normally they'll dispatch them a few days before hand but if you pre-order them you should have them on the 25th. Saying that, knowing my luck it'll be after the weekend for me 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Keepitclean

Ordered a green s22 plus. 256gb. Moving from an s20 plus. I like the green one. But use a case so not going to be to noticeable.

Got it for €655 with the discount and trade in.

Says date for delivery is March 11th.

Looks like the S22 and the Plus are due for release on the 11th and the Ultra on the 25th, global chips shortage hits again I guess.

Any discount code please?

I am looking to get S22 ultra 256 GB but coming expensive now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭jamesd

They are dual sim, I checked on Samsung chat before I ordered the s22 plus 256GB this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Ive the same phone and they're only offering me €550 trade in.

What's this 10% code? Is it available for anyone to get or one of those unidays codes people get?

It was sent to people via email who registered their interest for the devices on Samsung site.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Ashley02

I've a S9+ which I absolutely adore but the battery is kaput, I've to charge it so frequently that I feel like I may as well be permanently plugged in! I'm not rushing into a replacement until I watch more YT videos etc on what the phone is like long term! Too much money to part with to end up regretting my decision!

First impressions, I feel annoyed that They've basically got rid of the Ultra phone and now the Ultra is a note (which doesn't interest me in the slightest as I'd never use the S pen), I'm considering a S21+ or S22+ or dare I even say it, an iPhone 13 pro max but the size puts me off a bit! I want a battery that'll last me at least a day and I want to get rid of the fear of panicking about the battery (which I've got right now!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,132 ✭✭✭✭listermint

So basically the S22 plus is exactly the phone you want.

And the ultra is one you don't. The pen inclusion doesn't make a difference to your needs/wants Tbf. There's a perfect phone in the middle for you. :)

The code for 10% off was a one use only code. A friend tried to use it and got an error saying already used.

I did that a few weeks ago. I must have another look in my Gmail but I'm pretty sure they didn't send anything.

Has anyone else registered but received nothing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭Tony H

tried to dm you the code but your profile is set to private , do you still want it?

Anyone else unable to purchase? I just get some weird error page with a code. Tried 4 times today.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

Can anyone recommend an Irish source for a case/screen protector etc?

(Thanks)

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Does anyone know what's going on with the trade in values through the samsung store?

Ive just received a Samsung push notification telling me you can avail up to €850 off the S22 if you trade in. When I click and go to the website it's telling me the max is €650?

I think you have to pick the most expensive ultra option to get that value. Seems to change with the phone you are buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

You're right. I just came back on to edit my post to say this. It only increases the trade in values for last year's models though it seems. My s10 remains at 310 when traded in against an ultra.

Harvey Norman also seem to be doing trade in with an extra €200 given when against an ultra or €100 against S22/S22+. Will drop into store today to see if they can beat the Samsung store offer

This is all I get when I try to pay.

I tried using my crypto.com card credentials and curve card credentials. But the text says it's an issue with the merchant.

Come on Samsung. I'm trying to give you my money😂

I was looking at pre-ordering via Harvey Norman, I've a few one 4 all cards and with their trade in offer, I could potentially get a 128gb S22 Ultra for €599 or the 128gb S22+ for €489. The look of the S22+ appeals more. I'll need to think more about this one!

I coudln't put a payment through via Mastercard, had to be Visa which was a pain in the arse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭kilsmum

Do you mind me asking what are you trading in and what you're being offered for the phone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭jamesd

Trading an s20 Plus 128GB and getting €370 for it.

I've a S9+ and if I went with the Samsung store, they would offer €260 off and I was told by Harvey Norman:

The price we have currently is between €30 and €170 euro, varying depending on condition of the phone, if its working and memory size. Please be advised that the value we give may fluctuate between now and the time of the trade in, which will be the day of collecting the new phone, as this new system is not yet implemented. 

On top of the value of the phone, when preordering the S22 series phones, we are giving a boost to the price you get for the old one. The amount of credit boost received is below:

9th-24th February- Pre Order:

•            S22 Ultra €200 enhanced Trade In (Note this value of €200 ends at COB on Launch Day)

•            S22 Plus €100 Enhanced Trade In

•            S22 €100 Enhanced Trade In

25th February- 31st March:

•            S22 Ultra €150 enhanced Trade In

•            S22 Plus €100 Enhanced Trade In

•            S22 €100 Enhanced Trade In

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭kilsmum

Thanks 😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Half tempted by the ultra , seems like an ok deal

Ultra 1299 - 10% 129 .90 . €1169.10

They are giving me €420 for a S20 plus

So I pay €749.10 and get Free Buds + free Disney plus for a year

I am very happy with the S20 plus , not sure if its worth the extra outlay

420 isn't bad for the plus in fairness and to come up 2 years isn't bad for 750,especially as you're saving 80 on Disney and 100 on the buds.

Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G 256 GB Phantom White

€1189 - unidays 15% off.

Trade In

Samsung Galaxy S21 Plus 5G 256GB - €490.00

Check out price:

€700.00

My Budget : €500 😵😶😏

• Advertisement

That's a decent price for a trade in, if you could sell the Buds Pro and the Disney+ Sub it might get you closer to your budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭1123heavy

Is it worth it buying directly from samsung? I am looking at the S22 ULTRA 128GB BLACK.

I have an avios account and can earn 3 pts for every 1eu spent, it's questionable as to whether it's worth it. I can also buy the phone from Vodafone from 1179EU. Any ideas? The disney and earphone offer from samsung doesn't mean anything to me

I had an A50 which is no longer functioning, currently with a Motorola G50 which isn't meeting my needs to say the least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Been checking the harvey norman website, am i missing something? it says i can preorder, but then just continues to the payment page. No option to see about tradeins etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Spoke to chat and they sent me this link, it is in store only for tradeins and preorder?

• Advertisement
Advertisement