Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

Yes you are correct, I think I may be a bit confused..😊

ID.3 Tyres. 215/55/18

M3 Tyres. 235/45/18.

The M3 with 18" I drove on a few bad bits around Cork was very comfy, far better than I expected. Road noise not bad either. Happy to have ordered same. The 19" I am sure would be grand as well..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Sadly other brands seem to be just as bad right now.

If you look at some of the ID3 and ID4 threads you'll find some people who have had frequently changing delivery dates. Seems to be an issue with MG too.

Seen a few on Facebook as well who are getting pretty pissed at getting yet another new delivery date and getting their trade in value reduced.

I'll note that Tesla took 2K off my trade in when the initial one expired too. Tesla trade ins are valid for 60 days and my order was placed in October so it expired in December. I'd decided to go double EV at that point anyway and keep the BMW i3s and get rid of the Diesel elsewhere, but I was curious to see what they would come back with.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Noticed a bit improvement in autopilot. Far less jerky when breaking and it made two corners today that were always disconnects before.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭JDilleen

Final invoice is in my account now. I'm assuming the next steps for me are:

1. Insure the car
    2. Tax the car (the Motor Tax website doesn't recognise my Reg. and PIN (last 6 digits of VIN), how long does that take?)
    3. Wait painstakingly until the 24th.

Anything I have missed?

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

2k jez that's rough the value of the car I sold went up from when I was initially looking to sell it last July.

• Advertisement

I see Tesla are biting the bullet and looking at lidar. FSD using radars and mainly camera's was a novel approach but I think the redundancy of Lidar is needed for actual auto pilot.

I'd say it's one of the main reasons regulators won't sign it off like they did for Daimler.

I know Elon said human drivers only need sight to drive....but human drivers have a lot of crashes 🤔.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

That is pretty much it. Motor tax would probably recognize the reg tomorrow. The insurance companies later on in a couple of days. Maybe they've got better since but we got odd quotes before the reg was on their system. I used cartell to find when the reg is in the public domain.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Ricey3509

I was able to switch my insurance (online) yesterday - no charge with 123. Motor tax not recognising reg so that will probably take a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

I was able to tax mine the day after the proof of registration document appeared in the account, so seems quick enough these days.

It's not showing up on cartell yet that seems a bit slower.

Unfortunately, no luck for me yet on the Motor Tax website. Proof of registration appeared on Saturday so maybe it could a day or two extra since it was the weekend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Petetheroadie

I just got a March 14th Estimated delivery date from Tesla (via asking in the chat) 👍

(RWD, Blue, Black, Aeros)

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭JOL1

When did you place order. I am hopeful of something similar i ordered January 17th.

Which chat did you ask in? I am also a January order, have been told I have been matched with a car. (No VIN as yet)

In no immediate hurry, but I will be EVless as of tomorrow..😪

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Petetheroadie

The chat bubble didn't pop up for my on the IE or UK site but did on the DE one

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Ricey3509

I was able to tax mine this morning, so I’d imagine yours will be taxable now as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Checked source code this morning and VIN has disappeared. RWD, Blue, 19, White, Oct Order. FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭JOL1

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

Normally it takes the next working day before you can tax it.

You're correct, was taxable this morning. Insured and taxed now, just a matter of waiting for the next 201 hours and 12 minutes to pass. I also got the text this afternoon confirming the reg and VIN (which was available via the Proof of Registration document). Natalie also sent me the EV Form to sign and send back, I think I'm all done!

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

A couple of tips for pickup day:

1. If you have a iPad bring it with you and download the Inspect T app. This is a very handy app for reviewing the state of the car on pick up - covers all aspects of potential pitfalls. You can export any issues into an emailed pdf for them to raise service requests to. For me the only issue I noticed post delivery was a whistling noise when the AC is on. Still trying to get it fixed (been back once) but that wouldn't have made me reject the car at delivery.
    2. Be certain of where the pickup place is - I went to the wrong car place with a similar name so caused a bit of hassle. The description on the website wasn't great.
    3. If you are trading in your car with Tesla they really just need your log book and service history - don't need the other stuff they ask for on the website such as tax discs (bring it with you just in case). They check mileage and that's it.
    4. Don't feel you have to rush - they are there for the whole day. Some people take hours to go through everything, inspect the car and set it up to their preference. Don't worry about it.
    5. Make sure the mudflaps and usb key are in the car. There were some that weren't when we got delivery. I would also check to see if the charging pad is present (there wasn't in mine when I took delivery but was completed shortly after).
    6. Some of the most important settings to be comfortable with are the steering sensitivity, side mirror settings, steering wheel position, chair position, regenerative breaking.
    7. Take it easy with Autopilot on the first day - put the breaking distance back to 3/4 car distance (right scroll wheel - click it left or right). Engage it when on the dual carriageway or motorways so you get used to it. It doesn't like roundabouts, exits/entrances off motorways and can be prone to random phantom breaking. Once you get comfortable with it you will be able to anticipate the pitfalls after a couple of days.
    8. Turning circle for me felt a bit wider than other cars I had - probably more so because I didn't want to bump the wheel. Just be wary of it.
    9. Turn on Joe mode - it reduces the notification noises from ear piercing to manageable.
    10. Log into your Youtube, Netflix and Spotify/Tidal when you get the car. These can be finnicky to do if you are just rocking up at a charger.
    11. Beforehand - sign up for ESB ecards card/app, Easygo app/fob etc. Handy to have the fobs /cards in your car when the mobile apps dont work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭PaulJoseph22

Make sure you thoroughly check the paint work and for gaps in the panels.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I was at the service centre in Sandyford at the weekend. Went over a selection of MIC M3s, fantastic quality versus US build, no gaps, no paint defects and I know the usual places to check. Very impressive

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

No issues with Paint in the whole now for MIC cars. The paint is still soft, but that's a characteristic of the paint in question rather that a lack luster paint job that the Fremont built M3's got.

Panel gaps have all but disappeared now.

There are certain posters who's brothers best friends dog has a M3 seemly and the paint and panel gap is so bad that he done nothing about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭PaulJoseph22

Why so defensive and downright rude. Our company paid for it and as a co owner and one who drives it when we swap the PHEV, I’m entitled to offer my view. No need to get personal.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

That's my personal opinion.

Now, if you want to get serious, and answer the questions raised previously, in the countless other threads, I would consider your opinions rather than unbiased half facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭ferg01

How long did it take for others to get an offer on their trade in?

I wouldn't worry about I think his post count has inflated his ego.... Best change the thread to Tesla appreciation society. You can't say anything negative. I don't see that on other threads people will call out issues and try to be balanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Seurat

Looking to buy a Model 3. Family of 4, so two babys seats (which would be turned backwards). Thinking the 3 over the Y as even tho the extra space is great it wouldnt totally be needed and the range of the 3 is better

I like the range and the boot space for bikes prams etc.

Is there anyone here who has any regrets buying 3 over Y, or even buying 3 instead of a different Ev (not ice)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭mobyduck

Have the M3 and love it but it not being a hatchback is likely the biggest gotcha if lugging pram and/or small bikes around. So worth testing that if you have not already.

Advertisement