Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

can you show any evidence that there are 130k Russian troops there?

Should be easy to spot as they'll need significantly large tent cities.

Russia used to be scary. Now they are just a laughing stock. Such a beautiful country though. Shame about it's leaders.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Try to follow the conversation.

A poster claimed the US is likely lying about the numbers of Russian troops. They citied previous US lies about the numbers of Iraqi troops in Kuwait during the Gulf War 1991.

Here is one article from 1991 where a US newspaper bought satellite photos of the area in question and had a couple satellite imaging experts review. Those experts concluded that the Iraqi troop numbers aren't even 20% of what the US claimed.

So the point here, is that the US has a precedent lying about this. We shouldn't just believe what they claim in this theatre today. We should demand proof.

Folks, do your own homework on the internet, this repetitive sh1t of "show me" is wasting bandwidth.

Searching OSINT, Ukraine, Russia etc. on Twitter is a start.

• Advertisement

Oh that scary Nancy Pelosi is already out with the narrative. Russia got scared of the US sanctions. LOL

Was there not satellite photos released? I'm sure I saw them on the guardian 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Your lying saying there is no proof they are there .

The Russians have said publicly they are there.

But apparently you think there not ,so what the Russians are making it up

Nope, the Russians didn't say they had 130k troops at Ukraine's border.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Harryd225

What is so laughable? Laughable because they didn't invade Ukraine or what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭MFPM

The Russians have said they have troops on Ukraines borders and you are arguing otherwise .....

So what now

Nope, wrong again.

The Russians have said they have troops engaged in exercises near Ukraine, they didn't say how many troops.

The US and her lackey's have pulled the number from their derrière.

It doesn't matter ....

WTAF like.

The Russians said they are there ,your saying otherwise again WTAF

It doesn't matter if Russia has 10k troops involved in an exercise when the US claims they have 130k troops?

Yes it does matter because one is a potential threat to Ukraine and the other isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Shao Kahn

How does saying what you think might happen, equal saying what you WANT to happen? You should try engaging your brain every now and then. It can aid with these simple comprehension issues. lol

NATO and the west have proven that they do not promote peace in their foreign interventions.

The west has also proven on numerous occasions, that they do not understand the difference between right and wrong. So they have no business telling people in any other regions what is right or wrong or how to run their own affairs. Not to mention they're completely useless at "fixing" any of these types of conflicts. And they very often make them far worse when they try.

I mean, even look at our own little western nation. There are countless examples of where we don't know right from wrong... our judges don't understand right from wrong. We can't even provide affordable housing to hard working citizens, but yet we give free housing to people who have no intention of ever working etc etc etc... I could go on and on... These are glaring examples of how we don't know what's right or wrong... we're clueless.

Yet we are arrogant enough in the west, to think we can preach to everyone else about how much we understand right from wrong... and how we're so very certain of how they should be conducting themselves.

I'm not surprised nations such as Russia just laugh at the west, and disregard most of what we preach to them. They're damn f**king right to ignore us and run their own affairs. They don't seem to give 2 sh!ts about western opinions or judgments. Good for them I say! 👍️

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives, and it puts itself into our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." (John Wayne)

It's beginning to look like what the Ukrainians have been saying all along is far more in line with the truth than what the Americans and Brits have been telling us.

The Ukrainian president said in an interview last month "The interpretation in the West and specifically the media campaign, the scare about an imminent Russian invasion, should be viewed carefully."

"This narrative is fed by nameless, anonymous officials to the media, while it’s far from clear that this is an accurate description of Russian plans."

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭jolivmmx

This conversation has become tiring. I just cannot be bothered with the fallacies promoted by the bots.

For all those bitching about NATO’s intervention and how they are the war-mongers , a little bit of perpetual peace by Kant is required.

He states that if a state is divided in two parts, through its own internal affairs, and each state considers themselves a separate state and claims authority over the whole (ie Russia and Ukraine and Russia claiming authority over Ukraine), we should not consider another external state (NATO) support towards one state over the other (ie Ukraine) as interference in another state’s constitution. Because the alternative is anarchy.

But sure, what did Kant know?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭circadian

Yeah I think I am. I'm happy to have a discussion, and I was enlightened with seeing that document from 2020 but your aggressive posting and pontification is hard to be enamoured by. It certainly doesn't encourage healthy discussion, that's for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

So you can’t then. Figured as much. Puts you into the same category as Shao Khan.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

There was a similar amount of Russian troops on the border last year in Spring, it seems clear to me the Ukrainians have been right all along on this matter. This whole scare of an invasion came from the CIA with little to no evidence, they were merely telling the media what they wanted people to hear for their own benefit.

The Ukrainian president last month asked the West to stop creating panic over the situation, he said in an interview last month "The interpretation in the West and specifically the media campaign, the scare about an imminent Russian invasion, should be viewed carefully."

"This narrative is fed by nameless, anonymous officials to the media, while it’s far from clear that this is an accurate description of Russian plans."

It seems clear to me the CIA seen the massive build up of troops in spring last year and knowing this would likely happen again soon they decided it would be a great opportunity to create fear and hostility towards Russia while also escalating tensions in Ukraine to further their objectives, whatever they may be.

I'm not the one claiming there are 130k troops there.

I've seen some satellite images of some tanks and armored personnel carriers, helicopters, about 10 jets. I've seen not single image that shows the massive tent cities necessary to house 130k troops.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭jolivmmx

This poster likes to regularly post propaganda and criticise other users (see yesterday’s posts).

Case closed! Some random guy on the internet has seen the satellite images. QED.

Who do you think that this intelligence benefits? Do you think that the NATO communities want to be in a state of war with Russia? To what end? Our economies are heavily dependent on globalisation. If that falters, so too does our economy. Economic hardship is not good for any Western government. There are some major elections pending.

So, do you think that they are just coming up with wild intelligence for the laugh?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I dunno if this is over yet the cyber attacks against Ukrainian governments and banks plus the well predicted false flag terrorist reports in donbas coming from russian media sounds very much like a precursor to something.

Turns out the Russian troops who are supposedly returning to their home bases are actually based closest to Ukraine.

I don't have a clue about exactly how many troops are on the border, I just assume the numbers to be true but I think it's stupid to say there is no logical reason for fake intelligence, the president of Ukraine himself has expressed plenty of reasons he believes the USA have been trying to escalate the situation by spreading fear and panic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭MFPM

You started this discussion on a smart alec jibe about 'nuance', then it was 'you done'..my responses were in that context...my posts are not agressive, but if you followed the thread you'd note I have been subjected to a huge amount of spinning and false allegations so there's a context to my posting style.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement