Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

Finished that 'year in review' objective. Not sure why but i had high hopes from the winter wildcard pack, full sure of a Neymar, Ibra, even settle for a Pogba. Nah, Graham that RM from the championship.

Add him to Capa from the rulebreakers and Skriniar from the signature signings and it's defo a case of what could've been.

Have to say it was good content though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I’m about 15 games off the 75 atm. So far I’ve gotten the two worst - Barkhuizen RB and Karlsson for the signature signings. Not expecting much better with the final pack!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

My luck changed a little, did the Future Stars player pick for 25 tokens and got Bellingham!!

Except he doesn’t fit my team whatsoever, was kinda hoping for Tchouameni 😅 Any creative ideas how to get him in because right now he’s the most valuable player I have yet sitting on the bench. Maybe bring in Mukiele at CB for Cozza the easiest way but open to something a bit more exciting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Either an English Icon at centre back or one of the many good Nkunku cards is the only way I can think of fitting Bellingham into that team on anything near full chemistry. Nkunku could work with Walker and Kaka also linking to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,158 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Put kaka as striker and Bellingham at cam in front on walker and youll get him to 8 with an English manager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

This would be what i'd do, if you can afford a HM Haaland. Would be worth it with RB Haaland too i reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Anyone finding loads of success with crossing lately?

I've been trying it over the last few days and having lots of joy with it.

Just the standard square cross from around the corner of the edge of box.

Very often your RW or LW will be running onto the ball at pace for a volley and even if the defender clears it, I'm finding it's often dropping to your attacker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Finally finished the Year in Review objective for the final reward of a Winter Wildcard player - Tierney, not much use as already using that TOTY HM Shaw card at LB.

Rewards from this objective were poor - Mendy signiture signing when I already had his TOTY HM and Ripart in the RuleBreakers pack - no use whatsoever

• Administrators Posts: 54,069 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I am finding that crosses are suddenly hard to defend. My de Ligt is suddenly getting beaten in the air by players who are definitely not as strong nor as tall as him. Or he's completely messing up his position and won't jump.

Did the mid/prime upgrade pack, got prime Nedved. Not a terrible pull, but he's cheap so probably wasn't worth it.

• Advertisement

He's brilliant, but the problem with him is he needs to be played as a CAM or ST which can be awkward when needing to start him LM/LW.

Probably the most underrated icon when you look at price.

If you can get him into the CAM or ST position in-game you'll love him, plus I believe the Prime has the sexy long hair! 🤣

Yea but my issue is I have Di Natale and Best at ST and prime Kaka at CAM, not sure he'd replace any of those. Have him on the bench for now.

That said, if I dropped Di Natale for him I could line up in a 4-5-1 and have full chem all round, switching to 4-1-2-1-2 in game. At the moment my Best is on 7 chem. What you reckon @BrentMused ?

Ah, yeah probably best with him as a bench option for now so.

Definitely try him out at CAM and ST though, I think you'll enjoy him. Couldn't believe he was only 200k-ish when I just checked!

he is worth trying as a replacement for di natale and getting everyone on full chem, there is very little in it between them and he has a 5* WF

Got 100 84 rated IF's on the transfer list now ready to go. All bought at 16k-17.5k.

As soon as we get any sort of decent SBC requiring a TOTW, they'll hit 25k and then more the longer they're out of packs.

100 x average price of 17k = 1.7m

100 x estimated sale price of say 25k = 2.5m

Profit after tax = circa 760k.

Once they sell, then I'll repeat the same process again.

It will take a while and is all dependent on what sort of content EA drops and the requirements for same, but 2 of 3 cycles of that and I'd probably be able to afford a really game changing big hitter (e.g. Gullit).

At the moment I can't really improve my team much without an elite icon, so I'm happy to go with the above method and in terms of effort it's as easy as it gets. Patience is all that's needed really.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Played with flashback Neymar for a bit today, as a 6 chem striker.

lads, he’s cracked. The ball seems glued to him sometimes. Easily the best striker I’ve used this year, lol

He's an absolute bastard to play against, especially if you can RS dribble. Sometimes I get tilted and try just wipe him out and I can't even do that cause he just dances around me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I hate him. He’s hitting the crossbar or post constantly for me.

What chem are you using?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

FS Cunha and WW Tierney for me from the party bags… could’ve been better, could’ve been worse. Had nothing else to do with all the untradeable fodder anyway.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Marksman. He has hit the post a lot for me too, but I’m getting so many shots with him, it doesn’t massively matter.

man, my rewards this morning was insanely good, in terms of high rated fodder. Lukaku, Navas, Pogba, Lloris, Kimmich, Henderson, Parejo and a few other 86s. Easily knocking out two segments of Zidane today, I reckon.

• Advertisement

What division are you in, and what option did you take?

I am Div3 and took option 2 as I'm in desperate need of fodder and it was the biggest number of packs, and all I got was 87 Lloris and 84 De Gea. Everything else was like 80/81. Awful.

i took the untradeables too, im div 2, utter garbage

i have probably asked you before, are you using WW SMS? i packed him untradeable and got to use him a bit on 8 chem, what a beast of a midfielder.

on an unrelated note my free signature signing was a bitter disappointment, some dutch league left winger 😮

Yea I run WW SMS, he's excellent. Great in the box with headers.

What's this free signature signing thing?

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

He'll be extinct, don't worry about it. I imagine he'll start off well above a million though.

The year in review milestone, rulebreaker at 25 games, signature signing at 50 and ww at 75 i think. i dont play that much so you may have had it already?

just checked i got jesper karlson, literally the worst one.

Oh I'm on 45 games, didn't even notice that milestone!

Surprisingly/very strangely I got some great fodder in today's rewards.

Took all untradeable as my club is bare.

Courtois, FS Adams, Fekir TOTW (86), de Ligt TOTW (86), Coman and Laporte.

That's easily the best set of fodder I've got from Rivals in as long as I can remember.

Has anyone done the mid icon player pick? From looking online and at YouTube the weight seems to be relatively decent.

• Advertisement

I think this is the best balanced team i have had, messi and ney are cheap now, but there arent many cards better without spending multiples (garrincha being the obvious upgrade on Messi but he costs x5 for his med and its a toss up between them really)

The two future star CBs are great, i packed ndicka. Delaine is still a best at LB and Aouar still holds his own.

in game i switch to a 41212 narrow, ideally i wouldnt have messi in midfield but he is on get forward, also hakimi is an animal at CM with a deadeye and Marquinhos is very good at CDM

Advertisement