Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭KurtBarlow

This is a total joke. I cant find the ps5 version. It just says trial

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

This is what i saw for the ps4 digital version. Are disk users seeing the same? The last disc upgrade i had, death standing, i went to the game icon on the home screen, there was a play now button and a little ... button beside it. That button let me choose the PS5 version which brought me to the ps5 version download page on the store, might be the same for this?

I think the disc upgrade is not on the Irish store yet. Either that or i'm completely blind. If I go to select version there is a PS5 trial (55GB) and a PS5 full version for €24.99. I tried it with both install disc and play disc in the PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭KurtBarlow

Same for me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Same for me with the disc. saw some people on twitter saying it would let them download from the PS App but not the console, though I tried that and not working for me. Hurray!

We can't all be stupid so i'd say the Playstation store just hasn't updated for disc upgrades yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Bought the PS4 version a couple months ago in anticipation of this upgrade so I never downloaded it, very straightforward for me to get just the PS5 version downloading, I can understand why there would be problems with the disc version though.

I’ve been waiting years for this and spent the last 14 months pretending the game never actually came out so I’m dead excited to get stuck into it over the weekend. 😁

For those who are having trouble updating the disc version - it is some kind of **** up in the EU to do with disc codes or what not. CDPR are aware of it.

Supposedly something that works is to create a Polish PSN account (or perhaps a UK region account). I can't be bothered doing that for one game, I will wait for a proper fix.

I forgot how bananas the character creator is. Spending way too much time deciding between Nipples 1 and Nipples 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Absolutely no problem with the Xbox series X update, which was closer to 64 GB than 50.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Had a go there. Not the most impressive next-gen upgrade tbh - you definitely need to go to PC to get the real bells and whistles version of the game. There’s definitely a noticeably sharper image, although the game already ran at a pretty stable 60 FPS on PS5 so that’s just the same as it was. Ray tracing in this limited form is definitely not worth the downgrade to 30. HDR actually works as well, albeit the settings menu for it is a mess. The controller is buzzing and haptic-ing away as is the PS5 way.

Menus are significantly tidier now - the UI has had a much needed pass although it still isn’t particularly elegant. It’s definitely still the same mediocre, underwhelming RPG underneath it all despite the minor quality of life upgrades and small added features. But hopefully at least the build is much more stable, as the endless crashes were the really criminal part of playing the game’s PS4 version on PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Pretty much the same! Got the PS4 digital version for €25 on 5th January for the PS5 upgrade!

Have had very limited exposure to the game since release. Am away, but excited to play it when I'm back.

The original release was a godfamn fiasco, but happy to play it now for a bargain price, and hopefully it's now good.

"It’s definitely still the same mediocre, underwhelming RPG"

As I suspected. I don't think I'll bother.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Why not just play it for yourself and make up your own mind on it? I haven't finished it yet but I thought it was a great game.

Because I don't want to spend money on a game that I'm fairly sure I'm not going to like. I have friends who bought it and they gave me plenty of feedback. That and what I've seen online about the game itself makes me want to stay away.

Maybe I'll try it in a few years when I can get the special edition with all dlc for a tenner on sale. Maybe it will arrive on Game Pass like The Witcher did. I can wait.

Lots and lots of positive feedback on Reddit.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

John Linneman says 30 FPS might be a particularly bad option here, which would track with the brief bit I tried earlier. But otherwise says it seems like a good version.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Perhaps its the sour opinion that's mediocre. I enjoyed it a lot, and that was on an xbox one x. It looks a lot better on the series X, so I am looking forward to playing it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Not working for me off the disc way, only getting a trial option on PS5, maybe it only goes live at 12 or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

No it would appear not, it is to do with the CUSA code on the disc. from CPDR's site:

These countries may carry different disc versions with different languages, check with your vendor which disc version they have in stock

Includes: Belgium, Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Malta, Norway, Portugal, Sweden, The Netherlands

Basically if you are in one of these countries your disc may have a CUSA code on the disc that doesn't match your region, which will deny you the free update. What another gigantic **** up. I bought the **** game 14 **** months ago, then decided to wait for the next gen version, what a **** waste.

I bought my disc off Amazon, surely Ireland and England are the one disc area, no?

It has a PEGI 18 Euro logo on my copy CUSA16579

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I bought mine from ShopTo I think, so not really sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

Came home from the pub and xbox had updated it. Sound

Not only that I just turned it on and hit continue and its where I left it over a year ago. As great as haptics were in the tech demo that came with my ps5 the console really is getting no reason to be turned on the last while.

I'm sure it will be sorted soon enough anyway, someone forgot to hit the correct button, lol

Bought it today just to play the upgrade, I'm sure it'll be sorted.

Looks so much better than the ps4 version and i have to say, i usually turn off haptics, especially for 3rd party games as they always seem tacked on but they feel great in this. The way when you aim and shoot, there's a rumble in the left trigger that makes you feel like you're holding the gun steady with your left hand. Hats off on that.

They've made some kind of screw up on their end because there are reports from all over Europe of the same problem. I would hope it's fixed tomorrow.

This is a great comparison video.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭McFly85

Just had an hour or so in it(started again) and it’s definitely an improvement. Driving and shooting are noticeably better, which is great considering that will be most of what you do!

Places actually look busy now too which helps! Was offputting when it came out walking around this mega city that seemed to have a few hundred people in it.

Might be one that I jump in and out of, it’s kind of handy to do a few missions here and there.

Advertisement