Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

I'm going to wait for reviews before I'm tempted to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ricimaki

Livestream starts in a few minutes:

https://www.twitch.tv/cdprojektred

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Can't watch atm, what framerate is it running at?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,686 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah I only had a few hours in and haven't played in over a year, so I'm just going to start fresh.

Watching the stream, they've completely redone the skill upgrade/perks trees including removing some skills that were useless and adding new ones, so even if you load an old save, you'll have to redistribute all your skills from scratch anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ha, they are looking at the traffic taking about ai cars when an ai car ploughed into a parked car and flipped. They swung the camera straight away from it :D

Looks better but i won't believe anything until i can actually play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I don't know some people do drive like that. Did you see that woman in Canberra in Australian a few days ago. She nearly flipped her car after a argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I was thinking about what sort of DLCs they could bring out for Cyberpunk. I reckon they could probably bring out a prologue DLC that covers the first six months of V's life in Night City after joining Jackie and becoming his partner in crime. It would basically coincide with the video montage that we see at the beginning of the game that shows Jackie and V doing a bunch of interesting stuff. I heard that initially they were meant to be part of the game as missions you were supposed to do with Jackie but they got cut from the game so maybe it will be brought out as a DLC sometime later.

• Advertisement

50gb patch. Ps4 owners have to install a new version of the game, look for the ps5 logo.

New driving model, economy rebalanced, more cash from rewards, easier to buy things, better ai from enemies, npc, drivers, perks reworked. First free dlc will have 2 new rifles in stock at Wilson's.

Can now change appearance from your apartment. Character creation was a lot more options, looks much better as well.

New website from your apartment to rent be apartment or renovate current apartment. New apts suit different life styles in different areas. Nibbles only status on default apt though. You can own all apartments at same time. Each apt stash is shared across apartments. Also shared to vehicle stash.

Apartments have activities that give you buffs.

The relationships are fleshed out to message them more and unlock more activities. After a certain time, your partners gaf will become your safehouse.

New secrets to find in the city of you explore around. Now has a walk button to take in the sights.

You can play guitar in your apt and choose the song to play.

Dualsense and haptic enhancements for ps5.

Have they said when the upgrade will be available?

Release date - now apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Will they be adding Tattoo parlors to the game? Seems strange that the only tattoos you can get are the ones in the character creation menu and some tattoos from completing certain missions.

For those moving from PS4 to PS5, noticed this in the patch notes

Implemented native achievement support on next-gen consoles. Note that as the next-gen version has a different SKU, PlayStation trophies obtained in backward compatibility will not be transferred. Xbox achievements will automatically appear on the new version using the Smart Delivery feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭KurtBarlow

How do i get the Update. I have the ps4 Disc in my ps5

I think if you click the "start" button on the game it should produce a list of options, one is to check for updates.

• Advertisement

If you have the ps4 digital version, go to the psn store, search cyberpunk and select the ps4 game. The ps5 free upgrade version will be over on the right. 55gb download for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭KurtBarlow

Yea i think Ive figured it out. Its only a trial yea!? So will those that purchased the ps4 Version have to pay for it when it does get realised

• Registered Users Posts: 33,686 ✭✭✭✭Penn

No, there's a free trial available for everyone to try the game, a 5-hour trial. If you bought the PS4 version of the full game though, you can upgrade to the PS5 version of the game for free.

So I've installed from the disc I bought today, I assume that's going to be the ps5 version or is there anything I need to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭DarkJager21

Jesus I’d love to be playing this again for the first time, hope the newcomers enjoy it :) I played about 105 hours on base PS4, the story and characters are brilliant.

Just a tip but it’s very easy to become overpowered by the later levels using the hacking skills, by the end of mine I could literally park up outside a mission, crime scene or building and fry everybody through the CCTV without even stepping foot out of the car 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭McFly85

Currently installing the PS5 version. I had to go into the store and buy the PS5 upgrade for €0 and download the PS5 version(I own it digitally so not sure if it’s different for disc owners).

Its more out of curiosity than anything else! I didn’t have too many crashes when I played it when it came out but it’s was weirdly empty and not massively fun to play. Be interesting to see how far it’s come.

I couldn't see the PS5 version on my system. Just showed PS4 version and PS5 trial. I'll have a look again later. Ridiculous that I have the PS5 over a year and can't figure out stuff like this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Downloading a ~90 GB PS5 SKU at the moment. Just needed to buy the free next gen upgrade in the store and then got the option to download.

• Advertisement

Sizing is weird. It told me 166gb but then at at the download screen, it said 55gb for ps5 and 60 something for ps4. Their stream said the patch alone was 50gb. Must check to make sure I'm downloading the right thing. Feck sake Sony.

Edit: yeah, 56gb total size for ps5 version for me.

Advertisement