Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,583 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Yay! Positive PTH2009 is positive! Nice one fella.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

I see a “worst case” 120,000 prediction pre any measures based on very early data that also included a more likely prediction of 30,000, which is 0.6% of the population is proof that initial scenarios were off by “orders of magnitude” . Given Bulgaria, which has a lower life expectancy than us therefore less very old, has already had 0.5% of the population die, I fail to see how anywhere other than the bizarre alternative reality ye have created for yourselves is that out by “orders of magnitude”.

I must say this is great place to pop in and out of when in need of a laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Hey,hold on just a cotton pickin moment !

RTE are clinging on the the remnants of oul dacency in their Radio News,for example Lyric FM's evening bulletins regularly feature a sombre toned Eileen Dunne,topping us up with the "latest" Positive PCR & antigen Test Numbers,along with the Hospital and ICU numbers....as if everybody was still clustered around the wireless in fearful awe of the numbers.

RTE,and the semi-state sector in general are insisting on clinging to the wreck of this particular hesperous,intent on making sure that the spring and summer relaxation will be as short-lived as possible,before they can lead the charge for a NEW ! IMPROVED!! set of Emergency Restrictions for Winter 2022's 'demic,of whatever type can be found.

It's very notable that the scale of protests in other wildly overacting Euro democracies is also escalating,as people discover that Politicans reason and commonsense have succumbed to whatever was in those vials !!!

Keep em scared Eileen...keep their heads down 😶

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

Wow 😳 ! The calm,dispassionate,reasoned voice of the highly qualified scientist ? ...mathematician ?...chancer ?

Perhaps the best aspect of this,is how it will be of an 😉 order of magnitude 😉 more difficult for lad's like this to have themselves taken seriously from here on in...unless,of course we've all been injected with a memory loss virus !!

Then again,this fella could well be the next CMO !!

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Good thing is,we now know who Tubberiddy will have on the LLS....although were I the host,I'd slip Melinda in as well just to test the dynamic !! 😎

• Advertisement

Ah don't be worrying about "us" and our bizzare alternative crazy world of Arthur Browne,we'll be grand and we're always good for a larf too 😄😄 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en1uwIzI3SE&ab_channel=TOTPArchive

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Croohur1

Your several orders of magnitude less funny than you think you are. 🙄 If you do happen to have that memory loss virus please send me some so I can forget what I just read

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Yep my time staying away from this part of the site has really helped my sanity

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

and yet the evidence contradicts all of your posts still.

funny how people continue to re-write everything to suit their warped, and completely factually incorrect world view/belief system.

it's over, you predicted nothing, your beliefs are just that and the evidence does not back them.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,583 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I advised you to do so numerous times. Glad you saw sense eventually.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I hear on the news there that mandatory masks has been dropped up North. Hopefully this will increase the pressure to do likewise here!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

We may not be far behind. Some possible exceptions aside there are very few reasons to continue them on and February 28 should be the date. Some details in here too on discussions on future testing regimes and vaccine jabs.

There's no justification for any lingering requirements at this point. It needs to become a personal choice based on an individual's circumstances and risk assessment.

Just as people are free to wear masks wherever they want, so too must they be free not to as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Sure but you can see them continue to be required in certain medical environments for now and possibly advised on transport.

There should be no requirements beyond what was required in 2019. Covid is not the black death. It's little more than the sniffles at this point.

Again, no one will stop anyone who wants to continue wearing masks, but expecting others to do the same "just in case" needs to end. There's no justification for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,165 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

It's not just masks, they've dropped the COVID pass on nightclubs as well and every other COVID restriction that was still in place and made it advisory

Here we are still expecting pregnant women to go through the first few hours of labour on their own, in my mind that has to change as an absolute priority before we worry about masks in a shop. And, no before you ask, such a change would not directly affect me

I thought the whole thing of partners not being allowed in had been resolved after it emerged some hospitals were still doing their own thing. That's ridiculous! These are things that should be solved in hours, not weeks and months.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭ShadowTech

Why not both at the same time? It's not an either-or situation. All our metrics are good. We're well past the peak and we weathered that well. End restrictions and let people make decisions for their own health the way we have done our entire lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭walus

I'm not sure if this has been noticed but all this authoritarian approach to this pandemic is a strong indication how the ruling elites see tackling health challenges going forward. There is a strong undercurrent driven by the belief that "tackling diseases individually won’t solve many global health challenges", won't "accelerate global health impact" and certainly won't "reduce the threat of epidemics".

