Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conspiracy about the flat earth conspiracy - Thread bans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Nah man, he's just pretending to be a complete idiot. He's also cultivated a reputation on the site for being one and for being the type who might actually be dumb enough to believe flat earth ****.

See, that's totally different and better than being an idiot. It's way cleverer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

a tiny portion of ice is not OVER THE ANTARTCTA...

You're found out aswell for being dumb and now changing your story

ok, another dumb answer, its like a bowling alley here knocking you all down in one page

No due, he isn't. Not a single person on this thread is being convinced by your fake arguments. No one here is going to be shown up by a fellow pretending to be a flat earther who then also invented a friend to support himself.

You declaring victory like this is really sad and desperate.

Seriously, what's your end goal here?

If you like you can answer in character.

if you stand inside a hall and its 100m long in complete darkness and you are at one end and your friend is at the other end with a torch and shines the torch at their feet, do your feet light up?

Thats an easy explanation for the dumbest person on here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,757 ✭✭✭zv2

I thought he thought I was a flat earther but it turns out he wants me to believe he is a flat earther. lol

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Of course you would, if you bored straight through, but obviously you'd have to get through the magma, then the Earth's core.

ok, end of conversation with you if you believe this. You are the dumbest on here of all of you

So where do you think you end up if you keep on drilling down in a straight line?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,524 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

same thing with CTers, they have no concept at all of proportionality its all or nothing, everything is extremes.

no concept of the difference between the mass of oceans and the mass of lakes (even though large lakes do have small tides)

no concept of how much temperature can be affected by absolutely tiny differences in earth position in space

no concept that an atmosphere can thin out until the point at which is isnt there

still no answer as to the basic point that when viewing an object, the further you travel from it, the less of the base you can see......

Lol. What do you mean by "knocking you all down"?

Do you think you are winning the argument that the earth is flat?

You're supposed to be only pretending to be delusional, remember. Don't get lost in the character kid. Rookie troll mistake...

ah lexy baby, your trolling levels really have slipped, this is the worst attempt yet.

not even trying to be humorous any more, just completely stupid :D

• Advertisement

It's all the same basic argument. Lexie is just copy pasting shite from flat earthers this time.

If it doesn't make sense to them and their basic, ignorant level of understanding of a topic, it must be that there's a conspiracy. And that by declaring that it's a conspiracy, the theorist now knows something and has special secret knowledge rather than just doesn't understand something. This makes them feel smart and special and better than the "sheeple".

It takes a complex topic, cuts out all the stuff where you have to put effort into understanding it and learning stuff, and lets you jump straight to being an expert who's even smarter than the smarty pants nerds who know science/history/politics etc.

is that a response to my explanation? Pretty lame if you ask me

still waiting for all the globe experts here to produce one photo of the full "globe" from space, just one

an actual photograph, video would be nice but I'm making it easy for you for a photo only

Ready steady GO..............

I'll be back later

If there isnt a photo then your globular earth is all fiction

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭generic_throwaway

Do your own research.

Also still waiting for you to post a picture of one of these satellites held up by balloons.

Now, I'm curious are you imagining like a weather balloon kinda thing or more like an Up situation?

Also again mate, who do you think is being convinced by this? The only debate that's really going on is if you are actually dumb enough to believe all this shite, or if you're just pretending.

No one else, aside from your other fake account, thinks you're doing a good job here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

The only story changed is the fictional one in your head. I did not change what I said. It’s ok to say that you were wrong. You’ll gain respect by being honest.

How powerful a torch had to be sent up via helium balloons to light up whole continents? How do they stop the wind blowing the torch and lighting up the wrong place at the wrong time?

Do you not know what a globe is?

