Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I was given no notification of when my AH freeze out expires?

Options
  • 09-02-2022 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭

Can i get an update?

Ten Of Swords was the perpetrator moderator. (j/k)

In physics we trust....... (as insanely difficult to decipher as it may be)

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sugar_Rush

And yes I DM'd the mod 2x, no reply.

I got a response.

Can't say I'm thrilled with it.

Freeze will expire on this occasion but I've been informed that on future occasions it will not.

Can someone remind me of the category mods so I can appeal this? (this is still not highlighted on their profile side bar or anywhere in the forum/catagory).

Plz and thnk you.

Post edited by Sugar_Rush on

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The Social and Fun cmods are:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Hi Sugar Rush

What are you appealing here?

Howdy.

I was informed by the sub moderator that the next ban I received from him from AH, would be indefinite.

Now I've been given a few temporary freezes that expired and timed out (actually some of them may have been just inability to start threads due to accumulation of infraction rating), some from AH, some from Current affairs, mostly for unpopular opinions.

In terms of current affairs posting there hasn't been any issue there for quite a while.

I still post in much the same tone, but just a little modified so it's been good.

AH is however just that, after hours. Not super serious (though sometimes raising serious'ish topics), but the idea is to on occasion be a little disingenuous with some mild humble-brag humor.

This however seems to go down largely like a lead balloon (presumably with the moderator in question).

What I'm appealing is the potential for an indefinite freeze-out from AH to come into effect, as I've been informed will happen on the next occasion there's a perceive infraction of some kind.

So maybe I post something, I think the last post I made there was a meme of Jim Carrey quoting a line from "Dumb and Dumber", not directed at anyone on the site or targeting anyone specifically;

Two week freeze.

No big deal for me. Humor is a funny thing (no pun), different types appeal to different people but what I'm emphasizing is I can handle occasional freeze-outs etc., no problem, but an indefinite ban on a forum which for better or worse reaches one of the largest demographics in Ireland (r/Ireland is busier technically, but they're largely of Irish decent living in America, non resident, i.e. AH is one of the largest public forums in the nation);

I think that's excessive.

Appealing to category mods to regulate the decision. Continued temporary freeze-outs no problem (provided serious lines are not crossed, which they have never been nor would), but over turn the possibility for indefinite removal due to accumulation of these minor infractions.

Post edited by Sugar_Rush on

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

AH operates a totting up disciplinary process for which there are escalating punishments. Given that you do not really care about temporary bans and have continued as normal then the logical conclusion is a permanent ban. If you do not modify your posting style this WILL happen.

As you are not actually appealing anything here this can be marked as resolved.

What I'm appealing is how deserving my posting style is of punishment.

I don't think it warrants a freeze out (there may be one exception in recent memory), and definitely doesn't deserve a ban.

I'm not saying I "don't mind" the freeze-outs, but I'll accept them.

I am dealing with this. You don't get to use all of our resources. Again as you are not appealing anything then this is not the place to post. If you have a specific item you wish to dispute you can open another thread.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Nothing to appeal here.

Discussion closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement