Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Its coming up to this time of the year again, hopefully we might hear an announcement soon.

Post edited by bodhrandude on

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Hopefully not the same weekend as Sea Sessions.

Wild roots is also on same weekend as Forbidden Fruit. Don't need another cross over.

Well Endainoz its two years later and applications have went live again, just applied there about 15 minutes ago.

I reckon there might be an announcement mid week, Wednesday or Thursday are usually the days B&S like to announce on, the reason I say this is the volunteer applications have went live, they usually become available immediately after an announcement so I think one is up and coming.

Endainoz where the hell are ya?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,003 ✭✭✭endainoz

Just silently following as usual! Cheers for the heads up re volunteering.

Not much activity on the Body&Soul Facebook page yet, it seems their last post was January 1st. Dying for some more festival announcements to help me through the last throes of winter and the flat hunting madness.

There will be an announcement next week. From the Overheard in Body and Soul Facebook group.

'The wait is nearly over.

Before we go wild with general ticket sales next week, we wanted to say thank you to everyone who has been by our side these past two years.

If this sounds like you, hit the link below to register for our presale list to get early access to limited tickets days before everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Just to add to that bodhrandude, they said the following in an email I received today:

"After a 2-year hiatus and some proper time out to rethink and reimagine - the pioneering Body&Soul Festival of music and arts is flipping its usual format on its head - halving its numbers and doubling its curatorial commitment.

With just 5,500 tickets available, the 3-day, meticulously curated event will see a complete reimagining vision of its stunning festival grounds and unique programme, which transforms the woodland, lakes and medieval walled gardens across Ballinlough Castle Estate, Co.Meath.

The surprise-filled weekend unfolds under an annual theme on the Summer Solstice - which this year will be ‘Betwixt & Between’ a nod to the concept of Liminality and the place in which we find ourselves after the last two years.

Throughout the magical festival grounds, groundbreaking music artists, theatrical interludes, beautiful art installations, gastronomic experiences, fragrant cocktails, masquerade balls and indulgent wellbeing areas come together to provide a weekend of sensory exploration. 

With sustainability behind everything they do, in 2022, Body&Soul plans on being the first circular festival in Ireland, through a programme of recycling, reusing and repurposing all elements of the Festival’s production."

Pre-sale tickets were €200 but are sold out already. Hopefully it works out for them, one of the best festivals in the country consistently over the past 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Are tickets expected to sell out straight away then yeah? Looking to go to B+S for the first time, always loved their area at the picnic, will never forget La Galaxie there in 2013.

• Advertisement

No harm in subscribing to their website for email update as there is probably a link through that for tickets too. Actually there is a presale link there too.

https://bit.ly/PreSaleSignUp_?fbclid=IwAR1sCngIkQN31lwA_f80NOv6zWw8NnhOOdOVQqojySNkcU2T6gfHeca2FB0

Yup its seems to be on the same dates alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I'd say this will sell like hot cakes with the halving of the capacity

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭RINO87

I like this approach - the early B+S were absolute belters and were never about the big acts. Its mad to think that the main stage used to be INSIDE the garden! Hopefully this means the return of reckless in love to it's proper home in the woods, it was never the same since it was moved out to the big field.

Looking forward to this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,003 ✭✭✭endainoz

I am intrigued by the idea as well. I've never been to body and soul but an approach like this will make them entirely unique in a crowded market. Will be applying to volunteer for this one for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Yeah, fair play to them. If that's a sustainable model, it'll be very welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Peesh89

Myself and a few friends bought tickets yesterday for the Leave No Trace campsite.

We weren't planning on going but love the reimagining of things and the lower numbers, can't wait now!

107 days friends, not long at all 😋

• Registered Users Posts: 10 KeithM94

Hey everyone, just bought my ticket and I'm pumped! Nature is healing.

I was initially surprised to see its only 5500 tickets for sale this year, but I've now read that they're also honouring any tickets for 2020 if ya kept it. Wonder if that means the numbers will be greater then? What ye thinking?

Haven't heard anything more on the social medias about this since, hopefully some action soon.

• Advertisement

Keep getting some error message the length of the screen right at the end of the checkout for payment plan tickets.

Maybe you should message them on Facebook or Twitter.

Whatever happened to Alo Wala, they played Body&Soul in 2015 and blew everyone away and then they just disappeared into the ether, which is a pity I thought they would go on to bigger things, maybe they need to be rebooked for B&S so people remember them again.

To follow up on this, they got back to me and they’re looking into it. Hopefully it’s not something on my end but I can’t see what it could be. Shame they’re not just on ticketmaster.

I suppose its difficult to out guess who B&S might book this year but more and more festivals, new ones too are scooping up all the acts and now we're nearly into mid March so about three and a bit months away. I think the time of the fairly big headliners from 2013 - 2015 are gone if the festival is shrinking to 5,500 capacity. Maybe and I've said this loads of time they should book Belfast electronic producer Max Cooper.

This Nialler article suggests that B&S are changing their format and will not name the headliners for their bill, so surprises more for the 5,500 punters who converge this year, hopefully they sell all the tickets then with the brave decision not to name their festival guests.

I scooped up 2 tickets just there, haven’t got a notion what to expect, the closest to body and soul I’ve been to is their area at EP. Really looking forward to it nonetheless, the lineup is only about half the experience for me with festivals.

True, I think its quite an interesting concept, the festival is saying 'Trust Us' and its all about surprises, although I've heard others say maybe they've just scimped on the line up. But I don't care now as B&S is always a wonderful experience. Thinking fantasy here but I'm imagining stumbling into one of their surprise stages and finding Richard, D. James spinning the decks under the alias Polygon Window and doing his Surfing on Sine Waves special, that would be gob smackingly good. :)

• Advertisement

I'm quite surprised about the lack of interaction on this thread, it used to get the most criticism for their line ups getting weaker, but now they state that they are keeping the line up from us till we get there. What do you folk think, could the festival flop adopting this style or do you think it would work. I'd hate to think I'm watching amazing acts and not knowing their fecking names and no one else none the wiser. I'm going to work it anyway and see what transpires.

Post edited by bodhrandude on

Advertisement