Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi Band 6 +NFC payments Ireland?

Options
  • 14-02-2022 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭

Anybody tried in ROI.

People are using it in Italy, and in Germany. I think Germany it works in conjunction with Curve. And in Austria if you set the Mi Wear app to Germany. Sources for above are from Mi Band 6 reviews on Amazon.de.

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

Best Answer

Answers

Supported banks are listed at the bottom of this page and don't include any Irish banks.

https://www.mi.com/uk/mi-smart-band-6-nfc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

If it's working for curve, I would imagine that should work in Ireland.

To explain that further, I use various cards here curve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mankydog

Hi,

Anyone get this working in Ireland or the mi band 7 nfc ?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

Using it, Mi Band 6+ NFC, here without any problems since December 22 , In conjunction with Curve. Battery life is poor IMHO.Mi band 6 does 7 days, ( all optional monitoring off!) mi band 4 would do 3 weeks easily .

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭god_dos

Hi @dohouch

Was the process easy to set up?

I assume you create a Curve account, thus get card details.

Install Xiaomi Mi Fitness App and add the device, then how do you add Mi Pay and the Curve card to the watch?

I had a Curve card in the past to try to get Samsung Pay working on the older Samsung Galaxy Watches, but it never worked in Ireland.

Can the Band 6 + NFC be used in a pool?

Also, can you use Mi Pay while not connected to the phone?

Thank you.

Post edited by god_dos on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

You can use watch-pay, without phone on you. Don't know the limits, number of times you can do this.

No problems with water, check specs.

Get Curve card( this watch is the only reason I have Curve) Set up your Curve card account.

Install "ZeppLife" from play store and add your Curve

I'm talking MiBnd 6+NFC--ONLY

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭god_dos

Thank you Dohouch.

This is great information. There was a Band 6+NFC available on Amazon, but seems to be gone now.

I have gone with the Fitbit Charge 5 instead as it can do payments (with or without the phone also) and was a similar price to the Band 6.

Advertisement