Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Eir really as terrible as the reviews are saying?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Steveirl2010

The EIR Reps don't even have the decency to review Message boards to identify and support cutomers in need.

All they do is take money from vulnerable people.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭rustynutz

Are Eir really as terrible as the reviews are saying?

Yes, run away as fast as you can

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭quinnd6

I never went near Eir. I stuck with Vodafone and am happy. I got a reasonably priced contract with Vodafone and while it might not be as cheap as Eir(on their initial contract) I get calls with them also so it works out fine and is better value and I'm happy. It's always worth negotiating with your provider to get a good deal and if you're not happy it's a good idea to look around at other options but not Eir lol as can be seen from this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭RoundCube

Eir is even more terrible than the reviews say. In my case their representative promised me 1 year contract and later they started insisting that I've signed for 2 years. Fortunately I've recorded my call but I've spent a couple of weeks talking with them and didn't even receive an apology in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

I think it's a two year contract with all companies now. I'm with Three and I am two months into my second two year contract with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭corks finest

VF 12 months

my broadband anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

12 months clearly stated on my last eir email confirmation. Did you even bother to look at the email when they sent it at the time to ensure everything was correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭kyote00

EIr fibre to the home is excellent. Have it for 18 mths now

never had any issues

• Registered Users Posts: 46 XT1200

Another Eir fibre to the home broadband user. I have been with them for 5 years and am very satisfied and are axcellent. speeds I had storm damage to the line 12 months ago and this was rectified within 36 hours. Never had any trouble contacting them to renew. Would highly recommend them.

• Advertisement

Wait until u have to wade through their horrendous cc

they get voted as worst customer care in Ireland for a reason

Yes. They've sent me a confirmation with wrong details. So I spoke with them and they told me that I got a new offer and the system was not updated yet. I've recorded that call. Of course one year later they said nope, you've subscribed for two years. The recording helped.

From what I can remember, the offer on the website was 29.99/month for their VDSL line for one year.

16 months ago I spoke with them and they told me to "forget about broadband for 2-3 years". Then I spoke with them again 14 months ago and they told me that my address is going to be connected "soon". Since that time I got SIRO and VM networks available. An Eir contractor appeared in our estate today, I spoke with him and he told me that no distribution points are planned for 6 houses in the center of 300-house estate and from his experience that means that these houses will never be connected.

So yes, in case you are lucky enough to get their 1Gbit connection you might be happy. The biggest Eir issue is their staff, not their equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Was clearing out a press today and found the box of Eir modem and TV yoke still waiting to be collected. They used to send parcel motel stickers for return but in my case it never happened. They did begin charging me for the unreturned gear and every month a nice reminder of their incompetence.

I was never able to get them to resolve our differences of opinion - but fear not anyone that encounters a reason to quit them. Just wait them out - they are literally such a shower of complete incompetents that eventually you will fall off their radar. I tried to logon today and indeed they have chose to now ghost me.

I will never return - nor will i recommend them to anyone but my vilest of enemies.

Be aware pls

holding their equipment meant that I wasn’t off their system

that’s when my troubles started

I was told by eir cc” box up the modem”

” courier will collect “

only found out 3 months later that couriers ONLY collect in the greater Dublin area

yet the monkeys in cc vehemently told me definitely a courier will call within 10 days

called umpteen times same answer

eventually some sane cc person copped on i was 165 miles from Dublin and no courier will be calling

I dropped modem to the eir shop in Wilton

still took months for them to reimburse me etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NewClareman

The eir network, particularly fibre, is very good. Their CC used to be abysmal, but has improved a bit since theymovedit back to Ireland. It still has its moments but I'm reasonably happy since I moved back to them about 9 months ago. I wouldn't avoid them, if you're getting a decent offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

its been said a million times. they have the correct BB lines - they have the network. If you sign up just be aware you can never change anything and you will never receive any customer service. Once they make that first mistake - its all downhill from there. just quit them.

I have since signed up with VF and i have exactly the same predictable bill every single month without fail. If eir had been able to not "BILL CREEP" up a random small amount slowly every month over time - we would likely still be friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭rn

Their products are excellent and generally reliable. The service is is good to excellent. The customer care is hopeless.

Try the former especially if you're getting a deal, hoping you'll never need the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I've said elsewhere I'm happy enough with eir. Asked for a new replacement router (F3000) for my old F1000 and it arrived IN 24 HOURS free of charge!!!

As a corollary, my parents switched to Vodafone late last year and there was an initial error with their billing. I have had to ring EVERY SINGLE MONTH since to get them to correct the bill amount and they faithfully promise it will be right the next month. It never is.

Speeds and reliability are perfectly satisfactory also.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Captain cabbage

Want to go insane? Sign up to Eir. That will do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

With EIR for 13 months now, initially was on a 12 month contract for €29.99.

Rang them in Feb, said I was happy with the service and what could they do? Signed new contract for 24 months at €39.99 and faster speed. Can't complain with the service or contacting them but maybe that might change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭rn

I'm missing a vital piece of the story here... You're so happy, your paying them a 10er more per month and this time you're actually locked in for 2 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,216 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

"Faster Speed" is what alan patridge aha said.

So safe to assume, it's the 500 Mb Fibre instead of the old "up to".

Now that there is no discount at all, so kind of strange how happy it makes alan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Ya it's 500mb, and it was supposed to increase in price to circa €70 pm after 1 year. Also because I had no issues I told them I'd like to stay and they gave me that price which is OK.

I live in a rural location and am limited to less providers. I've got away from SKY completely tv and broadband and don't wish to go back. Probably could have gone to Vodafone but didn't think it was worth the hassle of changing at that price.

Sorry that is a discounted price as I'm an existing customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

Advertisement