Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The PGA Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Amazing shot, reminiscent of Harrington on 17th at Royal Birkdale

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Interesting leaderboard at the Farmers

Zalatoris would be a few ahead if he hadn't missed those short putts. He looks so uncomfortable on the greens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭AyeGer

Jason Day joint leader in the Farmers tonight, good to see him back playing well again. A win would do him good.

World number 129 now, hard to believe. Still only 34 so would be good to see him come back

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Those highlights leave me quite confused as to what actually happened

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,516 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Bad daybfir Seamus Power, he'll start the final round two back.

Jordan Spieth took on a shot today that I'm sure most wouldn't. His ball landed a couple of feet short of a 65' drop. I deffo wouldn't be attempting to hit from there but he did and made a par and then went on fire for the rest of the round. Started the day 10 back, shoots 63 and he's one back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Just looked up that Spieth shot, pretty cool, a lot of us jump back out of it at impact so would be a lot safer hitting that shot than a pro! 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Spieth looking good here

Well with Seamus out of the picture I've never problem saying he deserves it for taking on that shot on the edge of a 60+ foot drop yesterday.

I'd guess there's many, many pros who would, just like me, take a drop there.

Anyone see the hole in one on 16 at Phoenix? Absolute scenes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭coillcam

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭josey_whale

Ortiz I think has done it also on 16

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

And a 2 on the 17th for another eagle. Back to back!

I have to say, I love the 16th hole at the Waste Management. And the rain of beer cans is funny to be fair but I'm glad it only happens at one tournament every year

• Registered Users Posts: 18,011 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Have to get myself over to the Phoenix open at some stage, looks some craic with the super bowl to come!!

https://twitter.com/PeterFinchGolf/status/1492952717433528321?t=ic6J5m_gzYyEMG5TXGg_zg&s=19

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

Next year the Superbowl is being played in Phoenix so the place will be absolutely hopping

Harry Higgs is some baby. Love what he done, didn't expect Dahmen to join in.

This is one of my favourite events on the tour. It's on my bucket list to get to that event.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

What channel now? Sky showing DP tour??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

Can scheffler finally win!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Exciting final round swinging every way

Play off

Was hoping Scheffler would make that, poor effort though

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Got the win in the end! Did it the hard way but delighted for him to finally get it over the line. Great putt to finish!

Surely they could've used 16 or 17 for the playoff?

Overall I thought it was an excellent tournament though

Looking forward to Riviera next week

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

Great tournament to watch in fairness. Happy for Scheffler to win. What's the deal with Cantlay though? There's a lot to admire about his swing and putting, but he's not the most endearing. He seems like a really cold fish with the derisory handshake at end with Scheffler. Hardly magnanimous. He seemed to get under Lowry's skin at the Ryder Cup and Lowry barely shook his hand, and I remember it was the same in the play-off with DeChambeau last year. I could be doing the guy a complete disservice though.

As for the scenes at the 16th, I'm not sure about that. You can't be setting precedents for those drunk muppets throwing plastic beer containers onto the green, not just for holes in one, but also for a chip-in for JT who was not impressed. It messes up the green for the other players in the group and causes a delay back on the tee. They'll have to erect netting for next year I reckon. And the majority of those idiots are not golf fans. I saw a compilation of interviews with some of them, and it was serious cringe.

Other thoughts:

Koepka really should have won that - if he'd had his iron play sorted he could have been 2 or 3 ahead at the end.

Felt really sorry for Theegala who gave it a great shot and was a breath of fresh air.

Schauffele really bottled his putt on the 72nd hole! He is a guy who should be winning more tournaments.

Simon Holmes on Sky is a really good commentator and analyst. He has some great insights He's better than Coltart and Beem who were on with him last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

I think Lowry's was more due to his slow play, didn't notice anything between the the two of them last night. JT was quite literally the opposite of not impressed, he was egging the crowd on after he chipped in. But I agree too much for a chip in but it's a welcome change to some of the duller smaller events, the two aces were incredible scenes.

Don't think Holmes is suited to commentary, gave some good swing tit bits but jesus was miles off on some calls. He said Koepka is more suited to courses where he can bully and overpower the golf courses. What is he smoking? Koepka thrives on being patient and does far better the harder the courses are, just look at his major record. Absurd call

As regards the 16th, it's different to anything else in golf. It's one hole in one tournament annually. It's to be enjoyed for what it is.

They clean up immediately after everything that's thrown from the stands. It doesn't affect the greens or anything else because the place is rock hard.

It's very different and I think it's actually good for every golfer to face a cauldron like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Yea i thought it was a brilliant tournament too.

I think the crowd has left 16 by the time a play off was on so wouldn't have been the same.

Really i think they should look at the layout of the course and make the 16th the 18th, could you imagine the mayhem, would be brilliant TV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Talk on this Saudi tour appears to be ramping up, I see Adam Scott talking it up now, and shortly after Hoffman had his little hissy fit agreed by certain linked players too it seems like it may actually happen.

Has anyone heard of a timeline for this becoming a thing? Or all up in the air still? Or will the PGA cave in to the moaning

Advertisement