Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Thread - Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Fair play to Ballygunner, despite all the wides and coming back to a point and Ballyhale pulling away and then getting a goal with the last puck of the game. Great performance and well done to them, great to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

WOW. WHAT A FINISH.

GREAT TO SEE A WATERFORD TEAM WIN IN CROKE PARK

• Registered Users Posts: 38,305 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Funking yess

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭decies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

How mad was that..congrats Ballygunner i was sure Ballyhale would close it out and probably deserved to but somehow BG came up with a moment of magic, what a way to win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheScoringGoal

Jesus Dessie is some player. I don't want to be dismissive of the other Ballygunner forwards as a couple of them are still improving but he is top top class.

Also that save from O Keeffe was superb, it's incredibly difficult to save those as you can't read how the ball will come off the hurley.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭skaface

What a way to win an All lreland. We don't make it easy for ourselves here in Waterford.. Up the Deise 👍

Delighted for Ballygunner and the sports god are cruel and a bit of karma for Ballyhale considering how they won the AI semi final and Leinster Semi

What a boost this will do for Waterford Hurling

Oh to be leaving Croker in July after us lifting liam

• Registered Users Posts: 15 OverTheBarPOints

What a way to win,Ballygunner done a Ballyhale on it ,last second goal no way back on the Biggest day ,Perfect! 🤌We’ll done to the Gunners All Ireland Champions.🏆 The most important thing is Waterford Won an All Ireland 🏆today not just BallyGunner. Thank You!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭blueflame

Carlsberg don’t do all Ireland wins but if they did…….😎

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭JD. 60

On the way home from Croke Park ; couldn't watch much more of that football game. Thought Ballygunner had blown it but it's not over until the fat lady sings ; karma for Ballyhale. Dessie kept them in it all through; Pairic might have missed some scores but he landed some important points under pressure. Could be Waterford's year !

Ballygunner home coming

8.30pm tonight in the Ballygunner church car park

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Mad about baa baas

Congrats to ballygunner..very well taken chance at the end..dessie is class..

Same ending in the Football for Kilco, unbelievable day for the underdog

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

I'm so delighted for Ballygunnar. Ballyhale have won it plenty of times. Nice to see a new team winning it. So delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Pudz2180

Congrats ballygunner on finally reaching the promised land. Incredible finish, what must harry ruddle be thinking now? his name will go down in the history books of Waterford GAA, magic stuff. great to see a Waterford senior team winning an all Ireland in croker. Should give the inter county team a big boost.

Some one just pointed this out to me. After a great game of hurling and incredible finish this is the first thing Eddie Brennan tweets after the game! What a gobshite

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Dammo

In fairness, it’s up there among the worst speeches ever given in Croke Park.

Having said that, it shouldn’t in any way detract from a great day for Ballygunner.

Good to see multiple All-Ireland winner Eddie Brennan show some understanding on a great day for a player from a club winning their, and their county’s, first ever title.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

Brennan would do well to remember his own foot in mouth episode not so long ago that cost him his Laois job.

Post edited by Mastermcgrath on

Speech was a disaster he wasn’t at all comfortable doing it but he didn’t mean any disrespect to ballyhale was just nerves, just taught brennans tweet was out of order no need for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭JD. 60

Think you’re missing the point about Eddie Brennans tweet.

Sour grapes on Brennans part and displays a lack of class. Maybe he’s trying desperately to remain relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Dammo

No, I agree with you 100%. He should have made allowances for the fact that it was all new to Coughlan and cut him some slack.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Motivator

Just home now from the game and have to say fair play to Ballygunner. I’m not a Ballygunner man and I battled with them for years but you couldn’t be anything but delighted for the club. The likes of Flynner and Fergal would have inspired the lads playing today.

I’ve seen plenty of people saying they were lucky, our own club WhatsApp blew up and the win is being branded as “poxy”. I don’t agree with that at all. If Ballyhale scored another last minute winner everyone would be saying they were brilliant because they didn’t give up. I don’t see how the narrative should change because it’s Ballygunner.

I see young Barry Coughlan is getting a bit of grief for his speech. I wish people would give it a break and have a bit of understanding. He was clearly very nervous and after what had happened probably 5 minutes before, I think it would be very difficult to compose yourself in that situation. Nothing wrong with his speech at all and who cares anyway. He’s a Waterford man delivering an all Ireland winning speech in Croke Park. Good luck to them and I hope they enjoy themselves for a few days. Best day in a very long time for Waterford hurling.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheScoringGoal

Eddie Brennan's slip up on the podcast wasn't even his worst mistake.

Here's him showing his class in any case anyone is unaware

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/what-the-interviewing-gardai-said-to-robbery-suspect-1.365728

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Stoolie

Way too much diving looking for frees in the game today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

I agree the speech was a complete car crash, like he was reading it off an A4 page but still managed to make a Hames of it? Using expletives with the GAA president and Taoiseach right behind!

what’s the point of having joint captains anyway? Philip Mahony looked like a spare wheel up there but he might have been the better man to give the speech

Could we see some of the guys on the line today on both sides to be the future Waterford senior management team ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭decies

An all ireland Club title has come home to Waterford and people are yapping on about the speech jeez 😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Rustyman101

Good narrative, I doubt Barry C though he would be giving that speech wasn't the best but for FFS, hard to be composed and slick aftrra game like that ! Anyways up the gunners & Deise ABU !

Not often you walk out of croker a winner being a blaa !

• Advertisement

Head still in a maze over that win, it was the most Hollywood unique way of winning the AI

My god wasn't it great to have 'don't stop believing' been played over the PA in a positive way

Advertisement