What we have seen is probably first blatant attempt to take the power and control for individuals' own health away from those individuals. This has been done very successfully in some countries and possibly less so in others. This battle is not over yet.

”Where’s the revolution? Come on, people you’re letting me down!”

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭deholleboom

And it rides in tandem with climate change policies with actors like the BBC, the US government and newspapers actively suppressing a closer look at the data and coming up with different conclusions like the recent Joe Rogan podcast w Steve Koonin showed. Looks like a conspiracy with the available data at hand..

Post edited by deholleboom on

• Advertisement

I don't think anybody would complain about both happening at the same time but I think the way they'll go is removing masks and then look at improving maternity care in the future

Meaning we have the completely ridiculous situation where people can't be with their partners during labour but they can be together in a pub

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Does anyone know if the hospitals still require a negative PCR test before a non emergency admission and does anyone think that's likely to change any time soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭ShadowTech

I… Jesus, given the inconsistency of some of the rules and restrictions I could actually imagine this happening. I really hope you’re wrong and they just end the restrictions across the board.

It happens every day, find a pub or hotel bar near a maternity hospital and you'll see it for yourself

You ask me it's one of the first restrictions that should have gone, not one of the last

• Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

That's not something government can actually lift though.

Masks are a regulation which government can lift whenever they see fit.

Visits to maternity hospitals or any hospitals for that matter are down to the individual hospital and or the hospital group running it not the government.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Hospitals can do their own thing. The HSE will say you should be allowing people in etc & they did issue guidelines to this but they're only guidelines, the hospital can simply suspend visiting, limit who can attend appointments etc citing outbreak control reasons. Its done most winters sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

Surely now we'll follow the rest of the 'home nations' and drop all restrictions

Can't see how they can do otherwise , this thing has turned into nothing and nobody cares .

Just irritating wearing the masks

Dead right !

I'll put it up here,in case I forget it too......

“My view is to be radical," he said.

"You need 12 lessons to learn to drive a car.

"You need a license to drive a car. You need to do a test. Do we need some sort of, almost, qualification, licensing, education for men to go out into the social sphere?”

Radical,edgy,cutting edge,presumably all elements Prof McC is already well qualified in ?

Professor McConkey, from the Royal College of Surgeons in Dublin, has been one of the most prominent voices in Irish media during the Covid pandemic.

Without doubt,Prof McC's voice has qualified on the Covid prominence score if nothing else.

Mind you,I totally agree that it's not at all Funny,but instead chilling,coming from a supposed Public Health Professional !

Perhaps.....and there is evidence of some "odd" behaviour in the "Corridors of Power" if this article is to be believed...

Senior civil servants will meet tomorrow ahead of NPHET's review on Thursday of mask wearing requirements in schools and other settings.

Hmmm,not ordinary Civil Servants....but SENIOR one's,all meeting to discuss this ONE aspect of the VAST amount of Emergency Legislation still clogging up the system....something's afoot ?

There are indications politically that NPHET could recommend ending the need to wear masks in schools.

It's as if the article was written by a Jesuit...."indications"....."could"...."recommend". Why on Earth do a cabal of SENIOR Civil Servants need to meet to discuss this,as of now, rumour ?

Although,they may actually be discussing this looper,but don't want it made public ?

But People Before Profit TD Paul Murphy urged caution.

Mr Murphy said the incidence of Covid-19 in schools is still high and this is impacting people's education.

Perhaps NPHET is going to be replaced with a panel of SENIOR civil servants on an elevated stage to do recitations and play a few tunes each evening on RTE 6-1 News ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

Facemasks expected to be dropped for shops, public transport and schools

please god be true

Advertisement