Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia EV6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Onlyzeone

I like his channel and this is how I found out about the release of the update, but unlike other updates I receive, Kia don't seem to release official update notes, saying what was fixed or changed. It would make life easier if they did this I think... unless they don't know themselves what it will fix and are just hoping things, in general will improve...

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Onlyzeone

The diverse experiences people seem to have with the software in this car leaves more questions than answers. It seems to improve some people's cars, stop things that were working in other cars.

There just doesn't seem to be much consistency in either the issues people are having, how they are being fixed or the effect these updates are having on the car fixing these issues, if actually fixing anything...

I'm referring to the preheating issue. My car would not pre heat from the remote before this update, it does now, but every piece of glass in the car was covered in condensation because of it... So without wiping the windscreen, which I really don't like doing because it causes streaks, I ended up waiting about as long for the windscreen to clear as it would have taken if had not pre heated.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭ec_pc

All, can anyone confirm the latest version of the EV6 software to download via the Kia Navigation Updater app? I assume this is the way to download the latest patches? I can only download November 21 update @ 37 GB. Where or how can I find the Feb update? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 45 ClassicRellic52

Just had a note from my dealer to drop the car into them for a software update which will allow the ability for OTA updates. He did not mention preheating fix.

Looks like the Kia Charge app is available in Ireland now:- www.kiacharge.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭ffocused

I would be hesitant to download the new version, it seems to be in pre release because it’s not showing as latest update.

The January update that EV Odyssey downloaded was pulled a few days after he installed it, so I will be waiting for update.Kia.com to show a new update notification before downloading it.

It would be an interesting conversation in dealer if it breaks something and your answer is a lad on YouTube or Boards told me about it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭eltoastero

I downloaded it last night and installed, the KIA/Hyundai software on the PC showed the version as 21/11/21 or something but the version on the car screen showed "220211" or similar (as in 11 FEB 2022). I've yet to play with it to see what has changed, my main hope was to get the pre-heating working, but the menu screen did seem a tiny bit snappier. I will try to hoke out a changelog to see what has changed (and then confirm).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭ffocused

Thanks for that! I just signed up using my VIN and we get 12 months Ionity for 27c/kw with no subscription fee other then €2.49 activation fee on EV6. It also covers ESB but not EasyGo and they send charge card out in the post.

You can register now with VIN and choose a start date for your free subscription too, so I delayed mine until St Patrick’s weekend as unlikely to need it before then.

I will be sticking with ESB direct for their chargers as it’s a lot more expensive from Kia, 49c session fee + 40c /kw on both fast and slow chargers.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

Has anyone upgraded from Kia e-Niro to EV6 via a dealer with whom you had a PCP deal. My PCP ends next March so wondering did you have to have an additional cash-down deposit for the EV6? I'll ask the dealer too, just wondering what others experience has been

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

You can figure most of that out on kiacredit.ie. Just put in your GMV figure as the deposit and see what's available.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Stefs_42

Think twice before upgrading from eniro to ev6. Range in ev6 is actually worse than eniro s one! If range is not an issue then comparison betweenthose 2 cars us like night and day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Nellakram

Do we all have to do these SW updates manually ourselves ? Or will the over the air update start working at some point ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

How are folks finding the KIA connect app

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

I thought when I got the EV6 that I'd never use the V2L feature but lo and behold the power went down today and an extension lead to the car gave us all our kettle boiling requirements for a few hours! very handy.

Tell us more about that.....I'm presuming you could run lights and tv also ? Did the battery hold up or was it just to boil the kettle ? Thanks

Just had an extension lead from the car to the kitchen, some lights and the kettle is all that was used over a few hours. I'd say the kettle was boiled 3 times, lost between 1 and 2% of battery .. it was handy to use, just plug it in and press the button, green light appears, good to go. Apparently it's good for up to 3.6kW so how long your battery would hold up is obviously dependent on what you use off it. Perfectly good for lights, TV and occasional kettle use ..

Was it just a normal 3pin socket on one end of the cable and another 3pin on the other end reversed into the house?

Just a standard cable reel like this plugged into the V2L adapter in the car charging port.

Does anyone know if I sign up for the discounted year through Kia, will the card only work with my EV6, in other words do you need a different subscription for each car ?

also done the update earlier via usb (with the car off) ..

software version was CV.S5W_L.001.001.211214 now CV_E.EUR.S5W_L.001.001.220211

firmware version was CV_E.EUR.02.211201.MICOM now CV_E.EUR.02.220127.MICOM

navigation app version was STD5W.EUR.KMC.211213.389c6dd now STD5W.EUR.KMC.220126.99a9bb7

map version was EUR.14.47.48.631.401.5 now EUR.14.47.48.631.501.5

Haven't noticed any differences though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

You'll presumably have 10-12k in cash to play with. Unless you want to lower your repayments they'll go off those numbers

Thats only statistics! I have both cars and its a straight forward comparison driving in same weather conditions at the same speed limits. E niro averaging 18kwh/100km. EV6 on other hand pulls steady 24. Battery difference in both is miniscule so unless it will be dry summer day i cant see EV6 producing any more than 300km of range. But as i said before, driving both cars is like comparing day and night. One is great starter ev, other - is solid amd beautiful family car packed with tech 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

yes the Niro may get the same or better range but its a smaller car from a different segment. Smaller wheebase, smaller interior and smaller boot.

be a bit like me saying im getting great MPG from my corsa 1.2 compared to an Astra estate.

Did anyone loose their whole profile on Kia Connect overnight ?

all settings gone including charging schedule ?

No, but I find that UVO app has become extremely glitchy as of lately!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

What you have there is an anecdote. Its perfectly valid for this to be your lived experience. I've linked to the statistics for real world driving conditions from a very reputable site which is a better indication of what people might expect to see. I wouldn't call the battery size difference miniscule either it's more that 10% better capacity.

Id well believe that some folks will get less range out of the EV6 compared to the Eniro. Eniro is not a bad car. Even on the site listed there are coming in at the same level for real world range despite the EV6 have a bigger battery and being newer. Your eniro will be cheaper to run.

Anecdote or not but I have the option to drive both cars and I do see the difference. E-Niro is a great car hence I have it as my second EV however dont get disheartened when you will not get even close to promised 500km of range in EV6. Everything to be considered here - massive wheel size compared to E-Niro, as well as size and weight ratio of both cars.

I am sitting in my car and it tells me range is 375km

if I look at App on phone and refresh, it says 390km

there is this constant difference.

one would expect the values all come from the same one source in the car ??? And use the same conditions.

the more I see of this App, well it’s a bit poorly thought out.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭eltoastero

I just signed up too, I can't seem to make the link between the free year of "IONITY power" package and my account (so the IONITY pricing is still showing at 73c/kWh) - which is a shame as I'd hoped to use it today. Perhaps it comes later via email (a promo code to enter perhaps). I'll keep ye posted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

has anybody got the remote smart parking assist to work ?

I press the look for a space button and driving through an empty car park it is not finding a space

Advertisement