Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Each morning I walk about 5km to work. There is a footpath the entire way and it’s quiet and peaceful. I rarely meet anyone else walking

My TA are cyclists who whizz up behind me on the footpath and overtake me at speed. It gives me a fright

Some use their bell in advance which is fair but if I’m listening to music is it my responsibility to be on edge and not relax on the walk?

Today a chap flew past me from behind, one step sideways from me and we would both be in a heap

Ta’d I found a nice walk and cannot enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I went to Lidl on Saturday to get the Shark 5 Blade Razor blades only to find out that they have undergone a complete revamp in design. This means that they no longer fit my old razor handle.....and of course there was no actual razor handles for sale in Lidl, only the actual blade packs so they were no good to me 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

I have a colleague who somehow can’t pronounce y endings.

”If we compare the activit data to activit data from twent twent…”

It’s quite impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,308 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Last week I emailed a private healthcare facility with an enquiry…

I straight away got an automated reply asking me to allow 5 working days for a reply. It’s been 5 working days already. No reply.

the work they do at their facility is all sports / injury related, they have no covid patients there so it’s business as usual…I’m just after some outpatient physio and another more outpatient technical rehabilitative treatment…

it’s a bit odd that I can email a busy shop and within 20 minutes have a reply to a simple query as I did on Friday … yet a simple query to this shower and 4.8 days and nothing….all I want to know is 1. Cost & 2. Availability…. It will cost me well over a grand that I do know but ffs… information or the chance to give it to them would be nice ! I need nothing technical that would require anything from anybody…” yes 10 sessions at 160 euros per session , available from Monday 28 of February”, or… “waiting list till June, will I put you on it ? “

It seems both public and private healthcare are operating at similar levels of absolute incompetence , dearth’s of efficiency and overall shïttyness…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Valentines day, utter tripe at every mention of it. You either love them or you don't, why pretend on this mother of expensive non days. Laughable seeing ppl rushing through aldi picking up the scabbiest flowers at a price they would never be near any other day 🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Jesus I hate that fceking cash machine... On newstalk as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,374 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Many years ago I stopped listening to a radio station (either 98FM or 104) because they were running a 'Fugitive' competition where the soft headed portion of the general public had to guess a location and then run around asking random people if they were the fugitive. Anyone remember this? It was really irritating. I am happy to say I never went back to listen to the station again.

The cash machine is now turning me off Newstalk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

People who are triumphantly pointing out that Neil Young "has quietly returned to Spotify" because some of his songs are still there.

There's a grand total of 10 Neil Young songs on Spotify. They appear on compilations, soundtracks and he guested on a Bob Dylan live album. None of these are Neil Young releases (the compilations & soundtracks are credited to Various Artists). Therefore Neil has no legal right to insist on these tracks being removed as they have already been licensed to the labels responsible. Everything else remains withdrawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

People sharing their wordle progress on social media.

Well done sheep.

TA tuned into Quest Red cos a programme called "My Giant Genitals: Body Bizarre" is on.. Some Kenyan chap has an 'affliction' .... didn't see fk all... TA 'false advertising' ..... maybe they showed his "bagpipe" sized testicles and penis early doors, but I missed it 😒 What's the farking point of these voyeuristic type TV programmes when nowt can be seen.. smh 😅

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I watched a program like that. The guy was a real life Buster Gonad.

I taped it on the +1... also on the show is/was some Brazilian with a massive growth on her face... and a chap with no (?) legs and half an arm.. no need for that kind o thing... that's just gratuitous and exploitative.. couldn't be watching that.. a massive sack and langer - well that's summit else, and more in keeping with the bounds of 'acceptability' imo...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

TA at my misfortune at having to deal with a highly educated ( they reminded me) well paid public servant who exceeded himself in his incompetence. It is a major TA that this individual will retire on a very nice pension.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That was going on when I walked into a pub in Dublin . 1999 I think. The clue was about Armagh football team.A man in the pub was wearing, Orange, I think, but I didn't ask him the question. I would have been €20,000 the richer if I had as I got an 'honorable' mention the next day as the 'nearly' man

Post edited by cj maxx on

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

a massive sack and langer 

Unfortunately they only get the massive sack and not the corresponding massive langer. Which must be a real TA for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭NedsNotDead

Some years ago I was walking through the Ivy Gardens when I spotted a man and women charging towards me. When the man got to within a few paces of me he blurted out "are you the 98 Fm man". Or something to that affect. When I told him I wasn't he seemed seriously put out and didn't believe me. After reiterating a few times that I wasn't they finally believed me and raced off in the direction of another unsuspecting soul

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Whatever way I'm sitting on the couch this morning is hurting my back. No idea what's changed since last night when I was sitting on it so I'm just assuming it's coz I'm old now.

Bonus TA: I'm listening to a playlist on spotify and hid a few shite songs I didn't want to hear. The app played them anyway. Why have the option if it doesn't actually work?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,578 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Wordle. I don't know what it is and I don't want to know.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 10,735 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I’m going to wait for it to fizzle out and then start bombarding all my WhatsApp groups with my scores.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Could it be a different version of the song (remastered or whatever) and the app sees them as being different? I hate selecting an album to play on Spotify, only to discover they've bunged extra versions of songs and maybe a few other songs by the artist. I just want the original version of the album!!

I'm annoyed by the opposite, me playing all the different variations of it. But I don't bombard any WhatsApp groups with results, just the Puzzles & Quizzes forum here. 😀

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,578 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

There's a strategy game I've been looking forward to releasing this week. It's set in a very violent fantasy world. The developer has a policy of charging extra for blood effects for "age restrictions". The game features literal fountains, rivers and lakes of blood but it's only wrong when it comes out of someone.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

I sat down to have my daily old woman's afternoon ( lingo, tipping point and the chase) with a coffee and , what I thought were hobnobs, only to realise I bought Cheesy biscuits instead. I just picked up the wrong orange packet.

Another TA is I've become a routine junkie with tv. 🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I feckin' hate Tuesdays, it's the most "Weekday" day out of all the other weekdays. Work is always crazy busy and the traffic is always **** on a Tuesday for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,308 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

My above TA has been solved by emailing a competitor, them replying to my email within 30 minutes, calling me 5 minutes later and a courteous , friendly and professional can do professional providing options, information and availability, immediately….

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Make sure to send a follow-up email to the original business you approached. Outline that a competitor were able to facilitate you very quickly. Put the boot in.

I ate crispy onions in a wrap for lunch knowing that they don't sit well in my stomach. Silly me.

Me too. Its my injection day. Which means I'm not doing **** all only taking painkillers

The South Circular Rd will wake me up. That will be enjoyable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement