Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

@jolivmmx thanked his post though, because I appreciated the effort to give an honest answer.

Welcome to a free and open society ,if you posted that in Russia you would be disappeared or accidentally committ suicide by being thrown off a balcony by a pair of fsb agents

• Registered Users Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

The big "smear" earlier was something to do with him hoping Ukraine would join the EU some day. If so Very Scary Stuff. Nasty militaristic EU. If Ukraine joins all its Divisions will be ready to march on Moscow when the Commission gives the go-order and throw out Poor Defenseless Putin!

Could you back up some of it up rather than making all these mysterious (some might even say defamatory) posts?

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭jolivmmx

I just wanted to hear how our Boards response compares to the responses he gets on Reddit or YouTube.

I didn’t think that he would respond. I was grateful that he did.

But I fundamentally disagreed with the sentiments of the answer

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭jolivmmx

The abortions figure is insane! That figure alone should set off the red flags big time

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ahherelads2022

I did. Read the articles. I will provide more links later. There is many.

• Advertisement

This is the human noodle nourished on a diet of Brexiteer & Tory party propaganda pap.

Where you go so far down a rabidly anti-EU rabbit hole you become hopeful to see disasters and human misery unfold, rest of Europe go up in smoke, and Putin score a massive victory all from what you believe is a splendidly isolated perch over in Brexit Britain. Just so you can say, told you so! (or something like that!).

Okay. I read one recent article in Irish Times (rather than Irish Independent).

What was wrong with the article/inaccurate/distorted?

What was so awful (apart from fact he's obviously politicially active and holds view you don't agree at all with given your posts [possibly real issue] + appears deeply embedded into society there)?

Thanks.

Ya, Russia's demographics are in terminal decline.

Although Turkeys fertility levels are also dropping precipitously, down to 1.6 tfr but that's for a different thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

US Congressman Ron Paul has criticized US interventionism in Ukraine.

What the US media will not report is that this entire crisis – and the threat of a serious war – has all been brought about by US interference in the internal affairs of Ukraine, specifically the US-backed coup that overthrew an elected government in 2014.

https://www.eurasiareview.com/14022022-ron-paul-ukraine-crisis-is-a-nightmare-caused-by-us-interventionism-oped/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭MFPM

1. Show one post of mine where I have 'justified' Russia's actions?

2 . Interesting you responded and didn't make a single comment on the innocent civilians being bombed by the US/UK backed Saudi's.

3. I have stated categorically that the US and Russia don't give a crap about the Ukrainian people this is a game between two sets of imperial powers. The Ukranian people will be the losers if a conflict emerges which is one reason why their gov reps have been telling Biden and Blinken to shut up and calling out their 'intelligence'

The difference between you and I is that you have no issue excusing the hypocrisy of Western Imperialism, I'm capable of holding both sets to account.

Now if you want to debate please do me the courtesy of quoting my posts and not taking things I write and spinning them for your own dishonest ends.

The same congressman who supported the illegal annexation of Crimea......

Do try harder 😜

😂🤣🤣😂

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Liberty_Bear

The attack into Ukraine could come on three fronts. From Odessa and move westwards. Then a pincer style move from Belarus and from Transnistria (the Russian speaking enclave of Moldova). The latter would push Kyiv into a crisis as it would then be surrounded on two sides all around. Poland has agreed to allow for Ukranian refugees to come in and would support them. Ireland could do just the same. In a recent survey in Ukraine showed a large swathe of Ukranains would take up arms in a move against the Russians. Russia has approx 120,000 troops at various points and while the Ukranian army is reasonably armed (thanks Turkey, US and UK) the threat from local militia could be greater. See link below for more

An I apologise I know one link is Sky News

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/26/world/europe/ukraine-russia-civilian-training.html

https://news.sky.com/story/russias-invasion-plan-could-see-military-take-nine-routes-into-ukraine-hitting-kyivs-doorstep-within-two-days-reports-12538657

We know .

Reasonably armed,the Ukrainians are actually well armed , lacking in areas but well armed

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Liberty_Bear

At the Maidan Revolution, they made their feelings known. There has been opposition fermenting now for nearly 10 years +

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

The US State Department has confirmed it will move all remaining embassy staff from Kyiv to Lviv in western Ukraine.

The Wall Street Journal reports the department has ordered the destruction of computer equipment, as fears grow Russia could invade within days. 

That's not a promising sign from the US.

They have had a Global Hawk UAV over Ukraine for about 18hrs gathering intel and now have a Boeing RC-135V circling the black sea, and these are the planes that can actually be seen with transponders on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Up to approx. 130,000 Russian troops now massed around Ukraine. Those in Belarus have been observed moving closer to the Ukrainian border, and Russia appears to have doubled air combat power in range of Ukraine. I still don't believe Putin means to go in, but that is certainly a force with the power to do it. Hypothetically, for a full invasion of the country, I suspect Russia would go straight for Kiev in a lightning attack to immediately crush morale and hope for a quick victory. Even though Ukraine is prepared, sorry to say, I think they would crumble. Fighting a limited "uprising" is one thing, fighting a superpower head-on is another completely. Despite all the rhetoric, and possibly a few pockets, I reckon it would be over quickly enough.

