Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Gal22

Just got the home charger approval letter from SEAI...any recommendations on what charger to buy.

The Elli ID charger is where I'm leaning towards. Main consideration is to be able to program the car to begin/end charging during night tariff rate. As I understand I can program that from the car, so don't really need any smart functions from the charger itself.

Anything else I need to consider.

Thanks in advance...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

As I understand I can program that from the car

In theory yes.... but that function is broken in all the ID cars right now. You will need to manually start it until VW fix it later this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

They are all much the same, depends what you want yourself. An electrician who came to fix our Zappi from up the country recommended one make I can't remember the name, but I think Mad_Lad has the same make if he is reading..

Don't rely on your car programming at the moment, VW haven't fixed it yet, but hopefully in the next big update..

When I need to charge I just plug in when home and then switch off from the app. Then turn on from app after 11pm on cheap night rate. (I am not an early bird😊) And have pre set limit in car. 80% or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

Im getting my Elli ID connect charger installed soon, have the box but unopened - happy to try and answer a question if I can. For myself it was impossible to find reviews of it.

Sad day today, my beloved ID.3 has gone. Bought by VW Wexford, not sure if they are going to advertise it, apparently a lot of interest in second hand EVs atm, as well as new ones which are impossible to get. The EV salesman there seems to know his stuff and was a pleasure to deal with.

Have changed my avatar..😥

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,035 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I bought mine off Aaron, he's very good in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Bif

I am car less at the moment. Ordered a Tesla Model 3 RWD last January, hopefully delivery over next number of weeks..

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭ACAandCTA

Has anyone gone through the L service package for new tyres yet?

Wondering if the dealer garage will change 2 at a time or will want to do the full set.

Only 10k km done and the rears look shot (Bridgestones!) but still a bit left on the front tyres.

Will need to read up on Continental and Goodyear etc to see if I can ask for a specific brand,but seems like Bridgestone are the worst of the bunch for wear.

Been there done that

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/117818889/#Comment_117818889

The Bridgestones are short on thread depth when new so they dont last long. We got the short straw there as the other brands that the ID.3 gets out of the factory seem to be fine. I'm on Goodyear's now and they are lasting much longer.

I changed all 4 as I rotated the wheels when I realised they were going fast. Im sure they would change 2 at a time if thats whats required. Just call your dealer.

• Advertisement

"They are all much the same, depends what you want yourself. An electrician who came to fix our Zappi from up the country recommended one make I can't remember the name, but I think Mad_Lad has the same make if he is reading.."

The charge point I recommend is the Pulsar Plus from Wallbox, a lot smaller on the wall and a lot easier to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭RevID3

If you want Neat and Tidy and not looking like a garden hose setup

EO Mini Pro 2

Just the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭VWPAT

I have tethered wallbox. Reviews on it are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

The scheduled charging from my zappi isn’t working at the moment. Anyone else having this issue? I had to go out at 12:30 last night to wake up the car. As moving from eco+ to fast in myenergi app didn’t work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

Have you checked if it needs a firmware update...

https://support.myenergi.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360020251758

Never even thought of it. Will look at that.

Didn’t charge again.

is anyone else having this issue with the zappi? It’s like the car isn’t waking up to charge at scheduled time.

That was a well known problem but was supposed to be fixed by an update on the Zappi AND the update to the ID.3. I haven’t heard of it sense

was this working a few weeks ago, nothing has changed and now it’s not working?

Yes was working a few weeks ago but i haven’t been commuting so I can’t recall the last time it worked reliably. Nothing at all working now. When I plug in a charge starts and then zappi cuts out saying installation limit. Think we will have to phone myenergi.

eta zappi firmware updated yesterday and car is in 2.3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

Definitely must be a zappi fault so. Mine came on at the preset time last night and done it's thing.

2.3 software and zappi up to date also.

Myenergi support is supposed to be top notch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭electricus

My Zappi is still working too, latest firmware installed.

I get a charge failed notification from the WeConnect app a couple of minutes after plugging in but it charges from 11pm when the Zappi schedule starts.

Did you check the car timers in case anything changed there?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭zx80

I got my ID.3 in June 2021 with software version 2.1. In November I contacted Volkswagen Digital Services asking when I could expect OTA to 2.3 and they replied be patient the rollout was taking place over the coming months and they confimed my VIN was in the rollout. I contacted them again last week and got the reply below. Is the "next update" referred to below 3.0? I thought that you couldn't go from 2.1 directly to 3.0. Anybody else still on 2.1 and awaiting 2.3?

Thank you for contacting Volkswagen Digital Services.

Regarding your request, we would ask you to await the next update as it will become available during this year. You will of course be informed on this and what steps you will be needing to follow.

For further clarifications, we remain at your disposal around the clock, 7 days a week. You may reply to this email, or call us on our dedicated line 1800 – 93 0066. We kindly ask, that you indicate your reference 0001152979 for a quick follow-up.

We wish you always a safe and pleasant journey with your favourite Volkswagen ID.3.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Bif

... zappi cuts out saying installation limit...

Ah, thats an important bit of info.... it seems to think that your fuse limit has been hit and is refusing to charge then to protect the fuse.

I'd say its either a fault or the limit setting in the menu has been reset somehow. Did the unit restart recently?

Are you familiar with the menus... there are some limits you can set.... grid limit and zappi limit but cant remember off the top of my head where they are or what exactly they are called.

It sounds like one of them might have been reset to too low a value.

Yeah there was no limit set. We played around with it but still no joy. Have granny charger plugged in now.

There should be a limit set. And there are two settings.... grid and zappi... not sure which one the zappi is complaining about.

Have you got a CT clamp setup to monitor your whole house load?

No but the major things drawing power - the heat pump and induction hob - haven’t been on when trying to charge car. Anyway will have a proper try at sorting it out tomorrow.

So you dont have a CT clamp and/or a Harvi device? There would have been one in the box, I think. Are you sure there isnt one? On the screen does it show you the picture of the grid and the house and the energy flow showing the kW's being used?

It would be strange that it would complain about grid limit if you dont have a CT configured since it has no way of knowing what is being used.

If you have no CT clamp the Grid Limit should be "Off" and the "CT1" and "CT2" settings should be "Disabled".

If you do have a CT clam the Grid limit should be set just below what your house fuse is (60A or 80A) and the CT1 setting should be set to "Grid" if its wired directly to the Zappi. CT1 should be disabled if its connected via a Harvi.

I think there is also another setting called "Supply current". Assuming its wired for 32A it should be set to that but I think the error you are getting is related to the "Grid limit" setting, not this one, but worth checking anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭remoteboy

• Advertisement

When our Zappi gave trouble last year I gave Myenergi a shout and they diagnosed over the phone, ok took a while and they had me running in and out turning on kettles immersion etc.😊 That was after I read out all the settings on our unit.

Transpired Zappi needed a new board and Harvi was defective. Had their own electrician call and fit within about two days.

Advertisement