Let me simplify it for you. Go get yourself an orange, and mark an ‘X’ on one side. Make sure there are no mirrors in the room and face the ‘X’ away from you. Can you see the side of the orange with the ‘X’ without going around the orange, or turning the orange?

that jumble of words you posted is no where near any explanation as to why its night time in australia while its day time in europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,936 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

1. It does work that way. As you go up, the air thins, until there is none, then you are in a vacuum.
    2. Tidal pull does affect lakes, the Great Lakes have two tides per day, but it's very small because the volume of water is much smaller than oceans. Takes seconds to look this up.
    3. We have seasons due to the tilt in the axis
    4. It's in the video I posted, there answer is no. The moonlight stuff is nonsense and a flat-earth talking point, you are regurgitating literally all of them, I guarantee you are taking this stuff from flat-earth sites/videos.
    5. It is a great answer, it will take you seconds to look up how the diameter/radius of the earth is calculated, it's also in that video I posted
    6. "Everest doesn't exist according to me, any picture or video you show me I can just claim it's fake or CGI" - that's exactly what you will do. The other flat-earther in this forum did exactly the same, just responded with 'lol' to every photo or footage or live feed.
    7. It doesn't need to be "proved" to you, as explained you want to lure people into "proving" stuff to you that you will reject. As other posters have mentioned, this is your extraordinary claim, you need to support it. You can't do that, so you are constantly deflected into getting other posters to "explain stuff to you" that you instantly reject ;)
    8. You can't show where the south pole or "ceremonial south pole" is on your flat-earth map because you know it exposes the whole theory as silly. There's no rule that people can't fly over Antarctica, that's BS. Airlines don't need to over that route, but planes fly there, there is literally a station at the south pole, a place you pretend both exists and doesn't exist at the same time
    9. Flat-earthers have no valid theory
    10. Yes, we have a crust, mantle and a core. You can't explain what is under your "flat earth". Why don't flat-earthers just dig down and expose this? Why don't they just sail to the edges and show the ice wall? Why don't they just use GPS and book a trip with that company to stay in tents close to the South Pole? These people have conventions, why don't they spend money on any of that? Hmmm

You finish on an insult. I strongly suspect you are a parody account to make conspiracy theorists look ridiculous (in which case good job), if not, then none of these posts are for you.

To be honest, I can't believe he's fallen for the 'official line' that Australia exists. What a sucker. There has never been a photo of Australia - ask yourself why.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,757 ✭✭✭zv2

Sigh. It's very simple: if you draw a tangent to the curve on the edge of foreign policy it can't be parallel to a crow's beak and that means you can have a fishing rod in a warm closet. Why? Because the curve of the earth turns the crow's beak away from said parallelism. So how can I keep my fishing rod in a warm closet, which I always do? So, your argument is fuqed.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

Alright, I'll bite. You will 100% reject any photo/video/footage, as "fake", "cgi", "lol". I'll demonstrate this. You'll also claim the countries are "too big" and other assorted nonsense :)

Photos

Live feed from ISS

Video from inside the ISS, a one hour tour, you claim this is shot underwater (how are they breathing?) or "on a plane" (how?)

I also expect to see the following fallacies in the discussion on this:

"I can't believe it, so it's not real"

"I can't understand it, so it's not real"

Posters claim that these guys are obviously taking the piss, and that's prob the case, but we've had deadly serious posters like this in the past, so you can never be fully sure. The other flat-earther "space stuff is fake" guy was full-on, the real deal.

Yes, we have a crust, mantle and a core

Prove it...how do you know? The deepest hole ever drilled is about 8 miles or do you just believe it as you were told this in school and its easier to believe than question it?

ever heard of plate tectonics, or do you deny that too??

Most flat earthers believe that's all fake.

Anything that counters their belief is faked and part of the conspiracy.

No doubt Lexie is trawling through whatever flat earth sites he's using for his cute little performance for something that disproves the entire field of geology in one line.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

let us assume for a moment that all accepted theories about the composition and shape of the earth are wrong.

What is the shape of the earth?

what is its composition?

How does its shape account for the day/night cycles we all experience?

where does the sun sit in relation to the earth?

how do you explain the seasons we all experience?

how do you explain the phases of moon? what causes it to go from full moon to no moon over a period of 28 days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Coddle4dinner

Some people think we live on a globe and there is a big man with a white beard above the clouds

Advertisement