I still think there's more room for Putin to ratchet the pressure higher, there is nothing stopping him, no domestic opposition or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

The Afghan army were well armed, I know it's a different situation, but all the equipment in the world doesn't mean anything. This isn't a proxy force fighting from one area, it would be a massive modern invasion, very quick, very powerful, cutting electricity, communications, internet, everything. Again, I could be completely wrong, but the Ukrainians would never "win" such a fight, the very best they could do would be to have a drawn out very bloody war - which is even worse. Despite putting a brave face on it, I think most Ukrainians are painfully aware of that. I think the Russians are too. Again, I hate to be the armchair internet general, but in the hypothetical situation of Russia actually invading, I do not see Ukrainians lasting very long. Then again, I don't see the Russian economy lasting long after such a move either. Which makes me strongly believe this is all obviously a bluff for concessions/domestic reasons

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Man walks into a forum with a tinfoil on his head.

Moderator: Why do you have tinfoil on your head?

Man: It keeps the Russians from attacking.

Moderator: But there are no Russians attacking.

Man: See, it works.

Interview on US station ABC news with US speaker of the house Nancy Pelosi (age 81). First 3 minutes. - transcript here.

STEPHANOPOULOS: So, we -- you just saw those reports right there.

The White House is warning of an imminent invasion of Ukraine. The Ukrainians seem to think that that's all hype.

Are -- do you believe that Putin is poised to invade?

PELOSI: Well, I think we have to be prepared for it. And that is what the president is -- yes, I do believe that he is prepared for an invasion.

I also understand why the President of Ukraine wants to keep people calm and that he wants his economy not to suffer. But, on the other hand, if we were not threatening the sanctions and the rest, it would guarantee that Putin would invade. Let's hope that diplomacy works.

It's about diplomacy deterrence. Diplomacy deterrence. And the president’s made it very clear. There's a big price to pay for Russia to go there. So if Russia doesn't invade, it's not that he never intended to. It's just that the sanctions worked.

The US president Biden will give his state of the union address on March 1st. The whole thing is about shouting about Russia invading the Ukraine and when they don't? well, Biden will get credit for making Russia to back down. Wag the dog anyone?

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

I'd love to know his motivation, the support of the radical right for Putin is a very complex issue that it's too good an opportunity to not want some background reasons from him.

Putin's support for the far right is an easy explain, they cause instability in other nations, that's an easy win for him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Cheerful S

Obvious this was all Planned by Putin to get concessions and security guarantees. The only time Russia will invade is when Nato accepts Ukraine as a member and Crimea is attacked by the Ukraine military. There be no invasion this week, US intelligence is bogus.

https://www.thejournal.ie/ukraine-german-chancellor-kyiv-russia-5682449-Feb2022/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Will the Chinese not be pissed off if he goes in before the end of the Olympics?

I think if they do invade it'll be more Crimea than Donbass. Be over before most of us even know it happened. Elections setup amd a new pro Russian government appointed by an overwhelming majority.

Vlad will ride out any sanctions and eventually the world will move on as they did with crimea.

Remember the Ukrainians have been planning this for years ,it certainly won't be a walk over ,not unless putin decides to bomb Ukrainian cities and towns back to the Stoneage ,as seen in Georgia and eastern Ukraine Russia doesn't like fighting against people who fight back , they might have an upper hand for a day or two but then Ukrainians catch and start doing damage , Putin can't control what's reported outside of his own Borders

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Viewtodiefor

It’s all a political game. the west want Ukraine on side Russia wants them on theirs so they can get crimea and east as their own. In all likelihood that’s where the middle ground is. Current Ukrainian administration is too pro west for Putins liking and wants to put a stop to it. All this about nato encroachment is just bull. NATO is weaker than it ever has been European countries spending very little on defence bar the UK maybe France. Germany living in Lala land. however if he does encroach or even if he doesn’t you’ll see a lot of those countries upping military spending which is the opposite of what he claims to want. Agreed Russian economy will take a batterying but maybe his mind has I don’t know turned into more authoratorian which can happen when one has total control. If that’s the case then we are in dangerous times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭circadian

I still think an invasion won't happen. I think he's testing the waters and possibly trying to solidify Donbass but beyond that any incursion towards Kiev would be a massive mistake.

Sure, China has huge demand for gas and any sanctions reducing gas going to Europe could at least partly be absorbed by China buying more.

There Russian media is reporting in a way to justify an invasion but at the same time once the bodies start rolling back to the towns and villages then his popularity may take a sharp downturn.

It's a very risky move.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Viewtodiefor

I think an all out invasion is unlikely as he’d need possibly 3 times the number of troops but. A quick thrust to take some parts of east more likely. Ukrainian military is much improved so they will give him a bloody nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheTruth89

That's lies all you do is bash the US and refuse to condem Russia for what it is, all you do is make roundabout justification for Russia by bashing

Show me one post where you have condemned Russia and said they are 💯 wrong and Putin.

The difference between me and you is I deal in facts and truth you deal in whataboutery and are completely biased towards Russia.

I'll said it again Russia is undeniablely the bad guy in this situation and they have no right or justification to attack Ukraine. And as such should be cast out as a pariah state if they do.

• Advertisement

Admittedly I don't watch "the news", but what Olympics, all of my ways of getting news are filled with Will Russia invade stories. The only olympic stories I've seen is some brutal looking place with a ski slope next to cooling towers and oh yeah, possible Russian drugging of a teenager.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement