Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 6/Pixel 6 Pro

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭breeno

Yea the beta is very smooth and fingerprint sensor has improved too. It's a superb phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭d0157063

received QC45 white headphones today morning via anpost, yet to open, but feels like journey completed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭TheRona

Only downside I'm seeing with the 12L beta so far is that you need to hold on the lock icon to unlock now, rather than a tap when using smart lock. Bit of a backwards step.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

Same here, I haven't opened them either but I'm still disappointed after waiting 90+ days to finally receive a pair of B̶l̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶B̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶N̶C̶ ̶̶7̶0̶0̶, B̶l̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶B̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶Q̶C̶ ̶4̶5̶, White Bose QC 45 headphones. I know, first world problems....but still, the promotion was a total farce this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭Screaming Monkey

same here too, got mine this morning AnPost.. White Bose QC45, there nice and the noise cancelling is solid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭mossie

Mine still hasn't reached An Post. Not sure if I'll keep them or not yet, white doesn't appeal to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,158 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Mrs Cyrus is looking at one of these to replace her P30 pro, camera is the priority.

What are people doing for storage these days on photos, she takes a lot of pics and videos and i see very few manufacturers are leaving micro sd slots ( was going to give her my s21 ultra but only realised yesterday there is no expansion on that either!)

Does she not use any kind of cloud backup already? Madness if so. Micro SD expansion really is a bad option in this day and age anyway, especially with 4K video. The cards often just don't have the speed of internal storage. I've also seen an external SD card get corrupted many times. Expandable storage might seem like a good option, but it really isn't.

I use Google Photos to back up my photos. I used to have the free option where they compress the images, but have now switched high quality storage, which comes out of the 200GB I pay €30/year for. I also have a MS Office 365 Sub @ €7/month, and that comes with 1TB storage, so I've started to back up my photos to there as well.

Another option is to copy images and videos off onto a USB stick. I have one that has a USB-C on one end, and USB type A on the other, so that could easily be used to transfer excess images and videos to my PC if I wanted to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,158 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

She has them backed up to amazon photos as well, but likes to keep a physical copy, maybe we need to move away from that.

Google is 30 a year for 200gb? thats ok !

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Craazysteve

The number of White QC45's that appeared for sale on Adverts yesterday is hilarious! (Including mine!). I'd say they could be a tough item to sell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭wassie

I also have a MS Office 365 Sub @ €7/month, and that comes with 1TB storage, so I've started to back up my photos to there as well.

+1 for this. Just install the Onedrive app and in settings you can set to back up to cloud automatically (over wifi and/or cellular data). You can then have that sync a local copy on your laptop/pc or even to a external hard drive. You can probably also do this with any of the major cloud storage services like Googles also.

Yeah that was bound to happen. I'm going to keep mine up and give them to my misses for her birthday. I was going to give away the QC 35's that I got last year, I was hoping to upgrade to NC 700/QC 45, but I'm not wearing white headphones so I'll keep my old ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭retroactive

Has anyone tried contacting Google and asking for the Black 700s? I cant wear white headphones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,314 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Why can't you wear white headphones? Are you allergic to the white plastic or something?

Yes. I once saw a photo of Jocelyn Wildenstein fainted.

Funnily enough, there are tonnes of skins for the QC35 online, but can't see any for the QC45. I don't know how similar in shape they are.

That would be one way of getting around the white problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭beardo81

I'd try swapping on Adverts maybe - someone might want to swap Black 700s for those.

Google won't help, a third party looked after this promo.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Johnboy316

Hi folks,

I'm weighing up ordering the Pixel Pro 6 or the S22+.

The only real negative I'm seeing is the battery on the Pixel where it supposedly performs poorly (albeit the review is from Nov).

What are you thoughts on the Pixel Pro?

Cheers

Good Morning,

Thank you for your email.

We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed with the colour of the headphones and we sincerely apologise for the inconvenience.

Please note that as per the terms and conditions, in the event of unforeseen circumstances or exhaustion of Reward stocks, the Administrator reserves the right to substitute the Reward with an alternative reward of equal or greater value for the Reward.

We hope you enjoy your new free headphones despite the colour.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

If I wasn't a hopeless Android purist, I'd get the S22 in a heartbeat. It's the better phone in pretty much every way, and Samsung now even provides longer Software support than the big G themselves. Unless you are dead set on Vanilla Android, the S22 is the easy choice.

• Advertisement

Yeah, if you're comparing the Pixel 6 Pro with headphones, I'd still defo go for the P6. If you're going Samsung S22+, you'd have to go the 256GB version, as the 128 "only" has 8GB RAM. You can offset that extra cost if you get the free buds and sell them. Samsung's One UI is decent these days. The best thing they ever did was drop Touchwiz, it really slowed down their phones.

The price of phones today is ridiculous. I used to buy a flagship at least once a year for €600. This is going right up to about 6 or 7 years ago. Now you're looking at €1500 for a true flagship. I would love the S22 Ultra, as I've had a good few Notes over the years. I just can't justify the price, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭mossie

Got the headphones earlier. I think I'm going to hold on to them as there's such a glut of them on adverts etc now they won't sell. Anyway i need a good pair of headphones for travel etc and these fit the bill. Would prefer black but these aren't a very bright white.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭d0157063

exactly my thoughts......smoke white........and i love it.....was never planning to sell anyways.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

There's a firmware update for the QC45s in the Bose Music App. Adds EQ settings

Post edited by griffdaddy on

Has anyone cracked the glass of their P6 - Any advices for how it could be fixed?

Popped into Vodafone earlier and they said it would have to be sent to google as they dont repair Pixel screens on site (estimated turn around 2 weeks. Estimated cost 150)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭wassie

Being a fairly new phone, probably not too many choices for third party repairs at the moment. You could try one of the one of the larger warranty repairers like Fonfix but I wouldn't be holding my breath as I dont know if they even service Pixel phones.

Even if they did I would still be sending it to an authorised repairer to protect the remainder of your 2 year warranty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,245 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

My P6 is still in the box. I still can't get past the slow charging. Was in Italy for a few days recently and had heavy phone use with Strava tracking ski runs, google maps in use driving around and watchign Netflix etc. on airport transfers.

The ability to plug in my OP7T for 20 mins and get a mountain of charge is still keeping me away from running the P6. Considering selling it at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭pandabat

Thought it was odd that there wasn't one there when trying them out. A welcome addition!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Supposedly google have dropped another new OTA update for P6/P6P mid month. Haven't said what it is. I'm running the L beta so can't check.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭pandabat

There is indeed a small 10MB update. Installing now

Apparently it's primarily adding a missing security fix from AOSP and updating the camera's hardware abstraction layer APEX file

https://www.androidpolice.com/google-just-rolled-out-a-surprise-mid-month-update-for-the-pixel-6-and-pixel-6-pro/amp/

Advertisement