Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volkswagen ID3 Delays

Options
  • 16-02-2022 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi. Not sure if this has been discussed but just wondering what people are being told about Volkswagen ID3 Delays by dealers. I ordered mine in early September to be told I would have it for week 1 January 2022. This hasn't happened and have been fobbed off since with no definitive delivery date... I'm sure there are other people in this boat and wondering what they are being told...

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

It’s a pretty common problem right now.

what ID3 did you order? A rumour is going and that the higher spec cars are being prioritised. So might be worthwhile if others had the version of the car as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 boredsenseless87

I ordered the Tech version so it's one of the higher specs... I'm being told the usual thing thats it's built waiting on a semiconductor

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

In a similar boat to you - it's par for the course at the moment. I ordered a Tour 5 in mid-September. I was told December / January delivery.

In Feb, got two calls each with a bit of different information. Roughly the gist was: Build week looking like mid-April, Delivery in June / July (possibly). Sales rep almost seemed disappointed that I wanted to wait for the Tour5 rather than go for a lower-spec.

Online discussion seems to suggest that priority might also be given to id.4, rather than high-spec id.3, and higher profit margin models.

Well I've been given the chassis number of my car so I'm hoping that means it's built 🤔 has anyone actually contacted VW directly instead of the dealer for an update?

• Advertisement

Fingers crossed for you - that is a positive step 🙂

I contacted VW, since I only have the commission number and no VIN yet. They were the ones that were able to give the more detail of mid-April (build week 18, I think). Dealer was nebulous with "second-half of the year, June/July at best"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Audi are literally cancelling customer orders at the moment on Q4 Etrons as they (Audi) seem to have issues with production*.

So there's clearly issues with VW group.

*simi conductors I assume.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Dealer understands the build weeks aren’t set in stone was doing a bit of expectation management

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭fits

Well if it’s built and you have the chassis number you’ll get it. Fingers crossed you won’t be waiting long.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 backbones

I've ordered a Tour 5 in October and have also been told Build Week 18. It'll be interesting to see what happens to earlier orders to get an idea of how reliable the build week estimate is.

I have to say, it also sounds like the dealers you were dealing with basically lied to you on when to expect the car if they said ordering in September/October would deliver by 1 Jan. I spoke to my dealer first in early September, he was telling me that orders they were taking then they weren't expecting to deliver until March 2022 at the least. So I at least knew that my wait would be at least 6 months.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Very common. Guys on here that were due Audi's in April have been told 2023 now.

Others due MG's have been pushed from June to October etc

Its partly fueling the second hand market at the moment!

When the car hadn't arrived in early January he told me I'd definitely have it by month's end too (which obviously hasn't happened) So made contact with VW this evening who told me that my car was built in week 45 of last year but they still can't give me a date for when it will be ready to ship....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Registered Users Posts: 11 backbones

It was going to the US so unless VW has a crazy route for deliveries it shouldn't be any European orders. Question is how it might impact production schedules if they need to remake any cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭cannco253

Diess said VW has introduced an early warning system for potential shortages and the company's software developers have already put 150 technical alternatives into the cars to replace missing chips.

Top models of VW Group's Porsche, Audi, Bentley and Lamborghini brands are already sold out for all of 2022, and its truck businesses also seeing well-filled order books, he said.

The Wolfsburg plant is expected to produce about 570,000 vehicles this year, works council head Daniela Cavallo said.

I wouldn't mind seeing a list of what the "150 technical alternatives" were...

I wonder if "technical alternatives" is like Tesla who removed a couple of USB ports from some models because of component shortages.

Advertisement