Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2020 Recruitment.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭lornzeo99

You got told what on your medical? I am really trying to remain hopeful that they will somehow eventually recruit us but I listened to the last meeting with the federation and it didn’t really fill me with confidence, I felt he was just being like well we won’t have the police on the ground to attend calls. Apparently there is a meeting today on bringing the draft budget through but I didn’t even think they agreed on that to begin with. You would think they would bring us through after all becoming appointable but I don’t even know at this stage

They won’t scrap it if anything we will have a bit of a longer wait.. and if any recruitment is going to be froze it will be the new campaign. Honestly I think it’s all a media stunt to force the hand of the executives to hand over more money as they are saying they are low in numbers and policing will be impacted if they don’t get more money and if they do get more money they are in a position to accelerate recruitment to get their numbers up, and like oldben said politicians won’t want an increase in crime blamed on them squabbling over money. Patience is required and I know we are all fed up but at the end of the day it’s out of our hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Byc_moze

They told me it's just political game to get more finance on police, as there is not much already. And they are not going to scrap any of recruitment. We are waiting so long already because of covid, so probably, because of budget we are going to wait longer again 🙈

I am wonder if they contacted anyone who was ready to start GV in March 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭georgie1305

I've heard from a reliable source the very same.

Both merit lists will be exhausted. Its just a case of when. Pointless to fund a campaign and then scrap it. More logical to hold appointable people than start all over again in a year long process, by which time, natural wastage (retirement etc) would leave them further short.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 rouge_one

I’ve heard the same that both campaigns 2020 and 2021 will still be going ahead regardless of the funding. There will just be a list of appointable candidates used from both campaigns if and when they can get ppl into GV. instead of spending money on a new campaign the will just go off the list. This may possibly mean a freeze in future campaigns and not the current ones. Hopefully as many have sed it’s just politics but funding should be fine and sorted within next few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭georgie1305

Agreed. I believe there would be a longer wait in any future campaigns

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Elninotdog

What I would be worried about is late numbers in the merit list from 2020 being overtaken by earlier numbers from the new campaign if they were to intertwine. Guess it’s just a matter of waiting more. Our time will come……hopefully 🤞🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Tango-Hotel

I took another job I was on a Merit list for. This whole process has not filled me with confidence.

I’m on the merit list for another job and will be taking it when offered. Looks like no budget can be brought through so defo filled with even less confidence now

• Registered Users Posts: 41 AWD188

What’s the rough time people have waited on their medical and SMT? Been about 7 days for me here now, just wanting to know a rough time scale! Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DDGS7

It's usually a week to the day, I got mine at after 4 in the afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 41 AWD188

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Flyoboy

After your 2 year probation period...yes...you can submit a form 5, application to transfer.

Was thinking the same thing… anyone I know in the job and the website says you have to do a year’s commitment too on top of that unless it’s special circumstances

Hi just wondering on my medical form I included that I got whiplash from a car accident I was involved in in 2017, just got my medical form back from doctor and where it says about strenuous exercise she has put unsure as hasn’t seen full medical report from my consultant…he told me at the time it wouldn’t affect me in life, should this be ok?

You’d be best getting in touch with the consultant and getting a report from them to include with it just to be on the safe side.. might be ok without it but wouldn’t really want to take the chance at this stage if it was me

Thanks! I’m pretty sure I have his report here anyway to say it doesn’t affect anything I do, she just wrote ‘I have no idea what is involved in a maximum fitness assessment to determine if this would be an issue’

Yeah just include it with it then. Also if you’ve passed the PCA then that says it all, so wouldn’t worry about it

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Majorian

Yeah, some time ago. My merit was in the mid 400s. I ended up joining a mainland force I applied for months after the PSNI and I've been serving there for over 8 months now. I'd really recommend doing so if policing is your passion and you have the ability to move; with this campaign, I wouldn't be surprised if you applied today to another force and got a start date before you hear anything further back from the PSNI. It would be a shame for so much potential to go to waste.

I still lurk here sometimes to follow this absolute nightmare of a recruitment campaign. I wish you all the very best and I applaud your patience and commitment.

Stats on the join psni page have changed somehow despite no offers of appointment being made since it was last updated

• Advertisement

@DDGS7 Do you know what the stats were before today? Also do you know what the colour code is for each one? I can’t remember what colour is for what?

the only thing that changed I think was another 31 people dropped out or failed

Light green - going through the managed stages,

Blue - offer of appointment made

Dark green - dropped out/failed stages

The light green was 400 a few days ago, not sure on the blue, near sure the dark green is the same number

Maybe people going through the managed stages have now failed in things like PCA so they have updated it. Wish they would just update us with some idea of what they plan on doing regarding 2020 recruitment!

8 have been made appointable and 31 dropped out or failed the dark green was 225 before it updated

You stay in the light geen chunk when you're appointable as youre technically still going through the managed stages

Yeah then the only change is the 31 who failed or withdrew because it was 225 before the update

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Newyearnewjob

Some of us have had a much poorer experience in this campaign compared to others and it has probably come down to a slightly lower AC score. Personally, my assessment centre was cancelled twice before it went ahead. Then when finally appointable there is a freeze.

I'm already in the job across the water and am starting to have doubts about the PSNI. Unfortunately due to family circumstances I still need to see it through. The fact that someone applied to a GB force after PSNI and has now been in 8 months is ridiculous. Despite covid and lockdown issues, my current force has managed to keep a constant flow of recruitment. I would also recommend that people apply to a GB force as a fall back plan.

I don't see how the money has run out for this financial year. I'm sure the CC had committed to 500 officers this financial year, yet the stats are showing 363. I'm sure it will all start moving again but think most are pretty fed up with the process now.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Tango-Hotel

I would of applied for a force in England, although I have a family here and there is no way they would move. This has been a terrible experience from the beginning.

I've lost count on the amount of weeks my vetting is taking. Must be close to 40. Although I have taken another job now, which I will stay in. Hope everyone else that is waiting, hears back soon. I'm out!

• Advertisement

@Tango-Hotel have you told them you are pulling out? Just wondering so they don’t waste time offering you an appointment and stopping the vetting? If so maybe that is showing in the stats today?

Advertisement