Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

So they'll be turning it twice this year? Is there anything in the 1919 Constitution appointing someone with a grandiose title to count the number of turns? Does the Grand Turn Counter have to have some kind of hereditary connection to the 1916 rising like being the grand-nephew of the guy who sold Padraig Pearse some shoelaces that very week?

I must admit to having lost track of all the usual suspects over the last year or so as they all turned, rather predictably, into Covid deniers and anti-vaxxers. However, I have seen a few pop up in recent judgments. Judge Allen, presumably fed up with their nonsense, went and called out Lay Litigation Ireland's prime movers by name in a recent judgment (Tucker v. Havbell DAC) where they failed as "mediators" and failed to name the correct entity in proceedings issued. In the end, the plaintiff had his action struck out as "frivolous, vexatious and bound to fail" and ended up the subject to a limited Isaac Wunder order. Top work lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

@Robbo you wouldn't happen to have a link to that report - could do with some thing funny to read this afternoon !!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

If they turn it twice won't that leave it back the way it was? seems like a complete waste of time to me.

where does this 'seal' be kept the other 364 days of the year ? surely something that important can't be stored on a counter in someone's kitchen ?

What happens if a cat jumped up and knocked it over and broke it ? would we have to dissolve the Irish state and go back to tribal warfare between clans over cows?

what protection does the keeper of seal have in place to ensure the stability of the country?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

• Advertisement

I liked this part

The reliance he would now place on the Havbell’s agreement to accept €310,000 in settlement of his debt is inconsistent with his clear repudiation of that agreement by proposing a settlement of €250,000 and five farthings in the euro for the balance of the debt, payable eight months after the date on which proposed personal insolvency arrangement might have been approved by the Circuit Court

some very impressive mathematics by the judge.

that was a tough read - in essence the judge finally pulled the plug on the circular nonsense - it shows the basics of the tactic ... keep litigation going as long as possible knowing you'll never win but it keeps you in the property.

What I find interesting is the comment about the costs of previous actions - the court has more or less acknoledged that the litigant in all likelihood will never actually pay any of the costs awarded against him. Which I suppose is a difficult one for the courts.

Obviously people need access to the courts system and financial weight shouldn't be an exclusion ... however there is a balance between fair access and abuse of the system. Issac Wunder rulings play a part in these but are like the nuclear option. Would there be any mechanism where by a litigant would have to show either proof of payment of previous cost awards or formal agreements to discharge the debt before being allowed to take another action?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Quiz time for a Monday.

When your wife is admitted into ICU at Beaumont Hospital and is on a ventilator the last few days and in a coma, do you....

A) Rush to Dublin to be at her bedside and let the medics do their thing to aid her recovery?

B) Rush to Dublin and burst into the Four Courts demanding emergency injunctions under the Nuremberg Code?

C) Phone up the hospital from your home in North Mayo and Facebook live stream calls to young student nurses?

D) Wander around Dublin barracks and demand that Gardaí arrest various corrupt people for a long list of charges, all of which are more spurious than the last or next.

Answers on a postcard please, marked "Integrity Ireland competition."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

jesus, just checked in on him, so, the swabs used for pcr tests contain carcinogens that break off go into your body and give you brain damage....

this man needs to be sectioned

But don't forget to buy the book ... his HAP payments won't pay for a sufficient house for his family ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭BnB

This is petty but anyway. I was reading the 17 (mainly glowing) reviews of one of his books on Amazon. Then I was clicking into the people who reviewed it and looking at their other reviews (these people genuinely fascinate me)

Anyway, one chap called Gabriel W who states in his review of yer mans book.... "This book verifies my own research over the years and adds a lot more information"

Looking at the rest of his reviews, he also has a review of a Logitech Keyboard where he only gave it 3 stars because "While using the keyboard, the '@' symbol was not correctly marked on the keys. It was eventually located at 'shift 2' which again was incorrectly marked. Now that I know I can manage ok, but it's the reason for the three stars"

I think it gives a good insight into the level of research Gabriel W is is up to...!!!! Anyway, as I said, Petty - but id did give me a chuckle this morning

that tells you that gabriel w is using a UK keyboard with windows set for a US keyboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭BnB

Exactly - But more importantly, it tells you the level of "research" that Gabriel is capable of. A quick google would have found that out for him in about 3.5 seconds.

the prolific author is now going to seek donations of €100k to purchase a 'modest' house with some land - as the government handouts he currently gets can't sustain him, his family and the lifestyle.

Of course it will be a HQ for followers and like minded individuals.

If you were in anyway cynical you'd almost think it was like the start of a cult or something

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Serjeant Buzfuz

His High Court application against Beaumont seeking injunctions was summarily refused, maybe he should have read his own guide to legal actions....

He must be in some debt ... does he have a 'day job' ... or is he being maintained by the establishment which he is fighting against ?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭generic_throwaway

With the story about Catriona Carey's recent activities being published on RTE today, it reminded me of the Rodolphus Allen Trust (of which, I did not realise, she was one of the prime movers). What ever happened to that? It seems to have faded away, with nothing of note in the news media and certainly no convictions. I guess the leaders just kept the cash?

