Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

Didn't want to say anything until sale of my ID.3 agreed today, but I have taken the soup😁 and ordered a M3 RWD in January. Originally White for May delivery, changed to Midnight Silver and then pounced on an inventory White on one of the current shipments (Last Sat 5th about midday). Car has been allocated to me, will have whenever, hopefully by mid March. (No VIN as yet)

Colour wise, I am not too fussy, like the Red, Midnight Silver and White. But wasn't going to pay an extra €2474 for the Red. In my area (West Wexford) I only ever see a Blue and Black one, White is still a rarity! But I find my white ID.3 easy to keep clean, still looks well when a little dirty and is cooler in summer.

Perhaps I am mad, but you only regret the things you didn't do. Love my ID.3 which has been faultless for the last 27K km (Except for a few minor hissies when new) but excited and looking forward to the M3.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

No, just the standard 18". Would have liked the 19"(Even better if black), but don't think they would have liked the roads I travel on a lot..

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

Mmm... I've been told a lot by Tesla CS n reps we'll see in the Feb numbers. For Ireland to be on par with UK in numbers they should be delivering 2000+ cars a year.

No.2 car UK last year Vs no 39 in Ireland speaks volumes that Ireland is the poor relation.

Hyundai and Kia delivered nearly 600 ev's each in Jan additional registrations expected Feb. Supposed to be big numbers in April also.

Shows the difference HKMC (Hyundai Kia Motor Company) take the Irish market seriously. Refreshing also the Irish specs are way better than UK specs also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

I think the M3 you've ordered it is the best new car one can buy in this price range. If you don't want a SUV that is. I was asked "what you don't like about your car" and I paused for a bit. Said "I miss Android Auto, cause it is easier to stream books through audible". Then I realised how minor it sounds. Yesterday red there might be a Tesla app store soon so my issue might get resolved and I'll have to think of something else I don't like. I can't say the CEO. Maybe that is too flashy? Some still think it is a 100k car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭trackdaychamp

In the last week, one of the Tesla Ireland team told me that there is a possibility of retro fitting tow hitches after delivery. Zero promises or no guarantee but once you have your car then ask service centre directly. This potential solution has come up because the tow hitches are so jammed up in production/supply. Would be nice...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Tesla SC in Dublin very understaffed and carry pretty much zero parts, they can’t handle current Tesla numbers in Ireland never mind another 600 coming to Rosslare next week. Like most businesses in Ireland they simple can’t find the right staff at present, huge labour shortages

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

So where are the 600 Tesla's going to be picked up they struggled with low numbers of pickup already.

600 a week is believable in the UK 2400 a month from I think 15+ collection points, but that doesn't make sense either 600 *52 = 31,200. They delivered 34,783 cars in the UK last year so delivering less this year? sounds like people pulling numbers out of the air.

Sorry I don't buy they even have the infrastructure to do 600 collections. Even if the start out of Mahon also.

Has anyone had any notification of any other collection points.

Would be great if they do would finally show their taking the Irish market seriously. But after my dealings as a Tesla "customer" I remain skeptical.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Petetheroadie

They now have a pickup site in Baldonnell apparently with lots of room.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭JDilleen

The National Vehicle Distribution centre in Baldonnell, literally somewhere big enough to deliver a large volume of cars.

I think we all get it, you had a negative experience 🥱

Mine has been nothing but plain sailing so far and I'm buzzing for my collection. Even got my license plater number yesterday 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭MikeyJoyce

My pickup is here in baldonnell which looks to have tons of room

Is this meant to be the Tesla appreciation society other opinions aren't welcome? I think its valid for people to see and understand the Tesla business model.

I would have appreciated to know this when I placed my order. So you mightn't find it valuable but others may and may not necessarily post here.

Simple questions for you dose the Tesla model deliver a premium customer service experience and secondly is telsa servicing the Irish market in the same proportion they are support other RHD markets (UK for example).

On delivery it not just the space it the logistics and staffing. I think max delivered in one quarter last year was shy of 300.

I haven't seen too much evidence of scale up in CS, one poster even said Tesla are severely understaffed.

Other OEM's would struggle with that with a network of dealers. Of course Tesla model will be more efficient (less customer focused) and fair play to them if they do it.

So far I must say that the customer service has been excellent, dealing mainly with Cork. Any time I couldn't get through a call back has been more or less instant.

Possibly the collection experience may be a little more "interesting", but looking forward to it..

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Ricey3509

My registration details are in my account now for delivery on the 22nd

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Tesla mightn't deliver brilliant customer service but I can tell you I had to drive from Dublin to Tyrone yesterday. I stopped at castlebellingham to get a quick charge and a coffee...painless.

Didn't feel too happy for the 2 cars queuing at the ESB charger behind the Mercedes EQC jeep.

