Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer 2019 in Revenue - Tax, Audit and Compliance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Meke2006

nope - emailed last week - no movement on my county at all yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ChromeDreams

Apparently it was mentioned in the audit training call recently that they will be taking on more EOs in April or May 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 37 WackyShaqy

Yeah, that was said in passing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,580 ✭✭✭StevenToast

I have just started in Revenue, 2 more EOs needed in my area

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 kazoo2001

Post edited by kazoo2001 on

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭BJG524

Anyone at all taken off the panel in Limerick or Kerry?

I got my offer from the local panel (Wexford) today. I was no.2 so I am assuming there is at least one other.

They mentioned that training will begin on either March 31st or April 7th.

Garda vetting forms etc were issued right after my reply so it looks like things will be moving at a decent pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 H.P. Baxxter

I've been offered a position in Cork, same March / April start dates. I was 5th in the panel a couple of weeks ago, so seems like there's a few being taken on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 WonderingWoman

Hi all, hoping you can clarify something!

Regarding references: 

Is it acceptable to use two different Line Managers in your current place of employment? 

I’m with the same employer for >6years so no clear point of contact at previous employer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Kentenken

How soon did you receive a vetting link after sending out the forms? How long does the vetting take now?

Got the same start dates as above, seem to be a bit tight if vetting will take a while.

Garda vetting should be done in under two weeks, unless you've lived abroad for a while, in which case it could take longer.

I sent in forms late yesterday, vetting link arrived lunchtime today.

Post edited by H.P. Baxxter on

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kentenken

Thank you H.P., I didn't get the link yet, sent the forms 1st of February, hopefully it'll come early next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Mon2002

Just got an offer for my 2nd choice of location, training starting 31st March or 7th April. Could anyone who started in January advise on what the training involves. Thanks

Is anyone else with a March 31st/ April 7th start date waiting forever for their qualifications to be verified?

I'm still waiting on the Garda vetting; which could take two weeks, give or take. If you look at the vetting tracking site, and the last message was about being submitted for processing, that's where the wait is. Once they move on and send you the next notification, their end should be wrapped up within a day.

Thanks H.P! I'm not too much worried about Garda Vetting as I've been through that with Revenue before and I know it can take time.

Just in my qualifications they requested transcripts but I haven't had word back yet about them being 'accepted', so to speak. I contact them but they just say basically that it's gone up the chain to be verified.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 WonderingWoman

Hi all, if you’ve lived in Australia for a couple of years do you need a police clearance cert as part of the Garda vetting? I didn’t see it mentioned in the info received!

Have recd 31/03 or 7/4 start dates too ... sent of vetting today. Hoping won't be too long coming back. 🤞🤞 Anyone who started in Jan got any more detail about what they've been doing since they started ?

Hi Meke, can I ask what location you're starting in? I know a couple of the January starts and they've just been doing remote training towards the ITI exam (I think).

• Advertisement

Sligo

Post edited by Meke2006 on

• Registered Users Posts: 9 REVCOLIM

I have a March/Apr start date for Limerick. My qualification was verified straight away and I am just waiting on Garda clearance. Just to add I already work as an EO in Revenue. Had to go through external comp to go to audit due to the criteria that had to be met.

Spoke to a Jan starter and they are all doing their ITI's at the minute with the exams in April.

Yes all verified too just waiting on the garda clearance. Can't wait to get started now. How are the Jan starters finding it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Philipberry

Hi REVCOLIM what qualification did u have, was it ITI Tax technician. I am thinking about doing this course, would you have a better chance of getting eo in audit with it

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Mon2002

Post edited by Mon2002 on

• Registered Users Posts: 9 REVCOLIM

Hi Philipberry. Yes I have the ITI tax technician completed. It's one of the requirements to apply for it. I don't know if it makes it easier to get the position compared to any of the other requirements / qualifications to be honest (and I doubt it makes a difference in the interview) but it is definitely worth doing if you are thinking of going for audit as it is part of the training requirements when beginning the audit programme. So for instance if you apply for the audit job with say a degree in maths you will have to complete the tax technician as part of the audit training. If you have the tax technician completed prior to starting audit then you do some sort of fast tracked training. Again I haven't started yet so I am unsure of the time frame for training at the minute but I have been told I don't have to do the Iti exam element of training.

Sorry to but in but I am starting soon as a Clerical Officer in Revenue. Is it one exam as part of the training? If so are the lectures during working hrs or evenings and weekends, thanks.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kazoo2001

Hi, anyone with start date end of March received any further instructions such as who they are to meet on day one, what time and any info on the training? Also is the training & lectures during work time? Anyone on here that started in January that can give any info would be great!

• Advertisement

No nothing since contract sent back and garda vetting completed.

Advertisement