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Liberty_Bear

Brings me back to Ben Gilroy - all this freeman nonsense

From the boards.ie archive

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2056952034/ben-gilroy-direct-democracy-ireland-and-freemen

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭BattleCorp1

It is alleged that one legal professional mentioned earlier in this thread was directing people to the services of Catriona Carey.

On a totally different matter, where would I go if I wanted a barrister to train me to represent myself in court?

• Advertisement

It's her from Chara Legal, formerly of Lay Litigation Ireland. Her and the other half of LLI were also directors of a company with Catriona Carey, mentioned earlier on in this thread and in this thread about the recent RTÉ programme. The Venn diagram of people from this thread gets ever more congested.

I see CAPSLOCK DAMO has managed to find himself on the wrong end of another High Court order, this time for refusing to leave a property that has been in receivership since 2016.

Counsel said his client’s solicitor had received correspondence purportedly on behalf of the defendants that was “extraordinary, eccentric and absurd”.

It appeared to state that the Gibneys had full title to the premises, and that they had entered into a valid lease with Toro Grande.

The correspondence, counsel added, also contained various other claims and included a quote from the Bible’s Book of Hebrews.

The material also appeared to contained the Gibneys’ signatures, alongside “thumb prints in a red liquid”.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

A quick google tells me that there are at least half a dozen other tile stores within that industrial estate alone , so whatever capslock is selling, it'll not be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

i have missed that request, but then again his live stream videos are over an hour long each and I tend to be headbutting my keyboard after about 3 minutes.

I watched a few minutes of one this morning, said, there were professional trolls on the internet trying to undermine his character, but that was just because they knew the tide was turning and they had sided with evil and would pay the consequences when the righteous came to power.....

glimpses of

• Registered Users Posts: 34,888 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Anyone above a room-temperature IQ is in danger once that lot take over. First up against the wall!

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

it's gone beyond someone I just thought as a crank with too much time on his hands.

His wife is obviously very ill - I've no idea with what but if she was in the neuro ICU in beaumont she isn't in a good position as beds there are for the most seriously I'll people in the country.

He is claiming he has power of attorney over her - which I'd be doubtful he has. I've been down that route with my mam in the last decade and was unsuccessful - it is not an easy thing to get and needs a solicitor and doctors along with family to be involved. As he seems to not trust anyone I am assuming he didn't engage any of them in the process and jus drew up his own etch-a-sketch of a legal looking document.

Anyway - that's a tangent - as he is now saying that as having POA it is the very sick woman's instance that she receive no test, treatment or otherwise for anything to do with covid. He is trying to dictate what she can and can't be treated for .. including a virus which can kill medically vulnerable people - I just can't square that circle.

he also made a reference to helping a polish family get Power of Attorney over their ill family member in castlebar general hospital in the past few weeks - we can all make assumptions as to what this entailed - however the fact that he feels that he is in a position to act as legal advisor to people which may or may not impinge on their health care is very worrying indeed.

On a side note - even though he was marching in and out of the Four Courts and serving 'legal' papers on Beaumont hospital he wants his wife to be cared for by the hospital as they are the best ????

Listening to him is like self inflicted jihad on your own brain

Are you referring to an enduring power of attorney? they do take some time. It must also be started while the donor is compos mentis. they take weeks to make active when the donor is no longer capable. He could have a general power of attorney but they lapse when the donor no longer has mental capacity. if he does have a general power of attorney then it is my understanding that he can refuse treatment on her behalf but I am open to correction on that.

yeah it was EPOA I was trying to secure - but just a little too late in making the application and the doc wouldn't sign off on it (in the subsequent years it has been an absolute ball ache as it wasn't in place)

But surely he'd have to have gone to a solicitor to have gotten POA over his wife's affairs and from what I can see he most definitely wouldn't be the type to go to a solicitor's office.

As for refusing treatment - if he does have POA and refuses treatment the hospital can always go the legal route to have the courts decide if the treatment can be given.

Regardless - imagine your spouse insisting that the doctors don't treat you for a virus that could kill you.

I dont think you need a solicitor for a general power of attorney. They don't need to be registered.

regarding the EPOA it is something that needs to be well in advance. for my mother we just about got it done in time. it was a very close thing. by the time she reached the stage where we had to activate it that process took so long she died before we had a chance to use any of the powers. best part of 3K in legal fees for something we never got to use.

I wasn't aware of that for general POA.

My mother is severely demented at the moment and my dad passed away just after she went in to residential care. Dad of course didn't have a will and as all assets transfer to mam we have zero 'legal' control over anything financially or to do with the house.

I am in the process of applying to be a care rep in the circuit court but the powers there are really limited and I believe just give me some say in medical / fair deal processes .. but nothing else.

I can't even see how much money she has in her bank account at the moment !

• Advertisement

Are you going through the ward of court process? When we were doing the EPOA we were warned how difficult the process is and how limited the powers are. also, how expensive it is. I hope it works out for you.

Advertisement