15 minutes and I had my coffee, toilet break and was gone.

I'm currently leaving Tyrone shortly and it's great to know that I'll arrive in castlebellingham on around 20% and a quick splash and dash and I'll be gone.

No waiting, no queuing...nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Petetheroadie

Were you in a blue Model 3 with Aero wheel caps removed?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭PaulJoseph22

Yeah my brother concurs, they don’t have customer service, it’s dire. They basically ignored the dire paint job on his car, the Ill fitting panels, the list is endless.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭speedfreak

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭trackdaychamp

I don’t think that people are saying that you can’t have an alternative opinion but hanging around in another manufacturer’s forum to bang the same drum over and over is maybe not the best thing for yourself or others. Baldonnell is HUGE. Delivery delays are well known and have never been disputed by anybody on here including myself but to be fair there are people who snapped up cars from Inventory page on website in Jan or even Feb who will have their cars in March. We get that you’re annoyed about your €100. I’ll send you a refund myself if we can all just move onwards and upwards please. Last bit was a joke before you send me your IBAN. Criticism is fair enough but maybe focus on your own lovely new machine and enjoy it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭PaulJoseph22

its not an appreciation forum and I think it’s against the rules of this forums to tell people what they can or can not post.

if you don’t like seeing how it really is for others, well take your own advice.

https://insideevs.com/news/535014/tesla-models-plaid-build-quality/amp/

Post edited by PaulJoseph22 on

Jez Tesla owners are starting get a bit of a holier than thou attitude don't want someone sullying up yer forum, don't know why yer taking it so personally. Delays are not well known based on what is consistently communicated from CS, but maybe now there starting to get more realistic (August delivery dates). Never slagged off owners here or the car (still think it's fabulous).

All I did this time was query if Tesla was only going to do 2/3 delivery slots this year, and then query some questionable figures mentioned based on what was delivered in UK and Ireland last year.

Ye could always just ignore me too 😉

I'll tell you what if your offering the money give it to charity and send us the receipt 🤑

Cool. There’s was a white RWD with 19” in inventory for a few days there and gone now.

the 19” are fine. They have a big side wall profile. I’m on 21” and just as comfy as the 19” on our ICE.

I think your brother is the only person that was dealt like this. Anyone else that had the paint issues got them resolved.

Something doesn’t sound right with your stories.

I think people who collected their cars during the pandemic forgot that they were in a pandemic.

Expecting one on one deliveries and to be treated like royalty etc

99% of cars collected were the base model cars . Let’s be honest here, we were not collecting mega money super cars.

Go take a look at Audi. Same issues Q4 eTrons being delayed left right and Centre. You can’t get a Kia eNiro until September, a Kia, who would have thought that just a few years back.

Some people had bad experiences because of the above, I know people who bought 130k BMW’s during lock down and there was just enough fuel to make it to the petrol station, no personal handover etc yet people complain a Tesla is not fully fueled up.

I don’t know. Sometimes I get treated better in my local Tesco Express than I do in large car dealerships but that’s life.

Get on with it.

Saw that one alright, but managed to bag one of the few with 18" wheels that popped up yesterday week.

My present ID.3 has 18" wheels with 55mm and is good on the broken and poor roads, the M3 has 45mm on same size wheels. I wouldn't like much less rubber on the country roads of south Wexford.

A lad who picked up in December shared his experience the waiting room was "interesting".

The difference is the other OEM's in the majority are communication the delays. I had an order for an EV in July and at least they came back and said they were not sure when I'd get it and refunded the deposit.

With Tesla it was 5 months of "we expecting to allocate you a vehicle soon". Can remember ever once told no you won't have a car outright around the deliveries. Was always after the fact "you were not allocated a car".

I went with Tesla in august as they said the delivery would be quick where as the other OEM said January (which ended up being accurate).

Your seem to be happy with your experience (but actually getting a car might have re-enforced that the opposite for me). What's wrong with giving both sides and letting people decide. I was on the fence order wise in August if there was a lad like me whining giving the other side might have saved me a lot of hassle.

But back to the main point I made how do you feel Tesla are at serving the market demand in Ireland compared to other countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

anybody got the 2022.4.5? They fixed few things on the GUI side. Unfortunately no visible timer on music player. Only when you scroll through. I thought it is a bit punchier from still but this may be just an illusion. Also the app had an update this week. Now I have the charging stats for the last 31 day. Hopefully we'll get driving stats as well. I'm hoovering at 450 kWh per month.

Very similar to me buying an eNiro in June last year for my father in law.

Salesman “yes it’s ready to go”

We collected the car on the 1st Oct!

Theres a thread on here about Audi doing the same at the moment.

madness.

It would turn you off buying new.

• Advertisement

The 45 and 55 are % figures. No mm figures.

what are the OEM widths of the tyres?

Advertisement